Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The "40+" "Old Timers Thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2013, 04:06 AM   #11761
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Got up early to watch some Monza qualifying and was treated to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
Actually, Mr. Knowsitall, it does. The damage is low, and you can see it was pushed in somewhat laterally. Now imagine a clay pit. Then insert a slider on his truck. Presto blamo, a set of sliders would have helped him.

Christ Almighty you come across as a pretentious dick sometimes.
I see he's primed for a happy weekend.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #11762
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
Jesus!!! THAT is a FAN!!!

How much are those freaking things, like $3k apiece? You know they are expensive when they say, contact us for pricing.
They need to get you on the hook so they can try and reel you in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Bill said $6k, which sounds about right. They really are impressive. They move a very high volume of air, but are near silent, and it's difficult to describe the way the air flows. It's almost like being in a large river with a strong, steady current. Lots of air moving, but no focused areas.
Yes, the 22 foot ones are about $6k installed. They have bigger. And DoorDing is right, it is like a whole other world underneath them. They are variable speed, and the two that we had in the shop in Florida on high would literally blow the papers off your tool boxes unless you had something heavy to hold them down. When under a truck and draining oil the OVERHEAD fans circulated enough to actually move the stream of oil as it drained. When they first installed the fans at the shop we had a thermometer that was reading about 98 degrees. We were just under 100 that day. When they turned the fans on high it took less than 5 minutes and that same thermometer was reading I believe 87? BIG difference when working in a shop.

Quote:

You bring them out of the woodwork almost as bad as I do! lol.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #11763
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

What was that from?
Old 09-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #11764
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
You bring them out of the woodwork almost as bad as I do! lol.
Shaddup, ya warranty luvin sucker!
Quote:
What was that from?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post7397820
Old 09-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #11765
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing
[URL
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/282609-when-not-if-trail-damage-8.html#post7397820[/URL]
what an asshat
Old 09-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #11766
Well, let's play chess.

It earned a shrug. Not sure why largely agreeing with him got that response. The Knowitall thing was particularly ironic. It took a lot of effort, but I'm still managing to have a good weekend.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #11767

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It earned a shrug. Not sure why largely agreeing with him got that response. The Knowitall thing was particularly ironic. It took a lot of effort, but I'm still managing to have a good weekend.
LMFAO
Glad your "managing"
Old 09-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #11768
Well, let's play chess.

Along with the usual weekend fleet maintenance, I had to solve an odd brake/turn signal problem on the Fit. Step on the brakes, and the turn signals stopped flashing, leaving a RR turn signal lit. The Fit has separate bulbs, so there wasn't a dual filament issue. I started poking around and remembered that I put a Hoppy plug-in trailer light adapter on the car several years ago. The sealed adapter box was hot, and as soon as I unplugged it, everything was fine.

I was glad, because Honda put the flasher on the rear of the instrument cluster, and I really didn't want to tear into the dash.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #11769

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Along with the usual weekend fleet maintenance, I had to solve an odd brake/turn signal problem on the Fit. Step on the brakes, and the turn signals stopped flashing, leaving a RR turn signal lit. The Fit has separate bulbs, so there wasn't a dual filament issue. I started poking around and remembered that I put a Hoppy plug-in trailer light adapter on the car several years ago. The sealed adapter box was hot, and as soon as I unplugged it, everything was fine.

I was glad, because Honda put the flasher on the rear of the instrument cluster, and I really didn't want to tear into the dash.
Just sayin
Old 09-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #11770
Well, let's play chess.

To their credit, it wasn't a Honda problem. First time I've had a problem with a Hoppy product, though.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #11771
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Finished up the trims in my day bed bay

Last to go is the round wall , carry on with that tomorrow

Nice work man,
Old 09-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #11772
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Update Operation Yellow Nuke:

After fighting them in the streets and hills for a week, they started going under the house to get to the nest and I called in the air strike, they sprayed a poison which should wipe them out in a few days. I went to show the guy the nest location and I roll right up to it and he jumped back with all the yeloow jackets flying around, I got a kick outta that. Day Two of Operation Air Burst and enemy activity has dropped off dramatically.

In other news I found a eighth of nice green weed on the ground at a gas station last night, I went in and asked the chicano guy behind the counter if he smoked, he said yes so i gave it to him, hate to see good weed go to waste
Old 09-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #11773
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post

After fighting them in the streets and hills for a week, they started going under the house to get to the nest and I called in the air strike, they sprayed a poison which should wipe them out in a few days. I went to show the guy the nest location and I roll right up to it and he jumped back with all the yeloow jackets flying around, I got a kick outta that. Day Two of Operation Air Burst and enemy activity has dropped off dramatically.

In other news I found a eighth of nice green weed on the ground at a gas station last night, I went in and asked the chicano guy behind the counter if he smoked, he said yes so i gave it to him, hate to see good weed go to waste
That was a nice deed,
Old 09-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #11774

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post

Your a Samaritan
Old 09-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #11775

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Fucking bitches, no wonder I am single.

