Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #10661
Richard
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel View Post
Just finished redecking our trailer. What is the best finish to protect the wood? The wood is a type of Fir, Hem Fir or Hemp Fir?
My dad thinks we should just spread used oil all over it, but I don't want to have to lay on the deck to tie something down with it all full of oil and the dirt that would be attracted to it. I'm sure I could just used boiled linseed oil, but I'm looking for some other options. Any suggestions?
Don't do that.

I'd follow Pete's advice (Home Depot carries Sikkens), and if that doesn't work out, some kind of penetrating oil treatment would be my choice. I've seen some deck treatments that creates a varnish-like coating used on a trailer, and it turns into a flaky mess. Whatever you use, keep it up every year or two and the wood will last a lot longer.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #10662
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Beat me to it.
That's kind of an obvious fix. I was more so looking for an opinion from you guys on whether you also find it disrespectful.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #10663
Richard
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivespeed View Post
That's kind of an obvious fix. I was more so looking for an opinion from you guys on whether you also find it disrespectful.
It would depend on the context, but more to the point, it doesn't matter if I find it disrespectful, that guy does. Since he made his opinion known, continuing to do it around him would probably seem disrespectful to both America and him, in his eyes. I've got better things to do than intentionally piss off a veteran over something like that.

Since you asked, it probably wouldn't bother me. I'd add it to a long list of things I don't understand, like NASCAR, Duck Dynasty, and people that visit Grand Canyon for an hour.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #10664
Richard

I thought of something that ties into the 'Mericuh! thing. When my division returned from Germany, we had to meet every plane and play some marches to celebrate their arrival, no matter the time of day. It got old, and being a young punk, I whined about doing yet another 0300 performance. An older troop pulled me aside and told me that we were there because not so long ago (this was the 1980s), returning soldiers were met by spitting protesters. I STFU and did my job.

Just because you don't understand why someone feels the way they do, doesn't mean they don't have a damn good reason for it. Pull the vet aside and talk with him. He may surprise you.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #10665
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Personally, I don't care, but in what context, yeah, guess it's seen as disrespectful, the Canadians here love dissing us and posting 'Murica, fine, whatever, doesn't change the way I feel about this country. but then again, I am not a vet, and the service guys take patriotism very seriously, as well they should, in possible dying in service of this country you would too. I think he's a little hung up on semantics but, I wouldn't argue the point with him, i would leave it be.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #10666
Richard

Btw, I promise not to riot after the Zimmerman trial verdict is announced.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #10667
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Btw, I promise not to riot after the Zimmerman trial verdict is announced.
are white people gonna riot if he's guilty?
Old 07-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #10668
Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
are white people gonna riot if he's guilty?
Since I don't understand why anyone would feel the need to riot over anything coming from that trial, I can't say. Ask Reginald Denny?
Old 07-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #10669
Banned
Quote:
Since I don't understand why anyone would feel the need to riot over anything coming from that trial, I can't say. Ask Reginald Denny?
heavy thought man....like a brick
Old 07-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #10670
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Personally, I don't care, but in what context, yeah, guess it's seen as disrespectful, the Canadians here love dissing us and posting 'Murica, fine, whatever, doesn't change the way I feel about this country. but then again, I am not a vet, and the service guys take patriotism very seriously, as well they should, in possible dying in service of this country you would too. I think he's a little hung up on semantics but, I wouldn't argue the point with him, i would leave it be.
I've been in the Navy 7 years and have done 3 mobilizations to the Middle East (Iraq, Kuwait, and then Afghanistan) as a reservist. I get where you guys are coming from on the whole patriotism and being a vet thing. I'm not the one who personally disrespected him, the group of kids he teaches were saying the term "Mericuh!" and he found it highly offensive, due to of course the originality of the saying. He says he won't have our younger generation disrespecting our country when I was explaining to him the context in which those kids have learned it is in no way disrespectful like it used to be or where he learned it. He got upset and offensive real quick over it which led me to this thread to see if others of "that generation" have the same view to the term? Definitely hung up on semantics!

Appreciate the inputs guys
Old 07-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #10671
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
because 'Mericuh
Old 07-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #10672
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
because 'Mericuh
my point exactly, fuckin Canadian
Old 07-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #10674
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are awful quiet in here.

Did the "Over 40" apocalypse happen today and I missed it?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #10676
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Young punk (25) here.. looking to get your guys opinion on the term " 'Merica ". Is it considered disrespectful in your eyes in terms of our country and conservatives today? I had a small disagreement over it with a guy I used to work with who's been in the Navy for 21 years. He's an instructor for young Marines and got all pissy when he noticed a few of them saying "Merica!!" as its used on the internet today. I informed him of how the kids are using it as another form of saying that America is bad ass and he insisted I was wrong and it was very disrespectful.

Thoughts??
I don't see the big deal.....it definetly does not get my panties in a wad.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #10677
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm in Port Alberni
McLean sawmill and choo choo?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #10678
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
McLean sawmill and choo choo?
Visiting my FIL

I like it up here
Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #10679
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Visiting my FIL

I like it up here
Makes you realize what a shithole your island is, eh?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #10680

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Makes you realize what a shithole your island is, eh?
Nope , not like that

Just a different awesome

Products Discussed in this Thread