Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

manual or automatic, which do you prefer and why?

View Poll Results: manual or automatic?
manual transmission 371 59.84%
automatic transmission 249 40.16%
Voters: 620. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #422
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
MANUALS ARE SO OLD SCHOOL , GET WITH THE PROGRAM
yeah but you said the same thing about shoelaces when asked why all your shoes were Velcro
Old 03-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #423
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
yeah but you said the same thing about shoelaces when asked why all your shoes were Velcro
VELCRO IS MODERN TECH JUST LIKE AUTOS TRY TO KEEP UP
Old 03-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #424
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
automatics are old school, your grandm-eh drove one in the 50s or so
Old 03-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #425
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
automatics are old school, your grandm-eh drove one in the 50s or so
NO SHE DIDN'T SHE DROVE A MANUAL LIKE ALL OLD PEOPLE
Old 03-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #426
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

she drove an auto , you cant shift a dogsled.

Yea , the older I get , the more I like more simple things. I don't even have a door remote , I have manual windows and locks. Just so hard to NOT contradict you OZ.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #427
#Pop_An_IceBerg
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
old school…? lol
you made go google this…
this a list of cars that only came manual in 2011:

BMW 1-Series M Coupe
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Ford Mustang Boss 302
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
Honda Civic Si
Lotus Elise
Lotus Exige
Mazda MazdaSpeed 3
Porsche 911 GT3 / Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Porsche 911 GT2 RS
Subaru Impreza WRX / Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Old 03-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #428

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
old school…? lol
you made go google this…
this a list of cars that only came manual in 2011:

BMW 1-Series M Coupe
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Ford Mustang Boss 302
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
Honda Civic Si
Lotus Elise
Lotus Exige
Mazda MazdaSpeed 3
Porsche 911 GT3 / Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Porsche 911 GT2 RS
Subaru Impreza WRX / Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Cars
Old 03-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #429

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
she drove an auto , you cant shift a dogsled.
THE DOGS ARE AUTO
Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #430
senile member

At work, we have so called hybrid vans. Like FedEx. 5 speed manual shifted ......automatically. 3 second delays in the throttle , terrible on a hill , worst of both types of tranny.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #432

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At work, we have so called hybrid vans. Like FedEx. 5 speed manual shifted ......automatically. 3 second delays in the throttle , terrible on a hill , worst of both types of tranny.
Like a semi-auto ?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #433

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Auto only if they're bitches…. manual if they're studs…
no homo lol
touché
Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #434
senile member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Like a semi-auto ?

Normal shifter like an auto.

Most our work rigs are auto, in the end, as much as I find manual fun, work isn't the best place for them.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #435

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Normal shifter like an auto.

Most our work rigs are auto, in the end, as much as I find manual fun, work isn't the best place for them.
Oh , you said a hybrid , I thought you meant the tranny
Old 03-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #436
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Those last few post me. Not sure if serious.
Is anything really serious on TW, when it comes down to it? Lol, that's why I love this site, people here can crack and take jokes. Other forums I am on are just too serious, crack a joke and you risk being banned sometimes.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #437
victorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nice
Name: Victor
victorramse3's Tacoma Gallery
Automatic for a truck that I plan on taking off-road. It's just easier to Off-Road in an automatic than in a manual.

I have never had an automatic until this truck. I find it very boring on my daily commutes but I love it when i'm off road.

I'm looking into a beater miata or something as a daily haha.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #438
#Pop_An_IceBerg
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorramse3 View Post
Automatic for a truck that I plan on taking off-road. It's just easier to Off-Road in an automatic than in a manual.

I have never had an automatic until this truck. I find it very boring on my daily commutes but I love it when i'm off road.

I'm looking into a beater miata or something as a daily haha.
I like the challenge of having to negotiate balance/torque/momentom with some good gas/chutch work/skills.….
Old 03-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #439
victorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nice
Name: Victor
victorramse3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like the challenge of having to negotiate balance/torque/momentom with some good gas/chutch work/skills.….
Yeah at first I felt the same way. I had a manual taco a few years back that I did it with. I was pretty good with it if I do say so myself, but when I got into some unexpectedly difficult and dangerous situations sometimes it would be more difficult than necessary.

I'd just rather have that little extra bit of help when off-roading JUST IN CASE!

It lets me focus on the task at hand a little more carefully when I don't have to worry about clutching.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #440
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Having a manual would be very annoying for me right now! I drive a mile a day with a top speed of 30, and I stop 8 times in that mile!