1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

U.S. in a short paragraph

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by maxpower29, May 2, 2011.

1. May 3, 2011 at 8:21 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    We've got water. We also have more boats per capita than any other state.:)

2. May 3, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    kd8awe

kd8awe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rocky
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road
    Fog mod, 3" lift, ShoMe stobes, MicroLight LED Strobes, HiLift Jack, RCI 2950, Yaesu 8900r, 20% Tint, ScanGauge II, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, *** New Mod's (parts on the way) *** U-Bolt flip kit. Tom Woods 1 Piece Double Cardan Drive Shaft. 3* Axel Shims
    Ohio- Farm land and fat chicks nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. It a good place to leave.

3. May 3, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    It must be the crack Capitol because sikeston, MO is the meth Capitol

4. May 3, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Completely true. As for the "Water" comment, I was meaning our drenching 6" +/- of anual rain fall....

5. May 3, 2011 at 9:02 AM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

JESUS CHRIST man! you shoulda gotten in on the snorkel group buy!

:rolleyes:

6. May 3, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Politics aside, California is great. There's so many different environments: Mountains, volcanoes, forests (redwoods & sequoias), deserts and beaches. Anywhere outside of the big cities is fantastic. My favorite areas are north of San Francisco, Weaverville, Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon, Lassen, Big Sur, Angeles Crest and Yosemite.

Cities are crowded, especially LA. If LA county were it's own state, it'd be the 9th largest in terms of population.

7. May 3, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    Texas:San Antonio "big city with a small town feel to it"

I really don't like it mainly cuz there isn't any mountains, and you have to drive hours from where I am to see any.

Surf fishing is great in TX though :D

http://www.tx-sharkfishing.com/

8. May 3, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    I'll see if I can sum this up regionally.

- Southeast: Hot, muggy, with beaches, hills and palm trees. Lots of old people, fat people and strip malls. Without a doubt some of the nicest people in America. Southern hospitality is true -- unless you're black.

- Northeast: Depends on the season -- either windy and shitty or hot and shitty. Without a doubt the center of American history. You want to learn about America's past? Go here. People are busy all the time and are terse because of it. The grass is concrete until you get to Pennsylvania.

- South: Poor, dirty and racist. Avoid.

- Midwest: Grass is corn. There's a big arch in the middle and some big, muddy rivers. People are nice...and fat. The St. Louis Zoo is one of the best in the country. There's a reason this is called Flyover Country.

- West: Awesome. But maybe too much like Canada. Big sky, big mountains, big plains. More activity than you can accomplish. People are nice, but they tend to be hard to get out of their shells.

- Southwest: Grass is a mix of concrete and sand. Hot. Rattlesnakes. Cacti.

- Texas: Make your own assumptions.

- Northwest: Basically an extension of Canada.

9. May 3, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    haha good one.

10. May 3, 2011 at 9:22 AM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    It is interesting how most of the people who say California sucks are from Southern California. I can't disagree, with respect to the south. :)

But because the OP is interested from a visitor's persepctive, here is some relevant perspective. I doubt the OP is really interested in the meth capital of the state, and we all know every state has one, but we wouldn't encourage anyone to seek these place out for a vacation.

California is a vastly diverse state in every regard. Geography, culture, politics, you name it—so you will get lots of different opinions. There are profoundly impoverished areas, and stupifyingly wealthy areas. There are thriving international cities, and sleepy rural hamlets and old mining ghost towns. It is where the Wild West met Asia.

You wouldn't do badly if you started in LA and drove up the entire coast through Big Sur, San Francisco, and the redwoods, and then continued on up along the entire Oregon coast. You also wouldn't do badly starting in LA and driving up Highway 395 along the eastern Sierra Nevada, which will take you through the mojave desert, near Death Valley (lowest point in US), Mt Whitney (highest point in the lower 48 states), Bishop Creek, Mammoth Mountain (the pic in my sig is from near there) and the Ansel Adams Wilderness, Mono Lake, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, and continue up past the volcanic Mt Lassen and Mt Shasta, and on up into the Oregon and Washignton Cascade Mountains. Oh, yeah, the Columbia River Gorge and Mt Hood ain't nothing to sniff at, either.

