Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #9541
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down for the count bro, I'll chat with ya tomorrow night
Old 05-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #9542
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
I bought a new one. An echo 2 stroke at home depot. It's on sale 20$ off at 199$. Best trimmer I've ever had.
Labeled a gas can for it. It cut into my fence budget.
I picked up a Poulan with the attachment-changing capacity. Need to get the 2nd gas can for mixed. Haven't picked up any attachments yet, but good thing is that it's compatible with multiple brands apparently. I'm digging the blower one seriously...not doing the edger one, tilt the dang trimmer up and run it that way instead.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #9543
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
I had an Echo trimmer and blower for years, but finally went to Stihl when I couldn't find a local Echo shop. I'd like an gas edger, but I won't buy one until my corded electric one dies. I don't use my Husqvarna much today, but I ran it a lot cutting off stumps. Great saw.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #9544
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
The push mower I picked up recently is a Husq...brand new, clearance because it was last year's model. Easiest mower I've ever started with a pull cord. The self-propel option on it makes it fly....I had to get used to letting go of the propel lever when I got close to the fence because it wanted to climb the chicken wire. haha
Old 05-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #9545
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I had an Echo trimmer and blower for years, but finally went to Stihl when I couldn't find a local Echo shop. I'd like an gas edger, but I won't buy one until my corded electric one dies. I don't use my Husqvarna much today, but I ran it a lot cutting off stumps. Great saw.
I'd like a stihl but the dealer is also a tractor shop. Home depot is open 7 days a week.
I have a poulan chainsaw. One of these days I should get all the same brand.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #9546
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommehK View Post
The push mower I picked up recently is a Husq...brand new, clearance because it was last year's model. Easiest mower I've ever started with a pull cord. The self-propel option on it makes it fly....I had to get used to letting go of the propel lever when I got close to the fence because it wanted to climb the chicken wire. haha
My Husky (Husqi? - Rich, what do you two wheeled guys call them?) has a manually actuated decompression valve for much easier starts. They may have automated that feature in later years. It's a great idea.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #9547
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I ran first tank last night in trimmer. It's slowly breaking in. The old pos holdouts I'd always bump the choke with my elbow,and it was a shorter shaft.
The new echo choke is out of way,and longer straight shaft.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 AM   #9548
dont tread on me!

Hey,isn't Bturner from Oklahoma? Lot of destruction there.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #9549

Quote:
Hey,isn't Bturner from Oklahoma? Lot of destruction there.
Central Arkansas.
Don't worry. It always looks like a tornado went through there.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #9550
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
My Husky (Husqi? - Rich, what do you two wheeled guys call them?) has a manually actuated decompression valve for much easier starts. They may have automated that feature in later years. It's a great idea.
I would imagine the Husky is automatic by now.
My '05 Yamaha is automatic.
Small weight on the sprocket, weight swings out and retracts a pin that is 180 opposite the exhaust lobe.
I think Yamaha started using that with the 2003 redesign.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #9551
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Welp guys (and gal), this just goes to show that if you live long enough, you will see everything.
We're not doing politics in here (of course), I just wanted to point out today in case y'all missed it

Lois Lerner,of the IRS, a fucking bureaucrat, in being grilled about the normal discourse of her duties, pleaded the Fifth, I am racking my brain trying to come up with anyone else doing this being questioned about the normal discourse of their government job. I am pretty sure this is a first.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGd...ing/index.html

From somewhere under a concrete slab, Jimmy Hoffa just yelled "You go girl!"
Senator Kaufman just spun in his grave, somewhere in Hell, a bunch of gangsters are rolling on the floor laughing. Senators everywhere are kicking their cats.

Can you guys think of anyone else that has done this? Regarding just their normal government job???
Old 05-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #9552

mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Do what I say, not what I do huh.....dipshit. I saw a reference to this earlier and just shook my head without reading into the details.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #9553
dont tread on me!

I read it on drudgereport.com
Bunch of bullshit.
Seems anything can be done lately,without recourse.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #9554
dont tread on me!

I've been after my stupervisor for quite some time on getting new customers. He's never really been to enthusiastic about it saying we are all busy. Well the phone damn near stopped ringing,and now he's talking about going on sales calls.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #9555
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommehK View Post
Do what I say, not what I do huh.....dipshit. I saw a reference to this earlier and just shook my head without reading into the details.
Seriously, government hacks are pleading the Fifth!?!?!? Ollie danced and sang, Clinton was, well Slick Willie, Reagan said "I don't remember" 110 times, but the Fifth?
The best part was the disclaimer she read before she took the Fifth, if that doesn't sound like someone thinking they could go to jail then I don't know what is.

Hey Pete, do your gub'ment hacks do that in Canadaland?
Old 05-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #9556
Banned
Quote:
I've been after my stupervisor for quite some time on getting new customers. He's never really been to enthusiastic about it saying we are all busy. Well the phone damn near stopped ringing,and now he's talking about going on sales calls.
Sales calls? What, you're supposed to do that?
Old 05-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #9557
dont tread on me!

So today I finally got hoist in work truck finished. I used two old extension cords,different colors. And ran them in pex under truck to superwinch on hoist.
Cleaned up the truck,and dressed dash,tires,cleaned windows,cleaned floor of about a 1-1/2 year's of daily driving munchie spills.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #9558
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Sales calls? What, you're supposed to do that?
No shit. If it stays slow,I've got to move on. The construction side just finished 4 big jobs so those guys are piled up on existing jobs.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #9559

mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Ready for the tattoo to frikkin peel already...must.resist.urge.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #9560
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Seriously, government hacks are pleading the Fifth!?!?!? Ollie danced and sang, Clinton was, well Slick Willie, Reagan said "I don't remember" 110 times, but the Fifth?
The best part was the disclaimer she read before she took the Fifth, if that doesn't sound like someone thinking they could go to jail then I don't know what is.

Hey Pete, do your gub'ment hacks do that in Canadaland?
It was said she waived her fifth by giving an opening statement.

Products Discussed in this Thread