Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #25541
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
CA? definitely, just let me get out first.
LA County.

You're safe
Old 02-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #25542
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Good morning all. Early start today.

I was happy with 12mp from my old camera. The move to 16mp was one of the least important factors in deciding to upgrade.

I'm on the fence (or is it fense?) about RAW and JPG. Olympus has JPG processing nailed down, but since I do some post-processing anyway, I shoot RAW, too. For now, if I'm shooting something that I know people will be bothering me about getting the photos online, it's JPG. Otherwise, it's RAW. I can shoot JPG+RAW, but I have enough files to manage without doing that.
I just started saving RAW+JPG, but haven't really done much with RAW.
I just installed Lightroom 5 last night, messed with one of my observatory pics and was pleased with how it brought the detail out of the shadows. Then I continued slamming sliders around seeing how bad I could fuck it up....

Original (direct JPG, no post):

Today's fun....

Just noticed it is not the same image... the two were taken just a few minutes apart with similar settings.
Both are ISO 400, f/4. The top one is 1/5 sec and the bottom one is 1/6 sec.
Attached Thumbnails
The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.-edit_test.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #25543
Badger of Death
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't look the same without a Zeppelin overhead.

I've been with Lightroom for a few years. It does enough to meet my needs, and I think the upgrades are reasonably priced. I wish it ran faster, but it's old enough that I can't blame that on Lr. I need to spend some time relearning some things for v5.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:22 PM   #25544
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VE7OSR View Post
Hi Dave, enjoying the snow that finally arrived?
I don't mind the snow it is the cold I can do without. Kind of looking forward to spring. However I believe we are getting another dump this Thursday and Friday. I am driving in that weather from Calgary to Banff and back so hopefully the roads are not to bad. Slow and steady.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:13 AM   #25545
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14TACO4X4 View Post
God bless the internet... where a 44 year old man can learn new words like herp and derp while he's looking around to learn about his new truck.

Morning ,, Thats from the kids, Only a few of the older ones use that stuff.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:22 AM   #25546
Badger of Death
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Good morning all.

Pity the children in the winter wasteland, for Toyota has forsaken them.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #25547
attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna be a gnarly drive to work this morning , the beginning of our snow melt froze up last night
Old 02-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #25548
Badger of Death

Dude, be careful! Your frame is probably rusted out from all of the ice buildup around the front cab mount!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #25549
Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good morning all.

Haha... I almost hit a rabbit on the way home this morning. Made me think of that scene.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #25550
'interfering with Darwin since 1990'
VE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob II
VE7OSR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude, be careful! Your frame is probably rusted out from all of the ice buildup around the front cab mount!
Quote:
Good morning all.

yup, you can offer the kids the cause, even the solution, but that's not what they want to hear. You were supposed to share in their misery, and commiserate how its some one else's fault for allowing such a travesty of nature to occur in the first place!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:39 AM   #25552
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Made it

That's a lot of snow.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #25553
attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
That's a lot of snow.

It was about 6" taller yesterday before it started to melt and compress
Old 02-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #25554

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
It was about 6" taller yesterday before it started to melt and compress
I wish we would get that here. Very seldom do we ever get that. It's always ice. Course you had to basically drive on ice today due to the refreeze last night.

Last time it did something like that here was well over a year ago.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #25555

Time to see what the fuss is about.

First impression.... It's a lot smaller than I remember it being in the store.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #25556
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Time to see what the fuss is about.

First impression.... It's a lot smaller than I remember it being in the store.

\/\/\/\/\/
Attached Thumbnails
The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.-truck-ranger.jpeg   The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.-ranger-trailer.jpeg   The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.-ranger-side.jpeg  
Old 02-26-2014, 01:14 PM   #25557

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post

\/\/\/\/\/
Is that new?
Old 02-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #25558

So while the camera is charging I put the mount on the windshield where it will be most of the time while filming off road. I would NEVER put this mount on a body panel. I honestly think you could pull dents with this. That said.... I do not trust suction mounts so I will run a tether with paracord into the cab just in case it gets knocked off.

Second impression: There are so many options with this camera I can understand now why they have the market cornered. It is a pretty cool system with unlimited options.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #25559

Actual size of the camera charging next to a Xbox 360 controller.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #25560
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that new?
New to me. 2009 Polaris Ranger 6x6 ... Brought it home this morning.

Products Discussed in this Thread