LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #25481
snow is awesome
VE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob II
VE7OSR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Yea. After some research I found that black widows don't like eucalyptus leaves.
And guess what I found in the back yard...a eucalyptus tree!!

Nor do they like 3m multipurpose adhesive. Think spidey web.
I've nailed these house centepedes in the garage from 10 ft or more.

good to know. My step-mom gives me a plant that keeps mosquitoes away. Too bad the plant doesn't survive me. I don't recall the name of the plant.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #25482
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VE7OSR View Post
*offence vs *offense Both spelling are correct. Canadian/British english vs US english I think.
We took your words, and fix the ones that needed....the others....we left alone.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #25483
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't Norway have similiar gun laws? I believe the largest mass killing was that Norwegian madman who killed over 80 people a few yrs back.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #25484
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
True enough. One example of a country where its citizens (ranked 4th in the world) are armed is Switzerland, yet the use of guns domestically in violence is as low as Canada.

http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the...re-that-works/
I'm convinced that if every gun in the U.S. magically disappeared, knife violence would skyrocket, along with rises in the use of other weapons. For too many, violence isn't a justified response, it's the only response.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:46 PM   #25485
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Legally, you probably would've been okay.

Ideally, no one would've felt the need to commit any violence over some bent tin.
One thing we were told over 20 years ago in the CWP class . The weapon is not a toy never pull it unless you are going to us it. I have never killed with it but if attacked I would empty it..
Old 02-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #25486
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Doesn't Norway have similiar gun laws? I believe the largest mass killing was that Norwegian madman who killed over 80 people a few yrs back.
Norway is England on guns.. The guy killed so many cuz the cops that were there had NO GUNS... to me
Old 02-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #25487
snow is awesome
VE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

VE7OSR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
This comment:

Carries a lot of weight. I cant help but think if we (US citizens) open carried as regularly, there wouldn't be near as much crime. However, the sight of a carried weapon seems to draw attention from people, and many automatically assume the person carrying to be a criminal, or other type of bad person.

Culturally there is less violence expressed in general, so Ding's perspective bears weight here as well. Also the reasoning behind the open carry is different. Swiss, as I understand it view the use of the weapon, not just as protecting their family, but protecting the country/community as a whole. Its focus has been brought about less about the individual, and more about the responsibility to the community.

As I understand your country's constitutional right, the intent was such that the government should be 'fearful' of its citizens, lest the govt become so corrupt that its citizens would forcefully evict them from governance. Again I see the intent, as less focused on the individual's right, and more on the protection of the community as a whole.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:53 PM   #25488
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Norway has fairly restrictive gun control laws (compared to the U.S.), which were in place before the spree killer did his thing. He was very careful about his target selection, as are most spree killers. They look for easy targets, kind of like playing a FPS on a Beginner difficulty level. Schools, churches, malls, etc.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #25489
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Culturally there is less violence expressed in general, so Ding's perspective bears weight here as well. Also the reasoning behind the open carry is different. Swiss, as I understand it view the use of the weapon, not just as protecting their family, but protecting the country/community as a whole. Its focus has been brought about less about the individual, and more about the responsibility to the community.

As I understand your country's constitutional right, the intent was such that the government should be 'fearful' of its citizens, lest the govt become so corrupt that its citizens would forcefully evict them from governance. Again I see the intent, as less focused on the individual's right, and more on the protection of the community as a whole.
BINGO
Old 02-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #25490
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
One thing we were told over 20 years ago in the CWP class . The weapon is not a toy never pull it unless you are going to us it. I have never killed with it but if attacked I would empty it..
I was taught the same and agree with your position.

Using your weapon otherwise is illegal and will/can result in a charge of brandishing. I know of a guy (was assigned to our squadron here) who was charged with it in Anchorage. Don't hold me to that term, but that is my recollection of the incident. And guy was kind of an idiot IMO.

Quote:

My understanding matches yours and I believe your interpretation of the intent to be correct. Unfortunately, many areas of our country have degraded to the point where many feel the need to have the means available to protect and defend themselves and their family.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #25491
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks ,I knew it anyway

No clear outline of This

Never said it was a bannable offense,,,but you got (offense) wrong

Yes you are right,, If I start down this road Im off TW

http://grammarist.com/spelling/offence-offense/
Old 02-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #25492
snow is awesome

VE7OSR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
I was taught the same and agree with your position.

Using your weapon otherwise is illegal and will/can result in a charge of brandishing. I know of a guy (was assigned to our squadron here) who was charged with it in Anchorage. Don't hold me to that term, but that is my recollection of the incident. And guy was kind of an idiot IMO.

My understanding matches yours and I believe your interpretation of the intent to be correct. Unfortunately, many areas of our country have degraded to the point where many feel the need to have the means available to protect and defend themselves and their family.

We used to play a games with airsoft guns in a burnt out forest field, parking along a forestry road to gain access. One duffus that showed up was doing just that - 'brandishing' along the side of the road as other cars went by. (in canada our airsoft do not have to have orange tips) I called him on it, 'cause if someone called the police, that event would be considered in the same light as a real weapon. Treat them as if they were real, when in the public view, not pointing them at folks. Geez the idiot, the last thing we needed was real guns pointed at us that could kill us.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #25493
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
This chat line is in the USA,,I rest my case with this, Offenseis the preferred spelling in the United States
Old 02-24-2014, 08:24 PM   #25494
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You had power?
They even have hot and cold buckets of water!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #25495
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This chat line is in the USA,,I rest my case with this, Offenseis the preferred spelling in the United States

I'm in Canada and us and the rest of the world spell it properly
Old 02-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #25496

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
They even have hot and cold buckets of water!

We ended up with 11" of wet snow
Old 02-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #25497
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm in Canada and us and the rest of the world spell it properly
do not
Old 02-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #25499
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Yup... That very lens took this shot on the D3100 body.

Hand-held (unbraced standing) 1/5th second
VR is amazing.

Products Discussed in this Thread