Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #41821
Son of MD
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Ghostnados are no joke.
Get off your thumb and mow.

Finally ordered my torque wrench. I've missed having one that size a few times already.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #41822
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Ghostnados are no joke.
Get off your thumb and mow.

Finally ordered my torque wrench. I've missed having one that size a few times already.
Yeah, the only one I don't have is a 1/4", but Im not thinking you really need one unless you use it for a living. 3/8 and 1/2 have dam near everything covered.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #41823
Son of MD
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Yeah, the only one I don't have is a 1/4", but Im not thinking you really need one unless you use it for a living. 3/8 and 1/2 have dam near everything covered.
I've got a baby 3/8" clicker in inch.pounds, but it doesn't cover oil pan drain bolts, and my 1/2" won't go low enough for stuff like that. 20-100 lb.ft with a 3/8" flex head, high accuracy, and easy calibration will be perfect.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #41824
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I've got a baby 3/8" clicker in inch.pounds, but it doesn't cover oil pan drain bolts, and my 1/2" won't go low enough for stuff like that. 20-100 lb.ft with a 3/8" flex head, high accuracy, and easy calibration will be perfect.
What do you mean, it wont cover the bolts?
Old 08-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #41825
Son of MD

Quote:
What do you mean, it wont cover the bolts?
The torque ranges of the two wrenches I currently have don't cover 28 ft.lbs, or whatever the typical oil pan drain bolt requires. My old 'Lectro-Craftsman covered 20-100 ft.lbs, but it started displaying garbage, so I couldn't rely on it. The new one will bridge the two nicely.

Yard work is done.
Moving on to bed tent construction.

People keep asking me when I'm leaving for CO. While I'd rather be in the mountains, I'm knocking out some projects, and I get a lot of satisfaction from making headway on my plans. I know all of you get that. I've noticed that the people that don't understand are also the ones that don't have any projects to complete because they don't know how to do anything.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #41826
Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters. Haz Mat Chem Tech / Paramedic
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Well, that wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Storms North of us drawing cool air in and a pretty strong breeze.

Daughters first day of school tomorrow and was going to ride the bikes when I drop her off but I think I'm gonna let my hand heal 2 more days. I at least need to show up to work once this summer. Plus my LEDs are coming in tomorrow and I've got to sign for them.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:51 PM   #41827

Quote:
The torque ranges of the two wrenches I currently have don't cover 28 ft.lbs, or whatever the typical oil pan drain bolt requires. My old 'Lectro-Craftsman covered 20-100 ft.lbs, but it started displaying garbage, so I couldn't rely on it. The new one will bridge the two nicely..
10-4. I like to have a decent overlap between torque wrenches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
Well, that wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Storms North of us drawing cool air in and a pretty strong breeze.

Daughters first day of school tomorrow and was going to ride the bikes when I drop her off but I think I'm gonna let my hand heal 2 more days. I at least need to show up to work once this summer. Plus my LEDs are coming in tomorrow and I've got to sign for them.
LOL!!
Old 08-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #41828
Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters. Haz Mat Chem Tech / Paramedic
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL!!
Shut up
Old 08-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #41829

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
Shut up
You could have a career ending injury.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k51jG7u0Tcs
Old 08-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #41830
Not one of the 10,000 Baja Edition Elite Guard
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Glitterdick
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
After a year, can finally work on the truck in the garage.
Finally. Going to fix my door stay. Oil and stuff will need to wait until my right elbow is less fucked.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #41831
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finally. Going to fix my door stay. Oil and stuff will need to wait until my right elbow is less fucked.
So Dick, bring me up to speed, what was/is up with you're elbow ??
Old 08-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #41832

Quote:
Is it feeling any better?
Old 08-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #41833
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
So Dick, bring me up to speed, what was/is up with you're elbow ??
Quote:
Is it feeling any better?
Still trying to figure it out. Still don't have full flexion or extension, seems to be tricep tendons mashing a nerve just behind my elbow. Worked out a ton of knots, trigger points to try to get it to relax. Xray results Mon or Tues.

Tight in morning. Lossens up a bit during the day.
Don't quite know yet.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #41835
Son of MD

Quote:
Still trying to figure it out. Still don't have full flexion or extension, seems to be tricep tendons mashing a nerve just behind my elbow. Worked out a ton of knots, trigger points to try to get it to relax. Xray results Mon or Tues.

Tight in morning. Lossens up a bit during the day.
Don't quite know yet.
X-rays? I figured they'd be looking more at soft tissue problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Extreme old age would be my guess
Old 08-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #41836
Son of MD

Quote:
I know the arm is screwed up, but having at least a little room to work has to feel good. I've done plenty of work in a driveway or parking lot. Generally, it sucks.

I think I've got the Softopper + Tent figured out. 1/2" PVC U-frame, tied into the platform should replicate a hard shell's rear window. Now I just have to make it.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #41837
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is there such a thing as Asshole-Elbow ya think?

I'm kidding of course Scott-he's-a-dick
Don't get you toque in a bunch.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:36 PM   #41838
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Damn thread killer jones...

and F U KTM part II....

Cam chain needle bearing thing. Supposed to come out like this....

mine...

bastardo!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #41839

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA? I'M SICK OF IT! But I did shit several mastodons this morning. Those tusks hurt if they come out the wrong way.
Quote:
X-rays? I figured they'd be looking more at soft tissue problems.

Doctors are idiots? Ran through the standard tests for tennis elbow, etc., and my symptoms flummoxed him, so he referred me to Xray and prescribed Norco, because Ibuprofen and ice did nothing. I have not taken any Norco yet.

My PT dude found ridiculous trigger points in my triceps and biceps and worked several of those out, and it may have helped, but shit is just weird now. Feelings/symptoms change throughout the day. I'll be going back to him, and have Xray results Mon. or Tues, and maybe if those show nothing, they'll escalate MRI.
Quote:
I know the arm is screwed up, but having at least a little room to work has to feel good. I've done plenty of work in a driveway or parking lot. Generally, it sucks.

It feels great.
I think I've got the Softopper + Tent figured out. 1/2" PVC U-frame, tied into the platform should replicate a hard shell's rear window. Now I just have to make it.
I really don't have a driveway now, just an apron to the alley. At the old place, I did nearly all my work in the very long driveway, including the suspension upgrade. It was OK because it was nearly level , but the sun and heat were brutal. Morning or evening work only in summer.

Interested to see how your contraption works out.

Products Discussed in this Thread