Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

helmet cams

Old 06-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
TENNESSEE VOL
burnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud of

Army: CPT (Public Affairs Officer) OEF 11-12, RC East
Name: Tucker
burnseason's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to burnseason
helmet cams

men, anyone know of a good brand of easily mountable helmet cams available online? id like to get one and that way, i can get video footage of missions me and platoon run here in afghanistan.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Gopro might be too big for your use.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Go Pro!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
TENNESSEE VOL
burnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud of

yea i think that would be hell on my neck.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #5
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
doubt it, they're pretty light..
Old 06-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnseason View Post
yea i think that would be hell on my neck.
They are really light. I said it might be too big because it might give away your position. You don't have to mount it to the top of your helmet though.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #8
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJZjGisRgvk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkSQQWs3FEQ
Old 06-06-2011, 04:20 AM   #9
Quad D will become famous soon enough
Army: 4ID 1BCT, CET/PSD 2tours
Name: Quad
Quad D's Tacoma Gallery
GoPro Hero Cam.....lots of mounting options with a little thought.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #10
Ipunchwalls will become famous soon enoughIpunchwalls will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
Ipunchwalls's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
ContourHD. I've used one forever and they give a better image than a GoPro.
Thanks for your service, btw!
agreed, the contourHD is a little sleeker too, trust me you wont be disappointed

if you've got the money, check out the contour+, its pretty amazing
Old 06-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #11
TENNESSEE VOL

i will check out both. thanks men.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:04 AM   #12
Banned
The only thing I don't like about the Contour HD is that you don't get the option of a screen to check the recording angle. Yes I can pay the 500 for the + but I can spend less on the GP.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #13
TENNESSEE VOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The only think I don't like about the Contour HD is that you don't get the option of a screen to check the recording angle. Yes I can pay the 500 for the + but I can spend less on the GP.

the go pro has some pretty stellar reviews... and for $300.. that more affordable. i just wonder if the camera will stay somewhat stationary when it locked in and on your head...
Old 06-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #14
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
There's also the new V.I.O., but that might be too expensive. Just used 3D GoPro setup on a Baja car this weekend and it got ripped off from the rough and tumble action. Good cameras but the design isn't sleek enough for certain applications. MySimon.com helps search for cheaper deals on electronics, amongst other things.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #15
Banned
Quote:
the go pro has some pretty stellar reviews... and for $300.. that more affordable. i just wonder if the camera will stay somewhat stationary when it locked in and on your head...
I would say yes. It sticks mountain bikers, moto riders, offroad vehicles and even a sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaEZZ...e_gdata_player
Old 06-07-2011, 12:40 AM   #16
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed, hopefully some cool operations footage will soon come.

Thank you for your service
Old 06-07-2011, 02:44 AM   #17
TENNESSEE VOL

i need to get one of these ASAP. my youtube channel will be far better with great footage from here in afghanistan.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #18
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
They are really light. I said it might be too big because it might give away your position. You don't have to mount it to the top of your helmet though.
x2 I have the go pro and I mount it to my bike and ski helmets. Sometimes forget its up there. It is an awesome camera though
Old 06-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #19
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes it does. I have hit numerous limbs hanging down while mountain biking, skiing, and it stays put skydiving as well.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:25 AM   #20
TENNESSEE VOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
yes it does. I have hit numerous limbs hanging down while mountain biking, skiing, and it stays put skydiving as well.
awesome! i cant wait to get it.. i told this girl i am talking to about this thing and she ordered it for me last night!!!! i should have it in about 3 weeks, right before i come home on R&R!!! might be filming some OTHER action i havent been anle to partake in for oh the past 6 months!