Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

60+ year old thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #7801
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
Yesterday!
Now I'm as old as the Capt!
But not quite as old as "BUMPA"! WELCOME!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carl!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #7802
Devious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: COL, USA (Ret.)
Name: Mark
Devious6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpa View Post
I'm 72 and still Taco'ng.

Welcome!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #7803
Devious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: COL, USA (Ret.)
Name: Mark
Devious6's Tacoma Gallery
Happy Birthday, Carl!!!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #7804
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carl!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious6 View Post
Happy Birthday, Carl!!!!!
THANKS! Hope I at least live long enough to get the darn bathroom done!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #7805
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Welcome to the fun house..
Quote:
Yesterday!
Now I'm as old as the Capt!
But not quite as old as "BUMPA"! WELCOME!!!
Happy Birthday, Boats..
Old 10-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #7806
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

https://dotsub.com/view/841bccf1-d06...nhs_gc.aolmail
Old 11-01-2013, 04:21 AM   #7807
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...Welcome to the thread...great bunch here.

Quote:
Sure I am 72; but just because there is snow on the roof doesn't mean that there isn't a fire in the boiler.
Hell, I've had snow on the roof for the past 15 years and my kids think the fire in the boiler has been out since I was 45...rotten kidstheir day will come and there kids will give them the same...

Quote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARL...

TGIF. bad week at work...counting down to January 3. Can't wait
Old 11-01-2013, 04:23 AM   #7808
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Been there a few time myself.

Happy Birthday Carl.

Take the day off today and go fishing or hunting.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #7809
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johneman View Post

TGIF. bad week at work...counting down to January 3. Can't wait
Was there ever a good week at work?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #7810
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Was there ever a good week at work?
Good point Tom...some are better than others though. Somedays It's so bad I almost wish that I would get called for jury duty
Old 11-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #7811
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by johneman View Post
Good point Tom...some are better than others though. Somedays It's so bad I almost wish that I would get called for jury duty
Start slowing down now Ken,,,,,tell your boss that you are slowing down for retirement .... If hes says anything just say, if you do not like this speed I know you will not like the next one.... Here's one for you... Go in your boss's office push all the shit on his desk, off on the floor, put your cooler on there and start eating lunch... When he comes in the door,,,, stops & looks like hes going to have a stroke.. & says WHAT ARE YOU DOING,,, Just smile and say just want to see how long its going to take your dicksniffing ass to get my last check.... YES I HAVE DONE IT & THE LOOK ON HIS FACE ....PRICELESS
Old 11-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #7812
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Exemplary Companion Dog: "Bart," a Vizsla owned by Darcy Hodges of Brooks, Georgia Bart was only three years old -- a strong, young dog from a well-planned breeding that had already completed his AKC conformation championship – when he developed a limp during hunt and field season.
The veterinarian found a lump on the top of his left shoulder and the x-rays revealed 80% of the scapula eaten away by cancer. Bart had his entire front left leg removed.
But, Bart was a true working dog. In October 2008, only four months after his amputation and three weeks after completing chemotherapy, Bart earned his Senior Hunter title and continued to the Master Hunter level. There were times during their hunt tests when judges would look sympathetically at the poor girl and her three-legged dog, but sympathy soon changed to awe as many were moved, often to tears, by Bart's courage and determination. Bart earned his Master Hunter title ten months after his amputation and became the first Vizsla in history to have completed the title with three legs.
In the summer of 2010, Darcy and Bart were invited to visit with the Wounded Warriors in Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. Later that fall, the Wounded Warriors came to Atlanta and watched Bart compete in a field trial. Most recently, nearing his eighth birthday, Bart ran fast and hard during a guided hunt with the Wounded Warriors, inspiring soldiers that had returned home without all of their limbs but were overcoming their battle scars. Exemplary Companion Dog: "Bart," a Vizsla owned by Darcy Hodges of Brooks, Georgia
Bart was only three years old -- a strong, young dog from a well-planned breeding that had already completed his AKC conformation championship – when he developed a limp during hunt and field season.
The veterinarian found a lump on the top of his left shoulder and the x-rays revealed 80% of the scapula eaten away by cancer. Bart had his entire front left leg removed.
But, Bart was a true working dog. In October 2008, only four months after his amputation and three weeks after completing chemotherapy, Bart earned his Senior Hunter title and continued to the Master Hunter level. There were times during their hunt tests when judges would look sympathetically at the poor girl and her three-legged dog, but sympathy soon changed to awe as many were moved, often to tears, by Bart's courage and determination. Bart earned his Master Hunter title ten months after his amputation and became the first Vizsla in history to have completed the title with three legs.
In the summer of 2010, Darcy and Bart were invited to visit with the Wounded Warriors in Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. Later that fall, the Wounded Warriors came to Atlanta and watched Bart compete in a field trial. Most recently, nearing his eighth birthday, Bart ran fast and hard during a guided hunt with the Wounded Warriors, inspiring soldiers that had returned home without all of their limbs but were overcoming their battle scars.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #7813
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by captchas View Post
happy belated birthday carl.
had no internet for a few days while out fishing, only sounds we had were pilot whales blowing, water against the glass hull , the sounds of the twin cats when making way trolling and the genset running. OHHH salt air cleaning out ones lungs.
we came home with about 400 pounds of yellow fin, big eye and albacore tuna and a 300 pound sword.
the wings feeling better each day and today it's back to the corvette so it's out of my garage before any snow fly's. TG for a good mechanic neighbor for his help.
sue my remaining beast even at age 11 walks me, not the other way like it should be, 100 pounds of golden it's more like trying to walk a mini pony ,
hi Puppy!!! Tell your dad to get a gentle leader and tell him you will behave much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Start slowing down now Ken,,,,,tell your boss that you are slowing down for retirement .... If hes says anything just say, if you do not like this speed I know you will not like the next one.... Here's one for you... Go in your boss's office push all the shit on his desk, off on the floor, put your cooler on there and start eating lunch... When he comes in the door,,,, stops & looks like hes going to have a stroke.. & says WHAT ARE YOU DOING,,, Just smile and say just want to see how long its going to take your dicksniffing ass to get my last check.... YES I HAVE DONE IT & THE LOOK ON HIS FACE ....PRICELESS

