Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

60+ year old thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #7401
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captchas View Post
tuna time and I can't get to my own boat . pain is more like omg this time around no screwing around for me. which means no boating either on the lake or ocean or jumping into the bird " a jabiru j230" for a 200 buck hamburger
Sorry for your pain. Nice looking boat. I like the enclosed bridge.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #7402
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Maryland school board meeting http://youtu.be/XEQmUnisDEM
Old 09-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #7403
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Evening all:
BOAT? Heck that looks big enough to be a ship! NICE!!!!!!
Give it time to heal, the tuna will be waiting.
I know the feeling. It seems that every time the Del. river is prime for Walleyes, it becomes unfishable due to flooding.
Just saw the video Jim posted, on TV. Charges were dropped!
Looks like "it's our way or the highway". Happening all too often!
Old 09-24-2013, 04:28 AM   #7405
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
What was the question. LOL

At least it was not in the county I live in.
September 20, 2013
School Superintendents receive an F grade for Common Core meeting
Dr. Dallas Dance, Superintendent of Baltimore County Public Schools, and Lillian Lowery, Maryland Superintendent, had the opportunity Thursday night to make minor amends at an MSDE-sponsored informational meeting after a three-plus year information blackout on Common Core, the new federal curriculum for Maryland schools.
Instead, Dr. Dance added insult to injury by screening, omitting, and editing parents’ questions.
Questions from the audience of about 160 people, which consisted of parents, PTA members, teachers, and school administrators, were submitted on cards prior to and during the 1-1/2 hour meeting for the Q&A period which lasted about 40 minutes.
Dr. Dance chose which questions to read or omit, opting for teacher and school administrator or softball questions. But he also altered the wording of the questions themselves.
My submitted question:
“What is the process for parents to review what data has been or will be collected on our kids, where it is stored, how it will be used, and with whom it has or will be shared? What are parents options for opting out of data collection on our kids?”
What Dr. Dance read:
“As a parent, I’ve heard a lot of information around the state Longitudinal Data system. What is the process to review what data is being collected on students, where is it stored, how will it be used, with whom will it be shared?”
After the question was answered, I called out, “Can parents opt out?”, but was ignored.
My submitted question:
“Although Common Core was adopted by MDE three years ago, in exchange for a quarter Billion dollar federal incentive grant through Race To The Top which is conditioned upon adherence to Common Core, parents weren’t informed until after its implementation. The MDE has not valued nor requested parental input. Instead, there was no transparency or even the courtesy of notifying parents much less consulting them. No wonder parents are up in arms. You’ve awakened the Mama Bear. Why haven’t parents across the state heard of Common Core until the month of its implementation?”
What Dr. Dance read:
“As a parent, I was a little disappointed that I’m just starting to hear so much information around the Common Core state standard. I want to be informed as most parents across our state. As a parent, how can I learn more information around Common Core?”
Parent removed and arrested from the meeting for speaking out of turn
As the pom-pom and rah-rah session neared an end about 20 minutes before the meeting close, parental frustration was mounting as our questions were still going unanswered. One parent, Robert Small, decided to interject to try to force some answers (see video at top of article).
He said: “I want to know how many parents here are aware that the goal of the Common Core standards isn’t to prepare kids for full-fledged universities, it’s to prepare them for community college.....Parents, take control. We’re sick of this. This is not a CNN political game. This is a public town hall... Listen, don’t stand for this. You’re sitting here like cattle. You have questions. Confront them. They don’t want to do it in public.... Parents, you need to question these people....Do the research, it’s online.”
Mr. Small was arrested after being removed from the auditorium and charged with second degree assault of a police officer and a second charge of disrupting a school function.
The video clearly shows that, if anyone was aggressive, it was the security guard, not Mr. Small. What may have happened out in the hall however, is unknown.
In the second video clip (click here), you can hear multiple parents call out how their question was not read and they were ignored.
There will be one more out of four Common Core meetings hosted by county school boards in Maryland. This one is on October 1 in Prince George’s County. Click here for more info.
STAY INFORMED: Please subscribe above to receive free email notifications each time I post a new article. Thanks for supporting a conservative writer in Maryland!====(Gov. gone crazy)
Old 09-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #7406
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Federal, State, Local. school board, even at work it's do as I say not as I do...Years ago at a local township meeting we had a fellow that was being ignored so he took the floor and he was told he was out of order. He pulled out a pair of handcuffs and told the board that if he was out of order to come handcuff him and have him removed. The board let him have his say then told him they would notify him. They finally did but not to his liking even though he had a legitimate bitch!!! Government at workRelaxing on vacation and enjoying the weather tonight is my favorite time of the week...managers rum punch party It sure is good!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #7407
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Jim:
THX for the info. I should go to the Flowers meeting on Oct 1st for the show. I need to read to see if it affects children that are not in the public school system first.

