1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Sep 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Welcome, make your self at home.:cool:
    :(:(

2. Sep 5, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :( :(

3. Sep 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Think I'll pass. Don't wanna make any enemies....never any fun anymore

4. Sep 6, 2013 at 3:17 AM
    johneman

johneman [OP] Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    Welcome to the thread:wave:...there are still a few us over 60's still working:eek: but not for too much longer. Pull up a chair and grab a beer and enjoy. Any discussion is fair game

5. Sep 6, 2013 at 7:13 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
  6. Sep 6, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Welcome to the old fart thread. Once you retire you will become super busy doing things you want to do. :cool:

7. Sep 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Morning all:
    Welcome, and as Ken said, any discussion is fair game. Heck, sometimes we even learn something! :D
    One of my old friends and his wife stopped in this morning to say goodbye. They are moving to Myrtle Beach SC. Their home is sold, and they already bought a home down there. Good people, and I'll miss them. :pout:
    OH, I did tell them to watch out for a lady walking her dogs, who shines a million candlepower flashlight through the windshields of oncoming cars!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  8. Sep 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO26cX7mkoI

9. Sep 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    Somehow I "HAD" to click on funniest banned commercials 2013, after the video. There's a good one on there! :D

Better than watching the news. Could be; here we go again.
    It could get very complicated in the Middle East, which is a ticking time bomb. IMO- I believe we're going to be "HEAVILY" involved over there at some point in time.

10. Sep 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    That is a very true statement Carl. I find it interesting that the President has deferred involvement to congress. The talking heads are all over the place with that move.

Too bad we cannot go back to being an isolationist country.

11. Sep 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :rofl: just tell them to move over and the light goes out :p

12. Sep 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    ... ^^^ ... Just got back from North Myrtle Beach (2 weeks ago) and thinking about moving there too. ... :)

Love the beach :) ... not so much in the hot summer sun :confused: ... just like to walk the beach with the sand between my toes :rolleyes: ... especially in the mornings, evenings .... and anytime in the fall & winter when it is quiet there ... :D

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  13. Sep 7, 2013 at 3:55 AM
    johneman

johneman [OP] Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    Wasn't the war in Iraq a major topic during the presidential debates but yet here we go Obama who said he was against going into Iraq is pushing to get us into another Iraq:eek::eek: in Syria!! At least Bush had the gonads to go in where our commander in chief is trying to use the congress as a scapegoat because if it doesn't go right he will say "they let it happen" :annoyed::annoyed::angrygirl::stirthepot::crapstorm:

Keep those batteries fresh Sue, would hate to hear that you had a problem with some idiot driver...:)

14. Sep 7, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't. Isn't politics fun!

All I can say is: "You can fool some of the voters all the time, all the voters some of the time, but you can only make monkeys out of the voters once every 4 years".

15. Sep 8, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I started in Jan. to get back down to 170 Lbs.. Last night on the scale there it was 170 lbs..[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]. It took 8 mo. to get off 20lbs. Cut the pig outs to sat night only. and no pie, cake, or ice cream worked over the long run..Going to try to get down to 160 - 165 by end of the year..[​IMG]

16. Sep 8, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    :yay: congrats!!!

17. Sep 8, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    Greenpants

Greenpants Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 Tacoma 4 banger
    The tailgate mod
    Man, I was just going out to get some JUNK food for the Pats game @ 1 . Now I am feeling guilty . Oh well , I will drink whiskey instead of beer. That should do it ! Congrats to you . 20lbs is a lot of hard work.

greenpants.....mike

18. Sep 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    :woot::woot:

Deserves a double WOOT for making your goal!

19. Sep 8, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    boatswain

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    Evening all:
    :proposetoast: Way to go Jim, could afford to lose a few pounds myself! Usually it comes by way of a big, hard work project; and I don't need any more of them!
    Another mowing in the book, and went a little faster than usual. I was bottoming out the seat springs, jarring the heck out of my back, and hoping the new roller shaft wouldn't hook something and get bent to crap. I think if I want to cut a lot of time off the mowing, I either have to get all the potholes in the yard fixed, then buy a Z-turn, or buy a 100" deck! :D
    It would probably cost more to get the yard straightened out than the Z-turn would cost! :eek:

20. Sep 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    :woot: sprinkler replaced and works as advertised.... Think the guys who took my trees down last year ran it over. :anonymous: I've been ignoring it all summer :p

Nothing like having a bug jump on you when collecting seeds :eek: :eek: and all the seeds go flying :anonymous: and come to find out it's just a praying mantis :eek:

:wave: evening all

:woot: for another round of yard cutting

Products Discussed in

To Top