My cousin's babies momma went into his computer and found a bunch of old emails for some other bitches.
Went all belligerent on him, slapped him 3 times before he grabbed her and threw her off him, she fell into the grass and he left when she said GTFO of the house he pays for.
He came back to pick up his surf boards and she maced him with a full can, called the cops, he got arrested for domestic violence and spent the night in jail.
Now he is facing felony domestic charges. I know my cousin, he would NEVER hit a chic, most mello dude out there. Only reason he threw her was cause she was wailing on him, just to get her off of him.
Not the first time she has done this either, she did it to her ex husband. The laws are so fucked on this, the guy is always the bad guy.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #11776
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Tell him to get a GOOD lawyer ASAP, and whatever he does, DO NOT ACCEPT A PLEA BARGAIN TO MISDEMEANOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!

Thanks to Senator Lautenberg, Misdemeanor DV carries a lifetime firearms prohibition on the federal level.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #11777
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
Fucking bitches, no wonder I am single.

My cousin's babies momma went into his computer and found a bunch of old emails for some other bitches.
Went all belligerent on him, slapped him 3 times before he grabbed her and threw her off him, she fell into the grass and he left when she said GTFO of the house he pays for.
He came back to pick up his surf boards and she maced him with a full can, called the cops, he got arrested for domestic violence and spent the night in jail.
Now he is facing felony domestic charges. I know my cousin, he would NEVER hit a chic, most mello dude out there. Only reason he threw her was cause she was wailing on him, just to get her off of him.
Not the first time she has done this either, she did it to her ex husband. The laws are so fucked on this, the guy is always the bad guy.
I despise people that beat on their family & significant others, regardless of gender. He may have gone to jail, but that's not the end of it. If he's innocent and works the system, he still has a good chance of being exonerated.

Tell him to have decent photos (not shitty cell phone shots) taken of himself immediately, even of uninjured areas. Face, back, chest, hands (both sides), arms, legs, feet, the works. Same for the clothes he was wearing during the fight, and any damage to his vehicle or other property. Take photos of any text messages, emails, FB crap, etc. Make audio recordings of any voicemails. Whoever takes the photos should be prepared to go to court to testify about their content.

Have him write a detailed account about the event, starting before everything went to shit, and ending with his arrest. Keep a log of anything noteworthy after the arrest, too. My guess is he's subject to some kind of court order to stay away from her, and he definitely needs to leave her be. If she tries to bait him into violating the order, he needs to document that in the log and record her attempts, too. He should also try to recall past fights and log those, too.

He needs an attorney tomorrow. They'll know how his local laws work and should help him navigate through all of this, but only if he stays calm and listens. If he needs to collect some things from their place, the attorney can tell him how to do that without violating a court order or otherwise getting himself in trouble. If they have any joint accounts, an attorney can help sort that out, too. If he has any firearms, he better check that he's not currently prohibited from possessing them.

I hope they don't have any kids together. If not, he needs to move on. Once a history of domestic violence is established, it's very difficult to break it and maintain the relationship. Aside from the above, the best thing you can do is be a solid source of support and guidance. It's very easy to let anger take over and that usually ends badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Tell him to get a GOOD lawyer ASAP, and whatever he does, DO NOT ACCEPT A PLEA BARGAIN TO MISDEMEANOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!

Thanks to Senator Lautenberg, Misdemeanor DV carries a lifetime firearms prohibition on the federal level.
A plea is something to consider with an attorney, but I'd be very reluctant to do it. I'd be curious to know what elevated this to a felony charge. Domestic Battery is usually a misdemeanor offense. It usually takes a severe injury (or threat of one), the use of a weapon, etc. to bump it to a felony.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #11778
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
If he has any firearms, he better check that he's not currently prohibited from possessing them.
If she's got a restraining order on him, he is. They need to be transferred ASAP.

$35 per transfer.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #11779
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
If she's got a restraining order on him, he is. They need to be transferred ASAP.

$35 per transfer.
He may be able to simply give them to someone else to hold for him. I think it depends on the state laws. Either way, he needs to run all of this by his attorney tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #11780

Quote:
He may be able to simply give them to someone else to hold for him. I think it depends on the state laws. Either way, he needs to run all of this by his attorney tomorrow.
State law, they have to be transferred into custody of an FFL or "sold"... sale would be $35 for the PPT to get them out of his hands and into the hands of a trusted friend, who could "sell" them back when it's over and done.

Custody of an FFL... hopefully they don't get sold by an employee, and it'll still cost him $30 per handgun and $30 per every 4 long guns to get them back.
Assuming this won't be wrapped up until after January, it'll likely be $30 per long gun.

He could turn them into the police for safe keeping, but that would require a LEGR at $99 per firearm to be returned.

California law, I can let another person borrow a firearm for no more than 30 days. On day 31, it becomes an illegal transfer, but regardless, as long as I retain legal ownership, I am considered to be "in possession", and with a RO, that is prohibited. Can't even have magazines or ammo as a prohibited person.

Products Discussed in this Thread