Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

made my first .gif in photoshop from the dark knight..(REQUESTS

Old 05-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
ne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erick Iglesias
ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
made my first .gif in photoshop from the dark knight..(REQUESTS

What do you guys think? Does it look okay?
It took me about an hour and a half of trouble shooting with this shit

First I found a blu-ray rip off of youtube and downloaded the HD file, put it into Sony Vegas, changed resolution MANY times, and just put 512x288 and came out to about 5mb's. One of the problems I came upon was the frames per second were making the file huuuuuge for a gif. I rendered it in sony vegas to allow changing of the fps from any program or whatever and it when down to a shitty 10fps and looked horrible.
But yeah this is the outcome of it..hopefully I will be making and learning more as I come across more!

OH AND I MIGHT TAKE A COUPLE OF REQUESTS OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS IF YOU WANT

Old 05-25-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
ne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Damn. That's a lengthy/detailed gif. Nice work!
Thanks.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #5

ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery

Made another one.

I think I may have to change the bit-rate of the colors or something for the size to be smaller because it doesn't want to upload onto my blog. >=/
Old 05-26-2011, 03:17 AM   #6
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
So.... How did you go about making these? I have always been curious on how to do it, but never been able to figure it out.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #7

ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
So.... How did you go about making these? I have always been curious on how to do it, but never been able to figure it out.
I downloaded a video from youtube, then I dropped it into Sony Vegas Pro 10 and changed the resolution down to a smaller scale of 16:9. which was like 4xx x 288. Can't remember the specific resolution but it works since it's still 16:9.
Rendered it 30fps into a .mp4 file with no audio.

Then put it into photoshop and clicked save for web and devices and saved as .gif.

That's how I did it, other people have their own way, I have mine
Old 05-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
It's basically a computerized flipbook (flip the pages to make it animate). So, you can also do it with single pictures as well as the method used by ne0tas. You put the pictures in seperate layers and make the bottom one visible and all other layers not visible.

Then Save for web...

Select Gif Format along with color size (quality) and time between frame swaps.

Check the "Animate" checkbox and save it.

The resulting Gif picture will cycle through the layers.

So for example, my Evil Monkey Avatar picture is just two pictures of the monkey merged with two identical pictures of my truck (two layers total). The arm is skewed slightly higher in one. I made the lowest layer visible, and the other not visible. I saved it as above. Because the arm is skewed, when it flips, it makes it look like his arm is moving.

You can preview it in IE before you save it to disk (near the bottom of the save dialog).
Old 05-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #9

ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
It's basically a computerized flipbook (flip the pages to make it animate). So, you can also do it with single pictures as well as the method used by ne0tas. You put the pictures in seperate layers and make the bottom one visible and all other layers not visible.

Then Save for web...

Select Gif Format along with color size (quality) and time between frame swaps.

Check the "Animate" checkbox and save it.

The resulting Gif picture will cycle through the layers.

So for example, my Evil Monkey Avatar picture is just two pictures of the monkey merged with two identical pictures of my truck (two layers total). The arm is skewed slightly higher in one. I made the lowest layer visible, and the other not visible. I saved it as above. Because the arm is skewed, when it flips, it makes it look like his arm is moving.

You can preview it in IE before you save it to disk (near the bottom of the save dialog).
^This
Old 05-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #10

ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #11

ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #12

ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Learned how to make them for my tumblr, made them lower quality with the lossy and it works.