Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Ask A Medic

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #1261
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Garbage bag, mop, and shovel all that shit to the end is generally what happens. We don't like to spray that crap everywhere in case we suddenly turn half a block into an HIV/Hep C containment zone.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #1262
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Garbage bag, mop, and shovel
Sounds like you gettin' ready to bury a body
Old 04-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #1263
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm...I don't wear gloves while using them.
haha, I would make it a habit of using gloves when you use sani wipes
Old 04-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #1264
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Sounds like you gettin' ready to bury a body
Wouldn't be the first time I've had a corpse in the back of my unit. I've also carried fingers/thumbs in my pockets on 2 separate occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
haha, I would make it a habit of using gloves when you use sani wipes
I've started to already, but I never used to.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #1265
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
when I worked at rural metro (I escaped) I worked with a guy who had to have a part of his pinky hacked off because of cancer. His Doc attributed it to the purple top Pdi sani wipes we used. (he used to not wear gloves when using them).
I guess Santa Clara County isn't satisfied with RM's response times. Tho it's just a small amount, word is if it happens again, RM's out.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #1266
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess Santa Clara County isn't satisfied with RM's response times. Tho it's just a small amount, word is if it happens again, RM's out.
Rural Metro sucks man....its the quintessential private ambulance. Saving money is held above all else (even safety and patient care).

Rural Metro recently took over 911 service for Sumter County, FL (used to be Lake/Sumter EMS...now they are just Lake EMS). And they are FUCKING UP.

They have TEN...yes TEN units for the WHOLE COUNTY (and that is what they have avail, I am sure they run less)...and its a very large and rural county, everything is very spread out....They promised 8 minute responses to get the contract, they are averaging much higher than that. They refuse to spend the money on putting more units on the road, and paid six figure fines due to not meeting the agreement in respect to response times.

I am so glad I got out of private EMS. I love my Job now....look forward to work every day.

I am not talking shit about ALL of rural metro...I am sure they have great operations throughout the country...but the central Florida operation SUCKS.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #1267

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
AMR was the provider prior to RM. Almost everyone from AMR xfered to RM so I'm pretty sure it's not the people. According to some comments from the execs, they've added more unit hours but they're blaming their failure on a higher call rates and more complex calls (longer time on calls). Hmm. Not sure why your reaction to that would be nothing until you are put on notice.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #1269
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 05-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #1271
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
here's a reminder to be careful around razor blades.
also, did i treat it right?
first thing we did was run the cut under cold water
2nd, apply pressure right below (heart side) the cut
3rd, antiscepticize it
4th, apply bandage tightly (which didn't work, so we wrapped it in a paper towel and wrapped that with electrical tape)
Attached Thumbnails
Ask A Medic-img_1967.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013, 01:15 AM   #1272

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
here's a reminder to be careful around razor blades.
also, did i treat it right?
first thing we did was run the cut under cold water
2nd, apply pressure right below (heart side) the cut
3rd, antiscepticize it
4th, apply bandage tightly (which didn't work, so we wrapped it in a paper towel and wrapped that with electrical tape)
There's nothing wrong with the way you treated it. I would KISS. Direct pressure to stop bleeding, then wrap in some sterile cling. Throw some neosporin on it the next day.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #1273
Resident Jackass

Fuck neosporin. That crap does more harm than good. Let it air dry unless you actually see it start to get infected.

But like he said, use gauze instead of paper towel. Then it won't stick to the wound.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #1274
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Any advice on road rash from a motorcycle accident?
Old 05-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #1275

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
What did you do?
Old 05-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #1276
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What did you do?
just wondering cuz its bound to happen one of these days
Old 05-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #1277
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What did you do?
got in an accident on his motorcycle....
Old 05-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #1278
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
but theres really not a whole lot you can do for abrasions... keep it clean and tough it out for a week or so
Old 05-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #1279

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge44 View Post
but theres really not a whole lot you can do for abrasions... keep it clean and tough it out for a week or so
Actually, a lot depends on the severity. Deep abrasions can be a lot like burns.

Which is to say you don't want them. The little ones; like falling off a skateboard, can be cleaned and dressed with Saran Wrap if you need to keep the spooge off your clothes (acts a bit like skin does). The deeper ones that come with motorcycle accidents can be deep and full of debris-this is the part where wearing gear (please tell me you don't ride in shorts and a wife beater) helps a lot because those will need to be cleaned in the ER and it will hurt like a m-fer.

I could rustle up some stories (pretty girls wearing short shorts who will probably not be wearing them anymore because of the scars the abrasions left) with pictures but I'd rather not. I'd just ask you to trust me on this one-you slide, it hurts.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #1280

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody work for Rural Metro? Found this in this morning's news.

RM was the low cost provider for Santa Clara County. Recall they had issues with response times not too long ago. Doesn't bode well for them that there are some questionable dealings with a former member of the Board of Supervisors either.

Products Discussed in this Thread