Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

manual or automatic, which do you prefer and why?

View Poll Results: manual or automatic?
manual transmission 371 59.84%
automatic transmission 249 40.16%
Voters: 620. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #401
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
Stick for me...just like the control I guess...
Old 02-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #402
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Overall, I like a manual. Better gas mileage (if you can drive it right,) and people are less likely to steal it. But I like automatics for towing and for being on the paper route- throwing papers is a lot easier when I'm not haftin to shift, control the wheel, and throw a paper out the window. My Taco is an automatic, unfortunately, but I don't mind. I couldn't pass up such a truck for only $250!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #403
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil5393 View Post
You mad?
Crazy , maybe

Mad over that ? Not
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #404
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Manuals are for sports cars and dump trucks and for douchebags that think they are all that because they can drive them
Oz is referring to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
I prefer MT. I think only pussies drive automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
ummmm.... wut?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #405
mynameistory has a spectacular aura aboutmynameistory has a spectacular aura about
Name: Tory
mynameistory's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #406
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTacoDriver View Post
Manual. When I don't have the manual dexterity and motor skills to be able to handle a manual transmission then I really should not be driving. Which explains a lot of the people you see driving on the freeway.
or this
Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #407
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
well then, I guess I'm a douchebag

better than contributing to the alternative....

Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #408

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well then, I guess I'm a douchebag

better than contributing to the alternative....

You infact are a douchebag
Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #409
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You infact are a douchebag
yes

i said that.... douchebag
Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #410

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes

i said that.... douchebag
Who are you calling a douchebag ? U DB
Old 02-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #411
I feel so Devo

Quote:
Who are you calling a douchebag ? U DB
No, I call you a douchebag because that's what I think of you.... Douchebag.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #412

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, I call you a douchebag because that's what I think of you.... Douchebag.

It's because I can drive a manual , isn't it ?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #413
I feel so Devo

Quote:
It's because I can drive a manual , isn't it ?
WABBIT SEASON!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #414
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Those last few post me. Not sure if serious.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #416
ecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ecoterragaia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
We put a man on the moon, why in hell would you wanna shift gears?
This would make sense if automatic transmissions werent invented before we landed on the moon.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #417
mynameistory has a spectacular aura aboutmynameistory has a spectacular aura about
Name: Tory
mynameistory's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, I can also make fun of you guys for using hair conditioner and not liking spicy food. I'm here all week.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #418
#Pop_An_IceBerg
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer manual because to me its more fun to drive… I see how it can get annoying in traffic from time to time for most people, but ive been driving manual as a daily driver for 12 years and shifting just comes so naturally to me that i reach to clutch when i come to a stop on my wife's auto…lol…
now, to be honest with you all… traffic is annoying on my wife auto just as much as my manual…
Old 03-08-2013, 03:40 AM   #419
Shifting Member
TeXian will become famous soon enough

Name: Christian
TeXian's Tacoma Gallery
I share your sentiment. Not only about traffic, but driving manual IS more fun to drive. My first car was stick back in 1985 and I have never owned an automatic.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #420
POOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JEFF
POOLGUY's Tacoma Gallery
MANUALS ARE MORE FUN TO DRIVE. MY SON IS GETTING MY OLD TRUCK THAT'S MANUAL, SO HE WILL LEARN TO DRIVE RIGHT. EVERY BOY NEEDS TO KNOW HOW.