Notice, though, that in all cases, I have you start in LA so you can make your own judgment and then quicky leave for better places. :D

11. May 3, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    TacoAL

TacoAL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AL
    The Gunshine State
    Vehicle:
    TC
    None (for now)
    Florida is a tourist trap. So if you are into ready made vacations then Florida is it.
    The night life is some of the best in the country.
    The food seen is wonderful.
    The beaches are what you make of them. If all you want to do is sit around and catch rays then hit the west coast. If you want to surf or have fun go to Coca Beach and hit up a place called Ron Johns.
    Good camping.
    Fishing is a big 10 be it fresh or salt.
    Best time to visit is in the Spring or fall. Winter is a good time for camping. Summer is just too hot to even go outside.

North Carolina, Tennessee are epic places in the summer time. The beaches in North Carolina are just like Florida but the weather is a lot cooler in the summer. Head inland to the mountains and you will see some of the most beautiful places in the country. Be sure to hit Kingman’s Dome, camp at Cades Cove, see Cherokee, shoot the Nantahala river, and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway.
    My advice is to stay out of the cities and stick to the mountains.
    Best time to visit is the end of summer and fall.

Wyoming is probably the most beautiful state and a must see. Only drive threw there in the day time.

Colorado is by far the crown jewel of the US. There is something to do there year around. If you love the outdoors then this is the place for you. Night life is off the hook also! One of my favorit places is Crested Bute. Check it out for some of the best winter sports locations on Earth.

Maine is nice but Canada Jr. The National and state parks are among the same as Wyoming.

Avoid: California, the Midwest, most of the Northeast, and in the south Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia.

I hear the Southwest is nice but never vacationed there. Also the Pacific Northwest like Oregon got some really good reviews from friends.

Need anymore info let me know.

12. May 3, 2011 at 1:14 PM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    Thanks for the input. Thats the stuff I wanted to hear. The actual "tell it like it is" about the places everyone THINKS they know. Thanks again

13. May 3, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    Its different then a vacation. I dont want to do just your regular crap. I want to see what everything is like. Im not interested in the whole Florida night life thing and those types of vacations. Just see the country overall

14. May 3, 2011 at 2:00 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    oh and one more thing to start an argument with, eastern NC (vinegar based bitches!) bbq is the best in the world. :D

15. May 3, 2011 at 2:06 PM
    joerussell610

joerussell610 When all else fails read the directions

Member:
    First Name:
    Him
    Making myself at home in your house
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC Sport Edition 4x4
    K&N, fog light mod, remote rear halogen fogs mounted under rear bumper, TRD skid plate, Flux Capacitor, Mr. Fusion upgrade soon
    Just watch our awesome reality tv shows to see how we are and how things look. Plus old episodes of Dukes of Hazard to what the south is like

:oldglory:

16. May 3, 2011 at 2:20 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    seeing that half of the guys in my high school had a dixie air horn, i cannot disagree.

17. May 3, 2011 at 2:36 PM
    joerussell610

joerussell610 When all else fails read the directions

Member:
    First Name:
    Him
    Making myself at home in your house
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC Sport Edition 4x4
    K&N, fog light mod, remote rear halogen fogs mounted under rear bumper, TRD skid plate, Flux Capacitor, Mr. Fusion upgrade soon
    OH NO!
    :facepalm:

18. May 3, 2011 at 2:37 PM
    Cerviperus

Cerviperus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Mt. Zion, IL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 TRD Off Road
    Grille4You 3" Stainless Nerf Bars, EGR In-Channel Window Deflectors, BAKFlip HD Tonneau Cover, Oznium 5" Blue LED Dome Light, WeatherTech Floor Liners, EGR Bug Shield
    Illinois: Avoid Chicago at all costs... only people in Chicago like Chicago. The rest of us would rather see them secede from the state.

Upper 2/3 of the state - corn & bean fields, flat, and not much to see. Southern 1/3 is beautiful in and around Shawnee National Forest.

19. May 3, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    Cerviperus

Cerviperus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Mt. Zion, IL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 TRD Off Road
    Grille4You 3" Stainless Nerf Bars, EGR In-Channel Window Deflectors, BAKFlip HD Tonneau Cover, Oznium 5" Blue LED Dome Light, WeatherTech Floor Liners, EGR Bug Shield
    This is also kind of a neat site to check out some scenic places throughout the country:

America's Byways

20. May 3, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    the only thing accurate on CA is what scocar said.

I love it here and if I were to move, I'd move from NorCal to SoCal, and that's it

Products Discussed in

To Top