Quote:
Exemplary Companion Dog: "Bart," a Vizsla owned by Darcy Hodges of Brooks, Georgia Bart was only three years old -- a strong, young dog from a well-planned breeding that had already completed his AKC conformation championship – when he developed a limp during hunt and field season.
In the summer of 2010, Darcy and Bart were invited to visit with the Wounded Warriors in Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. Later that fall, the Wounded Warriors came to Atlanta and watched Bart compete in a field trial. Most recently, nearing his eighth birthday, Bart ran fast and hard during a guided hunt with the Wounded Warriors, inspiring soldiers that had returned home without all of their limbs but were overcoming their battle scars. Exemplary Companion Dog: "Bart," a Vizsla owned by Darcy Hodges of Brooks, Georgia
Bart was only three years old -- a strong, young dog from a well-planned breeding that had already completed his AKC conformation championship – when he developed a limp during hunt and field season.
In the summer of 2010, Darcy and Bart were invited to visit with the Wounded Warriors in Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. Later that fall, the Wounded Warriors came to Atlanta and watched Bart compete in a field trial. Most recently, nearing his eighth birthday, Bart ran fast and hard during a guided hunt with the Wounded Warriors, inspiring soldiers that had returned home without all of their limbs but were overcoming their battle scars.
Poor puppy. Awesome recovery.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #7814
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Evening all:
Neat story about the dog. A buddy of mine has a Doberman with a crippled leg from birth. He carries it out in front of him, and gets around on three legs. They were going to put him down, but my buddy took him. He ended up with a great dog, and the dog has a good home. That is one lucky dog!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #7815
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by captchas View Post
happy belated birthday carl.
had no internet for a few days while out fishing, only sounds we had were pilot whales blowing, water against the glass hull , the sounds of the twin cats when making way trolling and the genset running. OHHH salt air cleaning out ones lungs.
we came home with about 400 pounds of yellow fin, big eye and albacore tuna and a 300 pound sword.
the wings feeling better each day and today it's back to the corvette so it's out of my garage before any snow fly's. TG for a good mechanic neighbor for his help.
sue my remaining beast even at age 11 walks me, not the other way like it should be, 100 pounds of golden it's more like trying to walk a mini pony ,
I still have a bad left arm.. from a try to grab the cat that I did not see... You walk them ..They can not walk you..Use the belly tie on them till they walk with you. Too old to get pulled down..
Old 11-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #7816
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
I still have a bad left arm.. from a try to grab the cat that I did not see... You walk them ..They can not walk you..Use the belly tie on them till they walk with you. Too old to get pulled down..
They make a leash like that. Gotta do what works.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #7817
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
They make a leash like that. Gotta do what works.
I use a 10 ft one one time around the belly, They have 6 or 7 feet to get off in the grass....... This
Old 11-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #7818
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
I use a 10 ft one one time around the belly, They have 6 or 7 feet to get off in the grass....... This
I know... what I was saying... they make a leash like that, that you can buy now, so it must work
Old 11-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #7819
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
I know... what I was saying... they make a leash like that, that you can buy now, so it must work
works good..

Products Discussed in this Thread