Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Should I be mad or not?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Should I be mad or not?

So me and my girlfriend have been going out for almost a year now, her birthday is coming up and she wanted a puppy. She already has a dog and her roommate does as well, I told her I didn't think it was a good idea to have three dogs. She said that she wanted a little dog not another big one ( she has a pit bull already) so I said that it would be ok with me. Well she says that we are gonna go pick it out together and pick one we both like, that was fine we were just waiting for a day we could both to look together.

Well Saturday she tells me she is going to walmart with her friend she asks if I want to go naturally I say no because I'm on TW. Well about2 hours later her friend walks in holding a rat terrier then in walks my girlfriend with another rat terrier.

Right away she starts saying she is sorry that she picked him out without me, I say it's ok and that i don't mind. Later I got to thinking and it kinda bothered me bc she said she wanted my opinion and that we were gonna pick it out together.

So should I be mad, happy or what, I know it's just a dog but I like this girl and if she says she wants my opinion but then makes the decision on her own how should I react? Should I make a big deal about this or let it go?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
that scenario is one of the things that really bothers me. Don't ask me my opinion if you were gonna do what you wanted in the first place!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I would've been mad. Not only because of what she did, but that she came home with a f*cking ankle biter! Those dogs suck IMO
Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #4
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Dude - you need to be upset about this... It's a possible sign of things to come. You need to set limits on your relationship on just about everything. Failing to do that will, in the end, end up costing you your freedom and/or cash. Just think about it... Don't let her walk on you.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:05 AM   #5
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
i know my boyfriend would be pissed if i did something like that and i think you have the right to be pissed too.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #6
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Not really cool of her, and you should let her know how you feel about it, but she actually wound up with a pretty cool dog... I have a friend with a rat terrier. He's on the big side for a rat terrier (damn near 20lbs), but he's a kickass dog for his size.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #7
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks guys and girl, normally she doesnt do stuff like this but getting another dog is a big deal considering how long they live. I just hope that she doesnt take my opinion on little things and ignore it on big things.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:18 AM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
All good suggestions above. I call events like these red flags or signposts. From experience, I have choosen not to pay attention to them or run them over only to have pain later. Its good you are paying attention, share how you feel with her & let her know how that doesn't work for you (thats the sentiment I'm getting here, no offense if it isn't). I don't think you are off base at all for pets are a big responsibility not matter how big or small & its a huge decision.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #10
DREAD is on a distinguished road

Army: E5-13B Artillary Cannon Crewman, 1/180th 153 FA Bgd
DREAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
Dude - you need to be upset about this... It's a possible sign of things to come. You need to set limits on your relationship on just about everything. Failing to do that will, in the end, end up costing you your freedom and/or cash. Just think about it... Don't let her walk on you.
Amen Brother!

It is definately a sign of things to come. It shows me two things right away; 1) She did not live up to her commitment to you and 2) because she left you out, she was disresectful toward you.

IMO, if these things are left unchecked, they will become the model for all such future decisions and the next thing you know, you will be left out of future decisions. Once this becomes accepted behavior, you're humped. The decisions you get left out of - that affect your life - will start to control your life. It's subtle, it's a slippery slope, it's a way to control you and in the end, you will either brake up with her over these types of issues, or you will become the new puppy... Your choice... I was once the new puppy and it destroyed our relationship.

Best wishes Dude... Best wishes...
Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 AM   #11
DREAD is on a distinguished road

Army: E5-13B Artillary Cannon Crewman, 1/180th 153 FA Bgd
DREAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
On the bright side you did not have to go to Wal Mart

-Dan
Heh-heh! X2!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
On the bright side you did not have to go to Wal Mart

-Dan
Lol thats true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAD View Post
Amen Brother!

It is definately a sign of things to come. It shows me two things right away; 1) She did not live up to her commitment to you and 2) because she left you out, she was disresectful toward you.

IMO, if these things are left unchecked, they will become the model for all such future decisions and the next thing you know, you will be left out of future decisions. Once this becomes accepted behavior, you're humped. The decisions you get left out of - that affect your life - will start to control your life. It's subtle, it's a slippery slope, it's a way to control you and in the end, you will either brake up with her over these types of issues, or you will become the new puppy... Your choice... I was once the new puppy and it destroyed our relationship.

Best wishes Dude... Best wishes...
The reason this is such a big surprise is because i never thought she would do this kinda thing, we are definitely gonna talk about this later, I just needed reassurance that i wasnt over reacting and that i saw something that could point out problems in the future.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #13
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like the dog will be around longer than you will.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #14
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
Don't throw a hissy fit. Just go out and get a REAL dog that will just eat the rat. Then she really can't do anything and no more rat problems. I don't even know why people keep rats as pets.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #15
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
sounds like the dog will be around longer than you will.

Yea - then he can find a woman that will respect him as a person... not just as a BF or other.

I cannot tell you how many times I have been walked on because I suffer from the NGS - "Nice Guy Syndrome"... I learned the hard way and eventually got to the point where I was like "F* that... she has to work to catch and keep me too..."

If she ever dumped you - there are plenty more fish in the sea that would be better for you anyway....

Good luck bro!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #16
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taconinja View Post
Don't throw a hissy fit. Just go out and get a REAL dog that will just eat the rat. Then she really can't do anything and no more rat problems. I don't even know why people keep rats as pets.
rat terriers are not rats and they don't resemble rats at all. they are called rat terriers simply because they were bred to hunt rats. don't insult my bad ass dog
Old 10-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #17
"Mark It Zero"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post
rat terriers are not rats and they don't resemble rats at all. they are called rat terriers simply because they were bred to hunt rats. don't insult my bad ass dog

Rat Terriers are AWESOME dogs. I used to have one... (I have an English Bulldog now).

Apparently they were also called "Roosevelt Terriers" because President Roosevelt used to have them in the White House...

Interesting....
Old 10-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #18
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
roosevelt is actually the one that bred them in the first place
Old 10-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #19
"Mark It Zero"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post
roosevelt is actually the one that bred them in the first place

hmmm... didn't know that I hope that I have impressed everyone with my dog knowledge skillz!!! LOL joking of course...