Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #8421
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
Not allowed to take pics at my job.....they say it's top secret stuff.
Same.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #8422
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
See y'all in a few months....40 is looming in June.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #8423
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
So since I have been dealing with fam for the last 4 days I havent had a chance to post, but the other day, Friday to be exact, I am rushing out of work to get to my brothers to finish the small step deck. I am backing out of my parking space looking in the drivers side mirror, as I scan over to the passenger side to make sure Stew isnt in the drive (our pet rabbit on the job site) I glance at the rear view and see a big grey GMC.....FUCK!!!!!! Slam on the brakes and get stopped....then WHAM.....one of my framing foremen is backing out and he is looking in his passenger side mirror and doesnt see me....we meet up bumper to bumper. I throw it in park and am like what the fuck now, thinking I got another ding in the taco, (Chris saw the last one, that happened when it was parked in the driver side fender all the way at the top ????) anyhow, I get out and see what happened. Mine is fine, I was looking for the damage and was like "So did we actually hit?" He's like, Yeah, bumper to bumper and I am looking for where, he points it out and what a relief, I have a ball peen dent in the strongest point of the bumper. I turn around and look at his full size truck, he hit with the corner, totally taco'd the thing and it buckled and tweaked out his driver rear quarter panel.....next day, I had 4 guys come up to me and say "Fuck dude your truck took down a full size GMC
I plan on getting a plate steel bumper back there anyhow so no worries.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #8424
Me mber
chris5255 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
chris5255's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
all my best work gets buried

When my guy does awesome excavations like these, perfect right angles, nice wide trenches straight as an arrow, then I can drop pipe like this.

I stubbed everything up to the turf area as we're going to till the crap out of it Monday and Tuesday, everything labeled and ready.

pipes from the valves heading out, i like em nice, straight and relaxed.

Details of the plumbing to line up the pipes in the outgoing trenches

[img]http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/medium
/IMG00288-20130419-1238.jpg[/img]
Nice work.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #8425
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
So since I have been dealing with fam for the last 4 days I havent had a chance to post, but the other day, Friday to be exact, I am rushing out of work to get to my brothers to finish the small step deck. I am backing out of my parking space looking in the drivers side mirror, as I scan over to the passenger side to make sure Stew isnt in the drive (our pet rabbit on the job site) I glance at the rear view and see a big grey GMC.....FUCK!!!!!! Slam on the brakes and get stopped....then WHAM.....one of my framing foremen is backing out and he is looking in his passenger side mirror and doesnt see me....we meet up bumper to bumper. I throw it in park and am like what the fuck now, thinking I got another ding in the taco, (Chris saw the last one, that happened when it was parked in the driver side fender all the way at the top ????) anyhow, I get out and see what happened. Mine is fine, I was looking for the damage and was like "So did we actually hit?" He's like, Yeah, bumper to bumper and I am looking for where, he points it out and what a relief, I have a ball peen dent in the strongest point of the bumper. I turn around and look at his full size truck, he hit with the corner, totally taco'd the thing and it buckled and tweaked out his driver rear quarter panel.....next day, I had 4 guys come up to me and say "Fuck dude your truck took down a full size GMC
I avoid backing as much as possible, even with a back up camera. There are still too many ways for it to go bad. Iirc, Nissan has a 360° camera system available on some models. I haven't tried one, but that seems like a good idea for vehicles with large blind spots. The FJ comes to mind.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #8426
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lololololol! These trucks are stouter than people think

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5255 View Post
Nice work.
Thanks
Old 04-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #8427
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommehK View Post

We'll toss out the welcome mat when you get here
Old 04-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #8428
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Sorry to hear that,its all downhill from there
Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #8429
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
Sorry to hear that,its all downhill from there
I'm acting more like 21 now than when I really was 21...lol I'll take on 40+ kicking & screaming!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #8430
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm acting more like 21 now than when I really was 21...lol I'll take on 40+ kicking & screaming!
That's the attitude! I know I'm no where near acting my age of 47
Old 04-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #8431
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
That's the attitude! I know I'm no where near acting my age of 47
Nope, with all your griping about aches and pains your acting more like your 70

Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #8432
dont tread on me!

Quote:

rotfl:
Plumbing is Hell on this 70 yo body but not my immature mind
Old 04-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #8433

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
LOl
Old 04-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #8434
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
hot tub
Old 04-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #8435
Banned
Quote:
Dammed skippy kiddo! Now that i'm in my 40's, my looks suit my attitude, which is fine with me, ask anyone who knows me, I'm one of the nicest dudes you'll ever meet but I can look like I want to kill yer pets and eat your children if it's needed or even if only to make myself laugh.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #8436
Backdoor Commentator

Looking like you've got nothing to lose isn't always a bad thing.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #8437
Banned
Oh, and speaking of 40's guys, my days of long hair are drawing to a close, been wrapping my mind around losing the hair, shit's gettin mighty thin on top, don't want to look like an idiot where it looks like my hair is migrating off my head and down my back, so i'm probably going (in my typical 'go big or go home style'), probably going chrome dome, i did it about ten years ago for awhile and damn if I don't look mean, BUT, i was kickin around the idea of going with a mowhawk for a bit of fun first, hell I wear a hat all the time anyways so it would usually be covered, if it doesn't suit me then off goes the rest, what do y'all think?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #8438
Backdoor Commentator

I can't believe you're asking.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #8439
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I can't believe you're asking.
just kickin it around with you guys for a bit of fun really

Products Discussed in this Thread