I bet security departments are the first in line to ask for and receive any data generated by this program.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #7408
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Me thinks that Carl's bathroom rebuild will take as long as Oz's bumper install. If I remember correctly Oz eventually sold the bumper rather than put it on his Tacoma.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #7409
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
know of a farmer nearby who built a new one in 2 hours, took his backhoe picked it up and stuck it over a new hole about 10 feet away.
Afternoon all: I have an outhouse on the property, it needs work too!

Ordered the shower stall today. Making some headway!
Also ordered new winter tires, and bought a set of takeoff tires, rims, and center caps for $400. (no TPMS) Easy to spend a couple grand in no time!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #7410
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hi All, Got to scratch an item off the bucket list this morning. Went diving with the granddaughter and it was her first saltwater dive. She did good and really enjoyed it. Maybe not as much as i did.Wife took pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
60+ year old thread.-img_8116.jpg   60+ year old thread.-img_8129.jpg  
Old 09-25-2013, 04:43 AM   #7412
Life is good!!

Quote:
man that has to be the best day of her life, the first open water dive in clear blue salt water. I know it's a day I'll never forget myself,
took these in may of 06 off Maui
Nice pics Cap.

We were in Maui & Kauia in the late nineties. did a few dives but was limited because I tore my Knee up and shattered the head of the femur(looked like a crystalized windshield) and was on crutches with orders from the doctor not to walk on the leg. 8 weeks on crutches 2 weeks of vacation on crutches.
The Missus did a great job with the luggage. Still brings it up occassionally. I will post more pics if the wife gets any real wow pics. Sunset at the Cocktail party last night.
Attached Thumbnails
60+ year old thread.-img_8181.jpg   60+ year old thread.-img_8186.jpg  
Old 09-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #7413
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics guys THX for sharing.

I did my first volunteer work for my son's school this morning. I was the chaperon for three student and we volunteered at a soup kitchen in Washington DC. Very worthwhile volunteer opportunity for me. I am slated to go back next Tuesday with three more students.

When I asked if the Sisters needed me to bring a needed item I was asked if I could fix a hinge on a gate. I already have the parts I need to fix the gate.

Also picked up some hot sauce. A lot of the guys wanted hot sauce for the pasta dish this morning and there was none.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #7414
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
afternoon gents

Hope the wing is feeling better Capt'n

Great pics guys.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #7415
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
hurts big time sue. saw the doc this am 4 more weeks in the sling, no driving . no boating , no diving, no flying, figures don't do anything that needs 2 arms working, but a yes to help for the hurting,
Hope it feels better soon... you taking any pain meds? They should have given you something. Follow the doc's orders!!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #7416
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

AH,,,,http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...ml#post7479897
Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #7417

Evening all:
Hey Jim; tell them you need one!

New tires on today! All ready for winter.
Was just talking to a young guy who served 2 tours in Iraq. He made an interesting point. He said we should be heavily involved in Mexico fighting a war against the drug cartels, and stop all the illegals from coming into the US. He may have a point there. The drugs being brought across the border are probably doing more damage to this country than our "ENEMIES".
Maby there's a reason they haven't put a stop to what's going on at our southern border!
Just saw: 67M missing from the Obamacare slush fund. The IRS don't know if they lost it, or if it was stolen. And they are going to run the national healthcare system!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #7418
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery

the old man gets another year older Saturday. and hits 1 year since he retired.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #7419
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
Evening all:
Hey Jim; tell them you need one!

New tires on today! All ready for winter.
Was just talking to a young guy who served 2 tours in Iraq. He made an interesting point. He said we should be heavily involved in Mexico fighting a war against the drug cartels, and stop all the illegals from coming into the US. He may have a point there. The drugs being brought across the border are probably doing more damage to this country than our "ENEMIES".
Maby there's a reason they haven't put a stop to what's going on at our southern border!
Just saw: 67M missing from the Obamacare slush fund. The IRS don't know if they lost it, or if it was stolen. And they are going to run the national healthcare system!
x2
Old 09-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #7420

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post

the old man gets another year older Saturday. and hits 1 year since he retired.
Good for him! Hope he enjoys many more yrs. on pension!!
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to your dad.

Sue: Here's one on the lighter side. Apparently, if you're in Alaska and get driving directions from one of the I phones, or something similar, it will take you onto runway B at one of the airports. They are working on a fix for that!

Products Discussed in this Thread