Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2014, 12:52 AM   #25521
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
I say we make them their own state and let them drink seawater
CA? definitely, just let me get out first.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:36 AM   #25522
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was was being courteous, don't mistake it for friendly, as for whatever bad info you have on what you think I did, I couldn't honestly care less, correcting your intel would be pointless and wouldn't change your mind anyways. I was being polite as for once you're not calling me names, so, in as much I would love to reciprocate, I promised Bob I wouldn't blow up the boards in which case if it doesn't make a difference to you then I will happily go back to ignoring you.
Hi,Before I take off for a morning of fishing ,,Let me just say..
Old 02-25-2014, 04:03 AM   #25523
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Good morning all. Early start today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Anything over 10 is good to go unless you're wanting to blow up for posters.
A 12mp is more than adequate for 8x10, and even does well on 16x20 posters.

You aren't going to get anything out of a consumer-level printer that 12mp is not enough for. You might want more if you are looking to do 24x36 posters maybe.

Megapixel ratings are more marketing than anything on any camera with the ability to accept quality zoom/telephoto lenses. On point-and-shoot bodies, sure... 20mp gives you enough to take advantage of the optical zoom (or better, just crop it in post) and still have a usable image.

Gary Fong shoots his cameras straight JPG, no RAW, and dials the resolution down a notch.
I was happy with 12mp from my old camera. The move to 16mp was one of the least important factors in deciding to upgrade.

I'm on the fence (or is it fense?) about RAW and JPG. Olympus has JPG processing nailed down, but since I do some post-processing anyway, I shoot RAW, too. For now, if I'm shooting something that I know people will be bothering me about getting the photos online, it's JPG. Otherwise, it's RAW. I can shoot JPG+RAW, but I have enough files to manage without doing that.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:27 AM   #25524
Rons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRons01TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ron
Rons01TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I'm convinced that if every gun in the U.S. magically disappeared, knife violence would skyrocket, along with rises in the use of other weapons. For too many, violence isn't a justified response, it's the only response.
I did a firearms/self defense paper in college once; and after researching and reading it basically comes down to this:

If a man gets it in his head to kill he will by any means possible whether it be by rock, stick, baseball bat, knife or gun.

Guns don't kill people; people kill people.

In self defense you don't know what you are dealing with, if the other person is on drugs, has pychological problems. The situation can be unpredictable.

I choose to be prepared. If my family and I go out somehwere and someone threatens me or my family either by gun or knife I will die trying to kill the other guys first. I carry, everyday almost everywhere. My wife used to not like it but she knows if it comes down to it I'm prepared.

Firearms responsibility really pisses me off, my kids know I own guns and they know I carry but when we are home they NEVER see them and they CANNOT access them. I hate it when I watch the news and kids die due their parent ignorance and most of the school shootings fall under this category.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:50 AM   #25525
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Hi,Before I take off for a morning of fishing ,,Let me just say..
Morning Jim, have a great day fishing!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:21 AM   #25526
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was was being courteous, don't mistake it for friendly, as for whatever bad info you have on what you think I did, I couldn't honestly care less, correcting your intel would be pointless and wouldn't change your mind anyways. I was being polite as for once you're not calling me names, so, in as much I would love to reciprocate, I promised Bob I wouldn't blow up the boards in which case if it doesn't make a difference to you then I will happily go back to ignoring you.
Bad intel.? do you want me to post the message sent on another website regarding you wanting to file stalking charges against me?
Old 02-25-2014, 05:35 AM   #25527
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Time for an OZ break.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:50 AM   #25528
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Time for an OZ break.
Hold that door, Ding I'm right behind you. *nice pun, huh?
Old 02-25-2014, 06:18 AM   #25529
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MACS(SW) ret
Name: Shawn
14TACO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Ladies and gents... I bid you good day.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:39 AM   #25530
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Can't we all get along?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #25531
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14TACO4X4 View Post
Ladies and gents... I bid you good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchop View Post
Can't we all get along?
Morning chop
Ill take a wild stab at this and say , no.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:52 AM   #25532
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can't we all get along?
Hiya PorkChop!

Quote:

Morning chop
Ill take a wild stab at this and say , no.

EDIT: Catch anything?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:08 AM   #25533
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Morning Jim, Rob III
Old 02-25-2014, 08:18 AM   #25534
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
Hiya PorkChop!

EDIT: Catch anything?
Got to catch a killer sunrise on the lake but not a dam thing for the frying pan. The high speed run back to the dock was fun

Quote:
Morning Jim, Rob III
sup Bud? Getting any wave time in?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:40 AM   #25535

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sup Bud? Getting any wave time in?
Thats all I have been doing. My feet are so cut up from rocks, barnacles and sea urchins I am having a hard time walking around my job site! I had to take a day off yesterday just to let them try and heal some.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #25536
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Thats all I have been doing. My feet are so cut up from rocks, barnacles and sea urchins I am having a hard time walking around my job site! I had to take a day off yesterday just to let them try and heal some.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #25537

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No booties. Your gay if you wear booties. The water has to be super frigid for that.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #25538
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No booties. Your gay if you wear booties. The water has to be super frigid for that.
You're pretty silly hobbling around with infected feet on a job site because you are too stupid to let common sense prevail over worrying about what some punk ass surfers think about you.

And *you're.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #25540
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VE7OSR View Post
- created this place of for future reference.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ml#post8259043
this should get interesting

Products Discussed in this Thread