Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Ask A Medic

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #1261
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
More importantly...

The ER also has a cleaning crew...

I have this (and often times a dispatcher asking why we haven't cleared the hospital yet):

Old 04-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #1262
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I love Cavi Wipes. Specially the ones that say they'll give you cancer. Or the green ones that smell like farts. I once cleaned a pen with the green ones. I thought the smell emanating from it was me. I was genuinely concerned for my health till I found out it was the fucking pen.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #1263
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I love Cavi Wipes. Specially the ones that say they'll give you cancer. Or the green ones that smell like farts. I once cleaned a pen with the green ones. I thought the smell emanating from it was me. I was genuinely concerned for my health till I found out it was the fucking pen.

we have these...Supersani cloth "plus"

They work great, but I am sure the "plus" stands for...plus cancer
Old 04-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #1265
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
More than likely.
when I worked at rural metro (I escaped) I worked with a guy who had to have a part of his pinky hacked off because of cancer. His Doc attributed it to the purple top Pdi sani wipes we used. (he used to not wear gloves when using them).
Old 04-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #1267
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just pull up to a fire hydrant and turn the hose on
Old 04-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #1268
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Garbage bag, mop, and shovel all that shit to the end is generally what happens. We don't like to spray that crap everywhere in case we suddenly turn half a block into an HIV/Hep C containment zone.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #1269
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Garbage bag, mop, and shovel
Sounds like you gettin' ready to bury a body
Old 04-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #1270

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm...I don't wear gloves while using them.
haha, I would make it a habit of using gloves when you use sani wipes
Old 04-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #1271
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Sounds like you gettin' ready to bury a body
Wouldn't be the first time I've had a corpse in the back of my unit. I've also carried fingers/thumbs in my pockets on 2 separate occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
haha, I would make it a habit of using gloves when you use sani wipes
I've started to already, but I never used to.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #1272
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
when I worked at rural metro (I escaped) I worked with a guy who had to have a part of his pinky hacked off because of cancer. His Doc attributed it to the purple top Pdi sani wipes we used. (he used to not wear gloves when using them).
I guess Santa Clara County isn't satisfied with RM's response times. Tho it's just a small amount, word is if it happens again, RM's out.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #1273

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
I guess Santa Clara County isn't satisfied with RM's response times. Tho it's just a small amount, word is if it happens again, RM's out.
Rural Metro sucks man....its the quintessential private ambulance. Saving money is held above all else (even safety and patient care).

Rural Metro recently took over 911 service for Sumter County, FL (used to be Lake/Sumter EMS...now they are just Lake EMS). And they are FUCKING UP.

They have TEN...yes TEN units for the WHOLE COUNTY (and that is what they have avail, I am sure they run less)...and its a very large and rural county, everything is very spread out....They promised 8 minute responses to get the contract, they are averaging much higher than that. They refuse to spend the money on putting more units on the road, and paid six figure fines due to not meeting the agreement in respect to response times.

I am so glad I got out of private EMS. I love my Job now....look forward to work every day.

I am not talking shit about ALL of rural metro...I am sure they have great operations throughout the country...but the central Florida operation SUCKS.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #1274

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
AMR was the provider prior to RM. Almost everyone from AMR xfered to RM so I'm pretty sure it's not the people. According to some comments from the execs, they've added more unit hours but they're blaming their failure on a higher call rates and more complex calls (longer time on calls). Hmm. Not sure why your reaction to that would be nothing until you are put on notice.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #1276
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 05-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #1278
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
here's a reminder to be careful around razor blades.
also, did i treat it right?
first thing we did was run the cut under cold water
2nd, apply pressure right below (heart side) the cut
3rd, antiscepticize it
4th, apply bandage tightly (which didn't work, so we wrapped it in a paper towel and wrapped that with electrical tape)
Attached Thumbnails
Ask A Medic-img_1967.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #1279

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
here's a reminder to be careful around razor blades.
also, did i treat it right?
first thing we did was run the cut under cold water
2nd, apply pressure right below (heart side) the cut
3rd, antiscepticize it
4th, apply bandage tightly (which didn't work, so we wrapped it in a paper towel and wrapped that with electrical tape)
There's nothing wrong with the way you treated it. I would KISS. Direct pressure to stop bleeding, then wrap in some sterile cling. Throw some neosporin on it the next day.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #1280
Resident Jackass

Fuck neosporin. That crap does more harm than good. Let it air dry unless you actually see it start to get infected.

But like he said, use gauze instead of paper towel. Then it won't stick to the wound.

Products Discussed in this Thread