Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #41821
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
There's a Mexican place like that in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. Called Del Sol they have a dish called Parilla Chicken. Omg! It's amazing. I look forward to going hunting every year just to eat there. A pitcher of beer is $5 to go with it.
Is that like 20 miles or so east of little rock off interstate. That may be where we stopped coming back from Virginia.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #41822
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post

That's good. The best places are found that way. Kinda like when we stayed overniggt right before east side of little rock. About 20 miles or so. Cant think of the 1 light town right now. I pulled open the curtain on 2nd floor and see a McDonalds on the left and a waffle house on the riggt. Fuk the clown we walked around a small strip to see waffle house out of business. But we see theres a little mex dive. I fought my wife to get her in . The special was carne asada with nopales. Damn. I thought I was across the border. Presentation was first. The asada was sliced long and thin along with the nopales. And grilled together.
My wife asked about if they had fresh salsa and avocados.
Waiter returned with stone grinding bowl with fresh chopped onions and tomatoes and spices and peeled the avocados at table. That was fresh. I miss that place.
Im a tough one to please with Mexican food. My God parents were from Mexico, and my God Mother was a cross between McGuyver, and Chef Ramsey. You could give her a half bag of flower, milk, and 4 table spoons of water, and she makes a fucking enchilada out of it. Meanwhile, you give my Mom a frozen Pot Pie, and bread, and she would make botulism, and fill the house with so much smoke, that I would be picking bread buggers out of my nose for a week. Seriously. My Mom made food the fucking dogs wouldn't eat. My Dad ate that shit with a fucking smile on his face. I never understood how the man did it, but one night, while watching TV, my Dad said "I think I want a snack......I wonder if there is any leftovers from dinner..". I dint think much of it, but I swear, out of the corner of my eye, I saw him lean over, grab the TV guide, and eat it. he may have thought it was a fucking sammich my Mom made......
Old 08-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #41824
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Im a tough one to please with Mexican food. My God parents were from Mexico, and my God Mother was a cross between McGuyver, and Chef Ramsey. You could give her a half bag of flower, milk, and 4 table spoons of water, and she makes a fucking enchilada out of it. Meanwhile, you give my Mom a frozen Pot Pie, and bread, and she would make botulism, and fill the house with so much smoke, that I would be picking bread buggers out of my nose for a week. Seriously. My Mom made food the fucking dogs wouldn't eat. My Dad ate that shit with a fucking smile on his face. I never understood how the man did it, but one night, while watching TV, my Dad said "I think I want a snack......I wonder if there is any leftovers from dinner..". I dint think much of it, but I swear, out of the corner of my eye, I saw him lean over, grab the TV guide, and eat it. he may have thought it was a fucking sammich my Mom made......

Damn thats good. I needed that.
Kinda sounds like my wife at times
Old 08-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #41825
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Damn thats good. I needed that.
Kinda sounds like my wife at times
Im not even exaggerating. The last family meal my Mom made was a thanksgiving dinner. We had all our family in from out of state. The dinner was ready, and she called us to eat. The food looked fucking fantastic. Seriously. This shit looked like it came right out of a movie. All of us were looking it at with this face:

Then......the moment of truth came. I grabbed a dinner roll, and the fucking knife wouldn't cut it. It made that "TING!" sound, as I was beating the roll with my knife, fork, whatever would break thru the fucking thing. My Dad got out the electric "knife". I use quotes, 'cause this thing would chop thru a wall. All the knife did was throw small, dry, hard, chunks of turkey over the table. As my brother and I were STILL trying to break into the fucking dinner rolls, I was trying to stab mine with a fork now, thinking that the sharper point would help me gain access into it, in hopes of something edible being inside. My Dad, frustrated with the turkey shards going everywhere, said "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?". I told him "Im trying to break into the dinner roll". My brother, at this point, was now smashing his into the table, trying to get it to break. My Mom said, "Look....if you don't like it, don't eat it", :shrug: cool with us. I held my roll up, like I was going to throw a tennis ball to the dog, and the dog alerted to my actions, and got ready to run after it. I threw it, and the dog shot after it. A few seconds later, the dog comes running up, dinner roll in mouth, drops it at my feet, and backs up, waiting for me to throw it again. I said "Mom.......The dog thinks the roll is a ball.....". Everyone looked at the dog. My Mom said "FINE!...If you guys don't like my cooking, this is the last time I make a dinner on a holiday". Everyone started clapping....except my Dad......he was using the electric knife on his dinner roll now.......EVER SINCE, when a holiday comes along, family comes in from out of state, and we find a nice restaurant to eat at.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:27 PM   #41826
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Im not even exaggerating. The last family meal my Mom made was a thanksgiving dinner. We had all our family in from out of state. The dinner was ready, and she called us to eat. The food looked fucking fantastic. Seriously. This shit looked like it came right out of a movie. All of us were looking it at with this face:

