Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2014, 03:43 AM   #35241
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post

Made my decision. Ordering today. Can't take it anymore.

Missed that whilst I was fishing ... extremely cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchop View Post
Havent surfed in 3 weeks

This dipshit guy, man, there are no words.

... keep the fucking meeting to under an hour ...
FUCK I HATE THIS GUY
W T F ... WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROT (over)

Go Surf! PERIOD

Back in a previous life (active duty C2 Superintendent days) I used to drill the 1 hour meeting rule into my Commanders (the good ones who would listen--fuck the ones who wouldn't *can't fix stupid). My favourite commander ever (in 26 years) came back up here from Illinois to do my retirement ceremony. I have the video of it; at the end when we are lining up for the retirement order to be read, I looked at my watch and whispered to him "59 minutes--perfect Sir."

It's a nice memory.

Just catching up on what I missed during my fishing trip.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:28 AM   #35242
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Morning all
Old 06-14-2014, 05:31 AM   #35243
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Good morning all.

Off to set the shelter. Dad's getting his Father's Day gift a day early. I noticed his main extension cord is getting pretty chewed up, so I bought him a 100' 12 gauge replacement. I was going to buy a 50' one until I saw that a 100' one was only $20 more. I'll use it today with the hammer drill and hang it in his truck, no wrapping or card required.

Now I just have to come up with an excuse to avoid a family trip to my FIL's house for mandatory fun. I like him, but I could pass on nearly everyone else involved. I'm sure the feeling is mutual on all counts.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #35244
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Good morning all.

Off to set the shelter. Dad's getting his Father's Day gift a day early. I noticed his main extension cord is getting pretty chewed up, so I bought him a 100' 12 gauge replacement. I was going to buy a 50' one until I saw that a 100' one was only $20 more. I'll use it today with the hammer drill and hang it in his truck, no wrapping or card required.

Now I just have to come up with an excuse to avoid a family trip to my FIL's house for mandatory fun. I like him, but I could pass on nearly everyone else involved. I'm sure the feeling is mutual on all counts.
That's cool.
There's in laws and outlaws.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:40 AM   #35245
dont tread on me!

My stepkids gave me a set of throwing knives last night since they're going to their dads today.
Moonshine and throwing knives. Don't know how to act.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:48 AM   #35246
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Good Morning.

Ding, I like your style on the gift to your Dad; and most other things for that matter.

Kevin, Cool looking set of knives.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:02 AM   #35247
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
No sleep....

Morning all
Old 06-14-2014, 07:07 AM   #35248
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Morning Britt!

Howdy folks! And Happy Fathers day to you Dads in here!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #35249
dont tread on me!

Happy fathers day! Or weekend.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:14 AM   #35250
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
Happy fathers day! Or weekend.
Yeah, I keep forgetting its actually tomorrow. Going to see my Pop today
Old 06-14-2014, 07:21 AM   #35251
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Enjoy the visit Chris, say hi to pops for me!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #35252

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Will DO Dave!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:28 AM   #35253
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Morning Britt!

Howdy folks! And Happy Fathers day to you Dads in here!
Shit.... Forgot all about that.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:32 AM   #35254

For your viewing pleasure
Old 06-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #35255
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good morning all.

Get some of these , well worth it

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43456,43460
Old 06-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #35256
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No sleep....

Morning all
Sorry man ... Mornin'

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
x2

Quote:
Old 06-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #35257
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dad reminded me I bought a new carburetor for his tiller for an early Father's Day gift, so the cord became an early birthday gift. Iirc, an extension cord is the approved gift for a 70 year old, so it all worked out. Shelter work went quick, and we beat some rain. I'd like to mow before the next round, but I already know that won't be approved. "They're waiting on us!"
Quote:
I saw that. WTF, brakes aren't based on magic. It's easy to make improvements WRT stopping power and pedal feel. Beyond that, it's a truck, not a car. I doubt most of the brake problems bitched about are actually much of a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Dad prefers to double the cord on itself, coil it from the plug ends, wrap the loop end around the coil a few times, and put the loop through the top "eye" of the coil for hanging. This is a man that refuses to get rid of his crappy flip phone, and is visibly afraid of computers. Those straps would be wasted on him, but I may order a few.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #35258
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Dad prefers to double the cord on itself, coil it from the plug ends, wrap the loop end around the coil a few times, and put the loop through the top "eye" of the coil for hanging. This is a man that refuses to get rid of his crappy flip phone, and is visibly afraid of computers. Those straps would be wasted on him, but I may order a few.

Tying cords like that breaks the conductors and puts a kink memory in them , but you can't teach an old dog new tricks , my dad does the same shit
Old 06-14-2014, 10:48 AM   #35259

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Tying cords like that breaks the conductors and puts a kink memory in them , but you can't teach an old dog new tricks , my dad does the same shit
Funny you should mention that. In addition to all of the other nicks in the plenum, the old cord is split right in the middle.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #35260
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread