1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Relationship Issue...Need help Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by tc2008, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Oct 6, 2008 at 9:41 AM
    tc2008

tc2008 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garden Grove, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Speedway Blue
    8000K HID light, LED map and dome light, cluster + AC blue, Camburg 2.5 front and rear, Deaver 10 Packs. Satoshi Grille, Eyelids, Carbon fiber hood w/ scoop, BHLM, 285/75/16 km2s, KMC enduros
    Alright so me and My gf been going out for a year and 3 months, yesterday was our anniversary. She been acting weird toward me lately and been lying to me about she going hang out with her ex instead with her friends.

Yesterday she came to the truth confessing that she still has a little bit feelings for him, but he is chasing another girl so he doesn't give a shit about her anymore and he has moved on when they broke up a year and a half ago.

The shit that bugs me the most is that she lied for the past 4 weeks. Yesterday me and her went into the mall since it was our anniversary so I bought her a few things then went to the food court, while at the food court she told me to wait there so she can go buy something for her friend. So I waited for like 15min she went back with a pair of stuff animal, I asked her who asked you to buy it for them for she said her his ex gf asked her to buy it for him, but then i found out she lied when she came to the confession yesterday. She never bought me any of those stuff because she thinks that I will think it's cheesy...

I'm really confused on what to do now. I need professional help on solving this, she is confused and having mix feelings for him and me. What should I do to sold this guys?

2. Oct 6, 2008 at 9:51 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Break up and find someone who treats you better. You don't need the drama and head games.

3. Oct 6, 2008 at 9:52 AM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    yup, sounds like it's time to move on.

4. Oct 6, 2008 at 9:53 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Draw a line, an let her get her stuff together, if she admitted she has feelings for her ex, its not worth for you to stay there, let her clear up her mind.... you don't need to put up with that stuff...

5. Oct 6, 2008 at 9:54 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    ehh....touchy subject bro. I dont think i have real advice but heres what i think about lying. F that. it is uncalled for, I would ask her to figure things out with her feelings and not talk to her for a couple of days. all in all she needs to know thats that lying BS doesnt fly.

6. Oct 6, 2008 at 9:56 AM
    tc2008

tc2008 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garden Grove, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Speedway Blue
    8000K HID light, LED map and dome light, cluster + AC blue, Camburg 2.5 front and rear, Deaver 10 Packs. Satoshi Grille, Eyelids, Carbon fiber hood w/ scoop, BHLM, 285/75/16 km2s, KMC enduros
    She asked me to give her time to clear up this feelings for him she promised me there will be nothing between them. She knows there will be absolutely no chance with him and her so therefore she still hangs on to me but she ask for a break because she doesn't want to hurt me...

7. Oct 6, 2008 at 9:59 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Dude, without me even getting started on people that are lying,
    - never settle for less....

She is treating you like your are #2. You do not deserve that... You should always be #1 in your significant other's book... Otherwise the relationship isn't worth it. You are going to end up wasting time (and money) in that relationship - and for what? Because she realizes that she still has something for an old flame... She shouldn't have feeling for another dude while she is with you.

I cannot even begin to tell you how many chicks (even hot chicks) that I have dumped over stupid stuff like that...

I'd dump her ASAP. Save your loot and spend it on your ride instead...

8. Oct 6, 2008 at 9:59 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    That's a load dude. If she wants to stay with you just because she don't want to hurt you, you've already lost all respect, and she'll step on you whenever it fancies her.

Leave skid marks.

9. Oct 6, 2008 at 10:05 AM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Dump her i had an ex gf who i found out had feelings for the guy she dated before me, found out she had been fouling around with him. Well i dropped her ass quick and found somebody better.

10. Oct 6, 2008 at 10:14 AM
    Teufel Hunden

Teufel Hunden No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 MGray DC SB TRD-OR 4x4 V6 Auto SR5
    Undercover tonneau, OEM tow package with hitch, OEM retractable roof rack, Front window tint (legal), WeatherTech FloorLiners, Door sill protectors, Tacoma bed mat, Rear leaf spring TSB, OEM DRL mod, Door edge guards, AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Removed secondary air filter, Smoked LED 3rd brake light, Romik running boards, Go Rhino hitch step, Extra set of D-rings mod, Bed cargo net, TRD wheel locks, OBX sport pedal covers.
    +1

11. Oct 6, 2008 at 10:18 AM
    red06toy

red06toy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Worcester MA
    Vehicle:
    Impulse red OR, 2.5 lift
    2.5 toytec, bilstein 5100 black grille, black lights, partially shaved decals remaning ones black, , trd fj wheels, sirius, Ipod interface, pre-filter delete
    Man we've all been 18 and had to deal with shit similar to this one time or another. You'll look back and laugh someday; in the mean time dump her ass. Plenty of girls out there who wont play these games. Or just be single, your 18 and got a nice truck, go tear shit up with your buddies.

