Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #7461
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, easiest would be just roll Embarcadaro and if I have to I can meet you at Folsom. What time? If your early enough I can give you guys tour of a the job, if not, fucking bring a six pack for the ride Or I can get one at the corner store.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #7462
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
Yep, easiest would be just roll Embarcadaro and if I have to I can meet you at Folsom. What time? If your early enough I can give you guys tour of a the job, if not, fucking bring a six pack for the ride Or I can get one at the corner store.
Negative on the brew for the ride, tags are fresh expired Probably quarter to 5 at the latest i hope.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #7463
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
I'll head home at 4ish so the whip is at my place for an early departure, it will be closer to you anyhow, might be faster to take the Richmond bridge anyhow.

I'll text you my address.

Night fellas.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #7464
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
I'll head home at 4ish so the whip is at my place for an early departure, it will be closer to you anyhow, might be faster to take the Richmond bridge anyhow.

I'll text you my address.

Night fellas.
Later rob
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #7465

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Addy sent via text
Old 03-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #7466
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations to Professor OZ for illuminating a confused mind about the definitions of over and understeer. I'm amazed you finally snapped him out of that fog.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #7467
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Congratulations to Professor OZ for illuminating a confused mind about the definitions of over and understeer. I'm amazed you finally snapped him out of that fog.

Someone actually changed their mind as the result of an internet argument?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #7468
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Only took 10 pages

Oh , and Rich , you are were quoted by the guy as an example of people that don't know shit

True story
Old 03-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #7469
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Only took 10 pages

Oh , and Rich , you are were quoted by the guy as an example of people that don't know shit

True story
I was there. Saw the whole thing.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #7470
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Only took 10 pages

In a thread I didn't even participate in?

That figures. There's a few on here that are jealous of the fact that was turning wrenches on my own vehicles 20 years before they learned to wipe their own ass.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #7471
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
In a thread I didn't even participate in?

That figures. There's a few on here that are jealous of the fact that was turning wrenches on my own vehicles 20 years before they learned to wipe their own ass.
Oh , it wasn't that dork

Hang on
Old 03-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #7473

Quote:
Oh , it wasn't that dork

Hang on
I had some run-ins with MF a while back.

But I'm not sure he actually found my quote, as I said "face" and "ass" and didn't say anything about HP/Torque.

But I do like that quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #7474
Backdoor Commentator

The Hammond quote is also good. I remember seeing him saying that during a track segment.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #7475

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had some run-ins with MF a while back.

But I'm not sure he actually found my quote, as I said "face" and "ass" and didn't say anything about HP/Torque.

But I do like that quote
oh , my bad , I thought that was yours

Did you see the video I posted to shut him up about how nobody especially in racing uses the term understeer when referring to RWD vehicles , lol
Old 03-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #7476

Quote:

Did you see the video I posted to shut him up about how nobody especially in racing uses the term understeer when referring to RWD vehicles , lol
They don't?

I do hear the term "push" or "slid out"... but I used to hear understeer all the time.

My first real understanding of it was figuring out why the '70+ Camaro handled better than the 1st Gen... front end geometry on the 1st Gen caused compression oversteer... as the a-arm bushings compressed, it tightened the angle, diving in, the driver's correction unloaded the bushings so the car overcorrected... getting through a corner at the limits of the car's ability was a series of constant back and forth on the wheel.

The 2nd gen moved the steering box so the Pittman arm was mounted 180.
Bushing compression caused understeer, so getting through the corner was simply a matter of dialing in more wheel as the bushings compressed.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #7477
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
They don't?

I do hear the term "push" or "slid out"... but I used to hear understeer all the time.

My first real understanding of it was figuring out why the '70+ Camaro handled better than the 1st Gen... front end geometry on the 1st Gen caused compression oversteer... as the a-arm bushings compressed, it tightened the angle, diving in, the driver's correction unloaded the bushings so the car overcorrected... getting through a corner at the limits of the car's ability was a series of constant back and forth on the wheel.

The 2nd gen moved the steering box so the Pittman arm was mounted 180.
Bushing compression caused understeer, so getting through the corner was simply a matter of dialing in more wheel as the bushings compressed.
A few hours ago, MF would've disagreed with your use of "understeer". In his (former) opinion, RWD vehicles only oversteer, and FWD vehicles only understeer.

Really.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #7478

Quote:
LOL!!!!!!!!

The thought just occurred to me.... Nobody is going to call you out on it.

You said "Rich"... the comment was made by Richard Hammond.
Everyone knows you're into F1... they might think you're on a casual basis with the Top Gear cast.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #7479
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
LOL!!!!!!!!

The thought just occurred to me.... Nobody is going to call you out on it.

You said "Rich"... the comment was made by Richard Hammond.
Everyone knows you're into F1... they might think you're on a casual basis with the Top Gear cast.
Pete does have a lot of pull.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #7480
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Soooo, I just turned 39. I'll be here soon. Hows it feel?

Products Discussed in this Thread