Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

manual or automatic, which do you prefer and why?

View Poll Results: manual or automatic?
manual transmission 371 59.84%
automatic transmission 249 40.16%
Voters: 620. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #381
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
We put a man on the moon, why in hell would you wanna shift gears?
Because driving an automatic is boring. I learned to drive a 3 on the tree when I was a kid and have loved it ever since, I have an automatic Bronco, but all my primary drivers have been sticks and always will be. Having a secondary automatic is nice though, still, that thing gets 8 mpg so I don't drive it much.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #382
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Automatic. Im lazy.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #383
Out of my mind....be back later.
RedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT 262d CCS WANG
Name: Dale
RedTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Manual. When I don't have the manual dexterity and motor skills to be able to handle a manual transmission then I really should not be driving. Which explains a lot of the people you see driving on the freeway.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #384
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Manuals are for sports cars and dump trucks and for douchebags that think they are all that because they can drive them
Old 02-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #385
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Auto since I drive mine in town and because Toyota did not offer the jbl sound system with the manual
Old 02-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #386
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Auto since I drive mine in town and because Toyota did not offer the jbl sound system with the manual
Really? Never knew that.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #387
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Manual. I get too bored driving an auto.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #388
woode87 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aircraft Mechanic
Name: Eric
woode87's Tacoma Gallery
In a truck/suv/luxury car - auto.

In a sporty car or a jeep - manual.

Manuals are more fun but if im towing or commuting I'd rather just have the auto.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #389
EG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Edgar
EG555's Tacoma Gallery
I like both....
Manual for a car that is meant to be driven a bit aggressively or sporty. My first car was a manual and the reason I wanted to learn how to drive manual was to get it. It seems easier to pass traffic and I am more alert of my surroundings and flow of traffic when I drive manual cars.

Automatic is very nice to drive when there's heavy traffic or your legs are sore
Old 02-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #390
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer MT. I think only pussies drive automatic.

It is surprising to see how many people in so cal do not know how to drive a MT it is crazy.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #391
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

In the 2013 model they didn't offer it with the manual
Old 02-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #392
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
In the 2013 model they didn't offer it with the manual
what model are you talking about???

SIngle cab

Access Cab?

Double Cab? short bed

Double cab standard size bed.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #393

I'm talking about the DCSB
Old 02-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #395

I honestly wanted a manual but the jbl with engine was worth the automatic
Old 02-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #396
the full Monty

i think if i had to pick a color now with the Tacoma i would pick the green color. i am hoping when they come out with the new 3 gen Tacoma they bring back swb and Rad red.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:46 PM   #397

Speedway blue and radiant red are nice colors I personally think the metallic colors are good looking on the tacomas too
Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #398
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Manuals are for sports cars and dump trucks and for douchebags that think they are all that because they can drive them
ummmm.... wut?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #400
Phil5393 has a spectacular aura aboutPhil5393 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Phil
Phil5393's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You mad?