Then......the moment of truth came. I grabbed a dinner roll, and the fucking knife wouldn't cut it. It made that "TING!" sound, as I was beating the roll with my knife, fork, whatever would break thru the fucking thing. My Dad got out the electric "knife". I use quotes, 'cause this thing would chop thru a wall. All the knife did was throw small, dry, hard, chunks of turkey over the table. As my brother and I were STILL trying to break into the fucking dinner rolls, I was trying to stab mine with a fork now, thinking that the sharper point would help me gain access into it, in hopes of something edible being inside. My Dad, frustrated with the turkey shards going everywhere, said "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?". I told him "Im trying to break into the dinner roll". My brother, at this point, was now smashing his into the table, trying to get it to break. My Mom said, "Look....if you don't like it, don't eat it", :shrug: cool with us. I held my roll up, like I was going to throw a tennis ball to the dog, and the dog alerted to my actions, and got ready to run after it. I threw it, and the dog shot after it. A few seconds later, the dog comes running up, dinner roll in mouth, drops it at my feet, and backs up, waiting for me to throw it again. I said "Mom.......The dog thinks the roll is a ball.....". Everyone looked at the dog. My Mom said "FINE!...If you guys don't like my cooking, this is the last time I make a dinner on a holiday". Everyone started clapping....except my Dad......he was using the electric knife on his dinner roll now.......EVER SINCE, when a holiday comes along, family comes in from out of state, and we find a nice restaurant to eat at.
Damn thats good shit man! You must've been a little on the thin side?
Old 08-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #41827
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-16-2014, 10:31 PM   #41828
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

F U KTM!
I've been trying to get this damn oil jet out of my motorcycle since I got it in 2009!
Old 08-16-2014, 10:33 PM   #41829
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see it runs in the family.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #41830
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

OMFG I was in tears reading that shit. Awesome! lmao!!!
Old 08-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #41831
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
F U KTM!
I've been trying to get this damn oil jet out of my motorcycle since I got it in 2009!
Undersized? Plugged?
Old 08-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #41832

Quote:
Damn thats good shit man! You must've been a little on the thin side?
A little? I was about 120# my senior year in high school. When I moved out, my refrigerator inventory consisted of Totinos Party Pizzas, Mustard (not sure why, just always seemed to have a fucking mustard bottle in my frige), bread, butter, and beer. When I met Julie, she wanted to come over and have dinner at my place. I asked her what she wanted, and she asked "Whatcha got?". I said "I have Totinos Party Pizzas". She said "Never heard of those, what else?". I said "Bread.......and mustard...". She asked why that was all I had, so I had to explain the whole lack of cooking skillz my family has. After literally catching 2 taosters on fire, and the stove top, she has stopped questioning, and only does the cooking. I make coffee.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #41833
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that like 20 miles or so east of little rock off interstate. That may be where we stopped coming back from Virginia.
About 40 miles southeast of Little Rock
Old 08-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #41834
I feel so Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Undersized? Plugged?
it's supposed to come out every other oil change to be cleaned but I could never get the damn thing to budge with the engine in the bike. finally was able to get it with the engine out.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #41835
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
it's supposed to come out every other oil change to be cleaned but I could never get the damn thing to budge with the engine in the bike. finally was able to get it with the engine out.
That doesn't sound very user friendly. Any tips from the shop on how they deal with removal for oil changes, or is it usually not a problem on most engines?
Old 08-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #41836
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
About 40 miles southeast of Little Rock
In the middle of nowhere.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #41837
Backdoor Commentator

What's a good coating for my bed platform? I've been thinking bedliner or some of that deck renew stuff. I want something to protect it from whatever moisture it'll eventually see, and something durable to deal with things sliding over it. It'll get carpet on top, but I still want to weatherproof the wood.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #41838
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
In the middle of the arm pit of the state.
FIFY

Believe me.... You do not want to go there.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:44 PM   #41839
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
FIFY

Believe me.... You do not want to go there.
Based on my limited experience, you didn't narrow it down much.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:44 PM   #41840

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Based on my limited experience, you didn't narrow it down much.
Lol very true

Products Discussed in this Thread