12. Oct 6, 2008 at 10:24 AM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    Honestly i would dump her...
    If she told you that she still has feelings for him, that means that even if things do change for the better,
    that thought will always be in the back of your head bugging you all the time...

13. Oct 6, 2008 at 10:30 AM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    tell her "dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya." see ya.

14. Oct 6, 2008 at 10:39 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    yep, i agree with that completely

15. Oct 6, 2008 at 10:54 AM
    zombot

zombot Scavenger

Member:
    savannah
    Vehicle:
    08 white debadged panda
    bull bar and offroad lights, tool box and other minor storage mods
    you're eighteen. you've been together for 3 years. you don'y need to be held down or get married to this girl...yet. one day you guys may come back together, but right now you have to ask yourself- do you like feeling uneasy and paranoid?
    do you want to be with a girl that makes you feel that way?... you will not be able to change her from this path and any attempt to try will just make you look needy and weak, or overbearing. if you get out now, save face before you taint your reputation among her friends.
    because you never know who you will end up with.

i know it makes your stomach hurt to feel like something has come to an end, but when you get to be my age, the teenage relationships you had are so SILLY. if anything you learn from them.

i'm 32 this year. my wife and i are going through some serious shit and realizing we have both become different people in the past 8 years.(of knowing each other). we still love each other but the question is becoming are we right for each other? are we holding each other back?

not to make light of your situation, but at your age you have your best years right ahead of you. and i wish i had a bunch of older wiser dudes in a forum to tell me that nothing i did as a teenager relationship wise means a hill of beans in the long run, because back then i thought it was the end of the world.

if i only knew then what i know now.

16. Oct 6, 2008 at 11:09 AM
    Ken Dawg

Ken Dawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    EAST COAST
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD Sport LB
    Tranny rebuilt 12/2016 at 142,500 Pioneer deh-p400ub head unit Alpine spr-69c fronts Alpine 17c rears. Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp JL sub behind seat Upper console solder fix Recall: Rear leaf's 12/2016 To Do List: JVC KW-V820BT with Backup cam Zelwig Helper Spring Clazzio Dark Gray seat covers /heat Viper alarm w/ Starter Then drive to 250,000 miles!
    old guy response...50 aint old but....

let her go for no other reason than in the future you will be stronger and NOT continue accepting less than you deserve...
    if you stick it out...your self esteem erodes..not cool at 18 or 50 yrs of age.
    Tell her you love her...want her happy and walk....

if she comes back.... sit her ass down and talk to her...get direct HONEST answers....
    if she doesnt come back...you have self esteem and can say the magic word.....after a little while of healing...
    NEXT!
    good luck

17. Oct 6, 2008 at 11:12 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    definitely time to move on. You don't want her to "settle" for you.

18. Oct 6, 2008 at 11:14 AM
    zombot

zombot Scavenger

Member:
    savannah
    Vehicle:
    08 white debadged panda
    bull bar and offroad lights, tool box and other minor storage mods
    i should also add, if you can muster up the nerve to break up- do it as cool and professional as you can. don't be shitty about it. act like you could care less, like it's unfortunate, but oh well, life goes on, nice doing business with you.

chicks eat it up when you act like you could give a shit. i'm not saying be an asshole, just play it cool. you see how 'not giving a shit' on her exes part is driving her crazy over him again...

i love women. they are mysterious and beautiful creatures, and usually very smart.
    BUT in all my and my friend's experiences, they will always go for the guy that acts like he doesn't want/need them. it's their biggest fault. i wouldn't say they LIKE being treated like dirt, but acting like you could take it or leave it must make them feel the need to prove themselves, or involve themselves more. it sucks. i didn't make these rules. i think society has really fucked up young girl's minds to think this way. i'm just saying that's how you have to play the game now. at some point you and a girl will be able to break through this bullshit rule and then you know you will have something special.

P.S- i also agree completely with the 50 year old guy
    :p

he's got twenty years of distilled advice and sums this shit up way better than me.

19. Oct 6, 2008 at 11:25 AM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    I am confused on what you said.. either im drunk from lack of alcohol or that isnt proper english

20. Oct 6, 2008 at 11:26 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod

+1...

One other thing... do it at HER place... that way you can leave when you are done. If you do it at your pad, then you will have to come to that point when you end up saying "I think you should go now..." or something like that. By doing it at her place - you have control of when to end it.

Also, DO NOT do it in public - unless it is at a park or something. You don't need water in your face (which I have never experienced myself - but good advice nonetheless).

Good luck man!

Products Discussed in

To Top