1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do you DEAL with Dealerships?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by bama trd, May 4, 2011.

1. May 4, 2011 at 5:21 AM
    bama trd

bama trd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Painted Grill with painted Land Cruiser emblem,Tinted Windows, BF Goodrich AT 275/70/17's on 4 Runner SR5 Rims, Bilstein 5100 front and Rear, debadged, fog light on anytime mod,
    Long story short.....sold my 2008 DC LB sport and went through 2 Z71's since last year and it's time to get back into a TACOMA!! I've been looking all over Central Alabama for a White DC Short Bed Off Road 2007-2009 , found one 10 miles from my house and the guy doesn't have the title yet from the state....so my bank said no-go until he can prove it's a good title (makes sense ). But the loan officer told me that the loan value on a 2008 DC SB 2 wheel drive with sport package is $19900. Now for the question for you guys......I'm finding 2007 - 2010 White Tacoma DC shortbeds for 22000 and up , How do you guys personally talk a dealership down? and how far do you usually get them? I would like to buy from a local individual but here in Central Alabama a White DC SB is hard to find on CL and autotrader! Thanks

2. May 4, 2011 at 5:29 AM
    AC13JohnG

AC13JohnG Señor Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black 5 lug
    Try to deal with the sales manager. Be prepared; have a stock number/vin of the car you want. If you come straight out with what you want and what you are willing to pay for it they are usually receptive. Sales people don't like having their time wasted, especially sales managers. Thats how I approach it and it always works for me. Be willing to walk away if they won't give you what you want.

3. May 4, 2011 at 5:45 AM
    TacoAL

TacoAL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AL
    The Gunshine State
    Vehicle:
    TC
    None (for now)
    Walk in there with a $5,000 CD and offer it up as a deposit. Mind you it is collateral and still a five year investment. The moment the weasel mentions he needs to talk with someone else - you fallow him to the "leader" and deal with no one but that scumbag from there on out.

If that one needs to talk something over you chime in with the money card and insult his manhood if he even mentioned leaving the room.

4. May 4, 2011 at 5:45 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    [​IMG]If you can find one you want 200 or 300 miles is ok to do. Im lucky in Orl cuz the big auto action in ocoee. My old wholesale cat moved back to Ky. but there is always someone who can get you in and wants to make your ez money you say yes and he bids. My loaded 07 was going on the lots for 26 to 28k in 08 we were hi bid at 20400 cost me 1k for tax and tag,1k for the wholesaler. 22,400 and i was on my way home..Truck is worth that on trade today..

5. May 4, 2011 at 5:50 AM
    Triangleacre1

Triangleacre1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5
    One way is to just tell them you found the same truck at another dealership at a lower price and will go there if they can't work with you. They won't know if you if you found it somewhere else. Anytime I go to a dealership I set my bottom price and if they dont wana get to it just tell them to call when they want to work stuff out.

6. May 4, 2011 at 6:16 AM
    Blackened Taco

Blackened Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2005 AC 4WD TRD Sport Tacoma Speedway Blue
    3 inch suspension lift, 16 inch TRD FJ Cruiser black alloys, 33 X 12.5/16 Swamper Trxus M/T, Line-Xed Toyota skid plate, TRD exhaust, TRD cold air intake, Full tint to match factory tint, In channel wind deflectors, Custom wired hidden XM, Black shorty antenna, Black background headlights, Sockmonkey TRD decals, Kenwood 5120 HU with navigation, Boston Acoustic SL60 front compnonent speakers, SL65 rear speakers, Grillcraft lower mesh grille, Black badging, AromorTech Offroad rear bumper and rear shackle flip kit Access tonnosprt cover, 12 volt power adapter wired in under the dash for standard plug in items. Recently added Devil Horn Toyota Logo, Thanks Andres.

And the people at the dealerships are maggots? Really dude?

7. May 4, 2011 at 7:12 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Maggots would be a step up!!!!

8. May 4, 2011 at 8:56 AM
    tacoteacher

tacoteacher Well-Known Member

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 access cab 4wd
    Stock for now
    I looked For months to find my taco with the equipment I wanted. In that time I found only 1 truck in Cali for sale at a stealership. I had no choice but to deal with those butt plugs. I just felt dirty doing all the paperwork. Thankfully, my bottle of Jim Beam took off the edge. They wanted me to share. :laughing:

9. May 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    good luck. looks like you are getting some good advice. i'm sure , with gas at around $4.00 a gal. and probably going higher, these trucks will sell at a premium. you know,like when winter comes and 4-wd trucks cost more. shop around,it may take awhile untill you get the deal you want. back in 2000 I priced a new chevy truck. went to 10 or 11 dealers. one was $2,200 cheaper, on the same truck. I bet you could make a good deal on a "496" or a "454" right now! I heard that a local chevy dealer sold 1 truck last month. wonder why?

10. May 4, 2011 at 8:09 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    All is good advice, but most important is to be willing to leave in a second. I just aided my GF in purchasing a 2011 Camry and trading her 2010 4runner. We left the 1st place because the guy didn't listen to what I told him. When I started I said what she was willing to pay total turn key deal with Gap and 100k warranty and pointed to the car she wanted. Told him to come back with his lowest number and we would work from there. He came back with questions about monthly notes. I sent him back to get my answer and told him it was the last time I was asking. Needless to say we walked. Went to next dealer gave him a rundown on what happened and made him the same answer. He returned with a reasonable price higher than i wanted but ok, then we talked about notes and down paments, got those right and then mentioned trade in and worked that price. Left with her car.

11. May 4, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Oh yeah the first salesman called the following day, and I was happy to inform him that we made a deal that day with another dealer.

12. May 4, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    sub'd

13. May 4, 2011 at 8:31 PM
    bama trd

bama trd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Painted Grill with painted Land Cruiser emblem,Tinted Windows, BF Goodrich AT 275/70/17's on 4 Runner SR5 Rims, Bilstein 5100 front and Rear, debadged, fog light on anytime mod,
    Thanks guys for all of the great advice , The small Dealership with the truck that I wanted called me this morning and told me that the Title was finally in and clear to sale.The truck arrived at their lot in Febuary and the salesman bought it , he had to go to my bank with me and pay the extra $1200 to put with my $19800 to buy the truck. I bought it for the banks loan value and he paid the rest to get out of the payment. 2008 DC Short Bed Sport with 285/70/17 tires and 45K miles. Got it home and did the Fog light on anytime mod , disabled the Tpms , removed secondary airfilter and washed. Tomorrow is tinting the front two windows ,clay baring , polishing and waxing.:cool:

14. May 5, 2011 at 10:10 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Glad you got your truck pretty much hassel free.

15. May 5, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    tacoteacher

tacoteacher Well-Known Member

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 access cab 4wd
    Stock for now
    Now all you have to do is change your truck description from "looking".......Congrats:woot:

16. May 5, 2011 at 4:06 PM
    ecupcar

ecupcar Well-Known Member

Member:
    20 miles south of nowhere
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma and 99 4Runner Limited
    Leer color match cap, prodigy break controller, Thule rack, window tint, bed mat and bug deflector
    They are not all bad, they just have pressure from the boss and use tactics. The best advice is REASEARCH, information is key, know the right price and stick to your guns. If they are way off, WALK, they will call you back.

Oh, buy at the end of the month. Unlike cops, they really do have quotas!

Products Discussed in

To Top