Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #9421
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post

Seriously bitchin!!!!!!!

I'll have pics of mine posted Saturday since my appointment got moved. Will probably have 2 done instead of just one.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #9422
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommehK View Post
Seriously bitchin!!!!!!!

I'll have pics of mine posted Saturday since my appointment got moved. Will probably have 2 done instead of just one.
Sweet.

I've been planning a backpiece for over 10 years.
Just haven't come up with the right design yet.

It's tough to come up with a design featuring Herne and his dogs that doesn't look like it belongs on a Dio cover.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #9423
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
I have my back piece planned...conceptually of course. It's on paper and in the hands of my artist, we shall see what he does with it.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #9424
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I don't fucking believe it

Liberals may form another majority government in BC
Old 05-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #9425

mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Listening to a little STP....memorieeeeeeeees....
Old 05-15-2013, 12:26 AM   #9426
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

Well there is a shocker!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:15 AM   #9427
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Sweet.

I've been planning a backpiece for over 10 years.
Just haven't come up with the right design yet.

It's tough to come up with a design featuring Herne and his dogs that doesn't look like it belongs on a Dio cover.
lol, what's wrong with that?????
Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 AM   #9428
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommehK View Post
I have my back piece planned...conceptually of course. It's on paper and in the hands of my artist, we shall see what he does with it.
the pic sucks but big skull is a candy skull which is a Dia de los Meurtos thing, a Reaper's sicythe, shrunken heads, it took about 9 1/2 hours to do.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:24 AM   #9429
Banned
Quote:

What's that mean Pete?
Old 05-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #9430
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
What's that mean Pete?
They already took your guns and pipeline.
Higher fuel taxes? Mandatory monthly dress day? Puck tax?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #9431
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's that mean Pete?
All the polls showed the NDP would form a majority government , I thought at worst a minority but somehow the Liberals won a majority 50 - 32 seats

The Liberals support the Northern Gateway pipeline and LNG ports for shipment to Asia

Basically means the Northern Gateway pipeline is probably gonna happen
Old 05-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #9432
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All the polls showed the NDP would form a majority government , I thought at worst a minority but somehow the Liberals won a majority 50 - 32 seats

The Liberals support the Northern Gateway pipeline and LNG ports for shipment to Asia

Basically means the Northern Gateway pipeline is probably gonna happen
Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #9433

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskquatch11 View Post
Yeah , I was always kind of conflicted about it

On one hand it's beneficial to the country , on the other hand potentially devastating to the coastline and everything I love here
Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #9434

mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the pic sucks but big skull is a candy skull which is a Dia de los Meurtos thing, a Reaper's sicythe, shrunken heads, it took about 9 1/2 hours
Pretty sweet. I'm not a fan of the old school style for myself but I seriously do appreciate the work!

My backpiece is going to be my own version of a Tree of Life...looks like a weeping willow, with life sayings following the branch lines. Important dates will be incorporated also.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #9435
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah , I was always kind of conflicted about it

On one hand it's beneficial to the country , on the other hand potentially devastating to the coastline and everything I love here
I'm surprised they'd support the pipeline. Obviously, that wouldn't be the case in the U.S. If it goes through, it'll be up to the people to make sure proper standards are set and met. Relying solely on the government to provide enough oversight often fails.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #9436

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I'm surprised they'd support the pipeline. Obviously, that wouldn't be the case in the U.S. If it goes through, it'll be up to the people to make sure proper standards are set and met. Relying solely on the government to provide enough oversight often fails.
Why would you be suprised that they support the pipeline ?

and if the pipeline goes through , how do the people provide oversight to a project that the feds and provincial governments are in charge of overseeing ?

The First Nations are opposed , this thing may never get built , they may just expand the existing capacity of the Kinder Morgan line into Vancouver for the bitumen and do LNG exports in Kitimat

Expanding Kinder Morgan brings oil tanker traffic within 5 miles of where I live
Old 05-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #9437
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Quote:

and if the pipeline goes through , how do the people provide oversight to a project that the feds and provincial governments are in charge of overseeing ?

The First Nations are opposed , this thing may never get built , they may just expand the existing capacity of the Kinder Morgan line into Vancouver for the bitumen and do LNG exports in Kitimat

Expanding Kinder Morgan brings oil tanker traffic withing 5 miles of where I live
Standards and oversight can't stop human/operator error, greed, and shortcuts. Valdez, Deepwater H, ...duh. Failures are inevitable where engineering and humans are involved.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #9438

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Standards and oversight can't stop human/operator error, greed, and shortcuts. Valdez, Deepwater H, ...duh. Failures are inevitable where engineering and humans are involved.
It's just this easy according to Enbridge

http://youtu.be/HW-KuGWmuAY

Here's what we worry about

http://youtu.be/i0BCdinqMvQ

What the channel actually looks like

http://youtu.be/PgReUKn87lE
Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #9439
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:

Expanding Kinder Morgan brings oil tanker traffic within 5 miles of where I live
I'm surprised because, as I said, the Liberal cause in the U.S. killed a very similar pipeline, and they're generally opposed to such projects.

People provide oversight through organizations that operate outside of the government (NGOs such as Sierra Club, Tread Lightly, First Nations, etc.) and independently review projects. Those same organizations and their members work to inform the general public about the projects and their impact. Independent people produced those youtube videos you linked, and at least a few of the pipeline workers will give a damn if there's an accident. If the pipeline goes, NGOs may play a crucial role in guiding the project towards a safer plan, and making sure the standards are met over the long term.

It won't be easy, and there's no assurance of success, but what's the alternative? Pete, you strike me as exactly the kind of person that could be a strong, effective voice from your community. You're smart, have a construction background, can easily sniff out BS, and you live in the affected area. It's obvious you care about the project, and this is something that'll affect generations of Canadians. It's worth your time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
That will always happen, but it doesn't mean people shouldn't try to limit the hazards and damage.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #9440

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
" Liberals " is the name of the party , not necessarily their ideology

The postponment of the Keystone XL pipeline by the US government is the reason this pipeline has gotten the fast track

The Canadian government wants to diversify our markets for oil so we aren't relying on the US market

Products Discussed in this Thread