1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maybe they could do a better job of enforcing the law if they actually knew it...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 2003RC51, May 17, 2011.

1. May 17, 2011 at 4:24 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    i think its absolutly crazy, the guy should not have been asked to get on his knees in the firstplace. It should have stopped when he said he has a license. Fiorino was totaly calm the entire time and the officers we just taking it waaaaay to far.

This part angers me the most...

"A new investigation was launched, and last month the District Attorney's Office decided to charge Fiorino with reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct because, a spokeswoman said, he refused to cooperate with police... He's scheduled for trial in July."

in a jury of peers, where they get to listen to the audio recording, i can almost gaurentee he will be found not guilty by a sweeping margin.

also i defanitly think it should be legal to record public officials (not sure if it is or not). What a better way to ensure the public officials, acting for the public, paid by the public, are doing their job fair and right. If they are doing their jobs fairly what is the problem?

I kinda want to hear the officers here post their opinions after hearing the audio recording.

2. May 17, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    Nightwar

Nightwar .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Webster, Tx
    Vehicle:
    11 SR5 V6 4X4 Silver
    Avid sliders & Lightbar, Front 5100s/Eibachs, Rear OME Shocks/Alcan 2" AAL, LR UCAs, Debadged, ProComp 7089s, BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey decals, 2x Kicker CompVR 10s, Pioneer P4300DVD, BHLM
    The judge will probably throw the case out anyway.

3. May 17, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R

I really liked part 2 when the cop was trying to justify what he did and couldn't even remember what he said or how it went down correctly.

4. May 17, 2011 at 4:37 PM
    tx_shooter

tx_shooter This place is a cesspool of bfo and spacer lifts

Member:

Let me guess - you have a perfect memory and can remember everything when your adrenline is running? :cool: BTDT and I know I don't. I got tunnel vision; accomplished what I needed to but I know I would be screwed to give a step by step statement on every detail that happened.

But that brings out the beauty of the Internet and how people get to armchair quarterback everyone else. Was the guy legal to open carry - sure. Should the officers have known legal carry was legal - sure. Was the guy right for trying to explain his situation to the cops raither than cooperate and then let them look like fools - no. I'm not even going to address the issue from the officer's side because I don't know what they just came off of or their background. They did what they felt they needed to - until you get qualified to pin a badge on and do the same job they do you just have a second hand opinion on something your not qualified to do. Let's hear your opinion on brain surgery...

5. May 17, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    Derpy Derek

Derpy Derek Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Brookings, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    ARB Bumper, Smittybilt X20, King suspension
  6. May 17, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    Nightwar

Nightwar .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Webster, Tx
    Vehicle:
    11 SR5 V6 4X4 Silver
    Avid sliders & Lightbar, Front 5100s/Eibachs, Rear OME Shocks/Alcan 2" AAL, LR UCAs, Debadged, ProComp 7089s, BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey decals, 2x Kicker CompVR 10s, Pioneer P4300DVD, BHLM
    Yeah he couldn't remember, but it was recorded and on YouTube so everyone can listen to him. Sucks but thats life. Being an officer of the law is like living in a glass house, everyones see what you do, tunnel vision or not.

7. May 17, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    1st part: In the perfect world he would be found not guilty but I'm sure they will make an example of him.
    2nd part: I agree with the recording but when you have the most power ego hungry corrupt fuckers making/enforcing the laws,they would not allow it cuz they would be fucked.

8. May 17, 2011 at 4:49 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    I was qualified to carry a badge and a handgun (Did it for 5 years) and these Officers were wrong. Okay that said I think we can all agree on that. But what I have a problem with is the DA doing another investigation and charging him with a crime so as to make it look like a cover up. This is the kind of stuff Federal Grand Juries are made of. I think he has an excellent federal case against the state if he chooses to pursue it. The plaintiff (Fiorno) should cite a lack of police training in his argument on the part of the state and the city in this issue and should cite 1968 Safe Streets Act (Civil Rights) as the civil wrong as the state "under color of law" is now trying to deprive him of his freedom and equal protection guaranteed under the law and the constititution!!!

9. May 17, 2011 at 4:50 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:

Woop? That is the kind of attitude that got us into this mess. People have to be willing to take full responsibility for their actions. Woop - yeah, big woop.

:D

10. May 17, 2011 at 4:51 PM
    Nightwar

Nightwar .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Webster, Tx
    Vehicle:
    11 SR5 V6 4X4 Silver
    x2 I was thinking the same thing

11. May 17, 2011 at 4:51 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    But If a cop tells you to drop even if your innocent,don't you have to??

12. May 17, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    meeestirg

meeestirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vance County, NC
    this is a re-post.

13. May 17, 2011 at 4:55 PM
    Derpy Derek

Derpy Derek Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Brookings, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    ARB Bumper, Smittybilt X20, King suspension
    :brianr::brianr:
    :brianr::brianr:

14. May 17, 2011 at 4:55 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:

Depends on who you ask... according to some people who can just flip the cop the bird because your innocent.

15. May 17, 2011 at 4:55 PM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    its really funny how when someone gets arrested they would be questioned for hours at a time and it would all be written down and recorded so the first thing they say is supposed to be what happened and just as you say the adrenaline and traumatic events might make it pretty hard to recall everything exactly as it was. but you cant change your story after they already write the report.

and when a LEO has some shit go down like if he uses his firearm he gets like 24 hours off as a cool down period to make sure he can remember everything.

i dont like cops mostly cuz they almost all treat me like shit and abuse their power. but i do know that their are good ones out there and everyone is human.

IMO the cop in the recording was way over the line

EDIT: IBTL

16. May 17, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:

This statement sounded like the same old same old until I saw your from Houston. I have to agree with you - Houston cops have a worse rep than the trolls around here.

17. May 17, 2011 at 5:03 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    I like turtles

18. May 17, 2011 at 5:04 PM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    I see both sides of the equation. The cop dealing with usually the worst of citizens all day long id rather be safe and make their are no threats to my saftey. he doesn't know who hes walking up to.

On the other hand it is my every right to carry and should be harassed

19. May 17, 2011 at 5:07 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:

Derp your Derpa you Derpie Derp.

20. May 17, 2011 at 5:23 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    I agree that the cops were in the wrong, but he should of listened to the officer's commands. He had a license to open carry, so he didnt have anything to worry about. Everything would have checked out in his favour and he would've been on his way. Instead he turns on his recorder and decides to challenge the officer.

Bash me all you want, but I agree with him being charged with refusing to cooperate with police.

Products Discussed in

To Top