LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

60+ year old thread.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #7401
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
When I walk the girls in the dark, I shine a flashlight at oncoming cars to let them know I'm there and occasionally to get them to turn their brights off. When they move over, I shine the light at the ground, so they can still see me. The guy tonight, didn't move over and then when he passed me, he stopped and got out and told me "he saw me" and I should walk on the other side of the road (with traffic)

There is one lady who literally refuses to go out of the lane. she slows down, but won't move over. I'm tired of cars flying down the road and almost running me over. Not like it's a main drag, it's a subdivision and no sidewalks.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #7403
Scamper is on a distinguished road
Scamper's Tacoma Gallery
Just found the site and the thread....

I'm 62, ready to retire at any time (after 45 years of always doing something).
Toyota pickup trucks have been with me since my first in 1978 - hunting, camping, shooting with guns and cameras. Currently driving a new V6 Prerunner with all the options I could get. They have always been reliable and dependable, often with only minimal care. Oh what a feeling...
I never think of my self as wearing out, but sometimes I do go a little slower.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #7404
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Paintball Gun?
Air powered insane potato,, The guy says it makes great potato salad from 50 yards away
Old 09-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #7405
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamper View Post

Toyota pickup trucks have been with me since my first in 1978 - hunting, camping, shooting with guns and cameras. Currently driving a new V6 Prerunner with all the options I could get. They have always been reliable and dependable, often with only minimal care. Oh what a feeling...
welcome... the guys let me hang around ... pull up a chair and grab a beer

Quote:
Air powered insane potato,, The guy says it makes great potato salad from 50 yards away
Think I'll pass. Don't wanna make any enemies (although it would be fun )
Old 09-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #7406
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:

Welcome, make your self at home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post

welcome... the guys let me hang around ... pull up a chair and grab a beer

Think I'll pass. Don't wanna make any enemies (although it would be fun )
Old 09-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #7407
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Welcome, make your self at home.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #7408
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Think I'll pass. Don't wanna make any enemies....never any fun anymore
Old 09-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #7409
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Welcome to the thread...there are still a few us over 60's still working but not for too much longer. Pull up a chair and grab a beer and enjoy. Any discussion is fair game
Old 09-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #7410
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

old days
Old 09-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #7411
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Welcome to the old fart thread. Once you retire you will become super busy doing things you want to do.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #7412
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Morning all:
Welcome, and as Ken said, any discussion is fair game. Heck, sometimes we even learn something!
One of my old friends and his wife stopped in this morning to say goodbye. They are moving to Myrtle Beach SC. Their home is sold, and they already bought a home down there. Good people, and I'll miss them.
OH, I did tell them to watch out for a lady walking her dogs, who shines a million candlepower flashlight through the windshields of oncoming cars!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #7413
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
Morning all:
Welcome,
OH, I did tell them to watch out for a lady walking her dogs, who shines a million candlepower flashlight through the windshields of oncoming cars!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO26cX7mkoI
Old 09-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #7414
New Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNew Mexico Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired
Name: Fred
New Mexico Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Welcome!! You will fit in just fine. Where you at? New Mexico was the wild west no to long ago. That is why I like here, open carry is okay everywhere.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #7415
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Somehow I "HAD" to click on funniest banned commercials 2013, after the video. There's a good one on there!

Better than watching the news. Could be; here we go again.
It could get very complicated in the Middle East, which is a ticking time bomb. IMO- I believe we're going to be "HEAVILY" involved over there at some point in time.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #7416
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
That is a very true statement Carl. I find it interesting that the President has deferred involvement to congress. The talking heads are all over the place with that move.

Too bad we cannot go back to being an isolationist country.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #7417
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Morning all:
Welcome, and as Ken said, any discussion is fair game. Heck, sometimes we even learn something!
One of my old friends and his wife stopped in this morning to say goodbye. They are moving to Myrtle Beach SC. Their home is sold, and they already bought a home down there. Good people, and I'll miss them.
just tell them to move over and the light goes out
Old 09-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #7418
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Morning all:
... ^^^ ... Just got back from North Myrtle Beach (2 weeks ago) and thinking about moving there too. ...

Love the beach ... not so much in the hot summer sun ... just like to walk the beach with the sand between my toes ... especially in the mornings, evenings .... and anytime in the fall & winter when it is quiet there ...
Old 09-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #7419
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Somehow I "HAD" to click on funniest banned commercials 2013, after the video. There's a good one on there!

Better than watching the news. Could be; here we go again.
It could get very complicated in the Middle East, which is a ticking time bomb. IMO- I believe we're going to be "HEAVILY" involved over there at some point in time.
Wasn't the war in Iraq a major topic during the presidential debates but yet here we go Obama who said he was against going into Iraq is pushing to get us into another Iraq in Syria!! At least Bush had the gonads to go in where our commander in chief is trying to use the congress as a scapegoat because if it doesn't go right he will say "they let it happen" :craps torm:

Keep those batteries fresh Sue, would hate to hear that you had a problem with some idiot driver...
Old 09-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #7420
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johneman View Post
Wasn't the war in Iraq a major topic during the presidential debates but yet here we go Obama who said he was against going into Iraq is pushing to get us into another Iraq in Syria!! At least Bush had the gonads to go in where our commander in chief is trying to use the congress as a scapegoat because if it doesn't go right he will say "they let it happen" :craps torm:

Keep those batteries fresh Sue, would hate to hear that you had a problem with some idiot driver...
Dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't. Isn't politics fun!

All I can say is: "You can fool some of the voters all the time, all the voters some of the time, but you can only make monkeys out of the voters once every 4 years".

Products Discussed in this Thread