Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

60+ year old thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #8081
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Jim:
What the heck is a Pinzgauer? I could look it up, but we need pics.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #8082
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
Welcome Jim:
Swiss Army Vehicles - The Prime Pinzgauer and Unimog Source

www.swissarmyvehicles.com/‎
SWISS ARMY VEHICLES - the place to buy Pinzgauer, Haflinger, Unimog and other Swiss Army vehicles, parts and surplus.

I did not know the Swiss had a Army,,
Old 11-24-2013, 03:24 AM   #8083
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLDAWG69 View Post
Guess I need to join this group since I am 65 years old.

Not a lot of wheeling on my 13 TRD Sport yet but I have wheeled my 75 Pinzgauer in places no one needs to go. Six wheels beat 4 every time.

Jim
Welcome Jim to the over 60 crowd. Post up a few pics of said vehicle.

Quote:
Welcome Jim:
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Swiss Army Vehicles - The Prime Pinzgauer and Unimog Source

www.swissarmyvehicles.com/‎
SWISS ARMY VEHICLES - the place to buy Pinzgauer, Haflinger, Unimog and other Swiss Army vehicles, parts and surplus.

Still need pics of your vehicle.

And again Welcome.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:55 AM   #8084
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
None in Bowie but it is 24 degrees in my back yard this morning.

Ordered some LED's, this morning, for a project when I receive my Homer grill in a few weeks.

I need to bust ass today and rake leaves plus get the pond ready for winter. Always something to do in the yard.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:59 AM   #8085
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Nice and clean Charles. TY for sharing the pics.

Wish the CFO would let me buy another Vette. When I was younger I had a 66 with the L72 engine option. I was very young and dumb. I believe all of us have been there at least once.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:07 AM   #8086
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FN,,,, HAPPY DANCE Hi noon,,,, Our grand NIECE is here..6lb 2 oz. on the way to see her

Congrats Jim!!! You know your getting older when the word "GRAND" is before anything...You know your ancient when the word "GREAT" is before Grand....Like my Great Grand son....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLDAWG69 View Post
Guess I need to join this group since I am 65 years old.

Not a lot of wheeling on my 13 TRD Sport yet but I have wheeled my 75 Pinzgauer in places no one needs to go. Six wheels beat 4 every time.

Jim

Welcome Jim...Always something to talk about here...Great bunch of people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by captchas View Post
here also last night, looks like about a 1/2 inch

Lucked out only flurries last night. Just cold this morning.

Been busy over at the son's house spackling, and painting and had some spare time since I was up at 5:45 a.m. so I thought I'd catch up. Not my best picture, but at 6:00 a.m. what would one expect!!!!
The primered wall is what every wall in the house looked like with holes and nail pops. Had to sink the nails, then overlap a screw head on them to keep them in then spackle, primer and paint. Almost done...Then it's clean up time and move in time....
Old 11-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #8087
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
tom have you noticed one seems to be doing more work in retirement then before? or is the honey do list simply getting longer?
Charles: My wife rarely asks me to do anything specifically for her, but when she does I usually do it very quickly. My own Honey Do list put most women to shame.

I often wonder how I was able to do so much when I was working.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #8088
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johneman View Post

Been busy over at the son's house spackling, and painting and had some spare time since I was up at 5:45 a.m. so I thought I'd catch up. Not my best picture, but at 6:00 a.m. what would one expect!!!!
The primered wall is what every wall in the house looked like with holes and nail pops. Had to sink the nails, then overlap a screw head on them to keep them in then spackle, primer and paint. Almost done...Then it's clean up time and move in time....
Doing it right!!!

My home is built with nails as well so I feel your pain. Over the years I have countersunk some nails that keep popping out so I remove them and replace with a dry wall screw. That fix seems to last.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:14 AM   #8089
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Must not be awake yet...posted without uploading the pictures....DUH
!!!
Attached Thumbnails
60+ year old thread.-20131124_064149.jpg   60+ year old thread.-20131123_154214.jpg   60+ year old thread.-20131123_154229.jpg   60+ year old thread.-20131123_154316.jpg   60+ year old thread.-20131123_154351.jpg  

Old 11-24-2013, 04:19 AM   #8090
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Ken:
If you have run out of the 3M blue tape, the next time you need to tape up a wall for painting use Frog yellow take. It leaves behind almost no sticky residue. I pick up mine at the local Sherwin Williams store. Do not confuse the Frog yellow tape with the Frog green tape.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:36 AM   #8091
Life is good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Ken:
If you have run out of the 3M blue tape, the next time you need to tape up a wall for painting use Frog yellow take. It leaves behind almost no sticky residue. I pick up mine at the local Sherwin Williams store. Do not confuse the Frog yellow tape with the Frog green tape.

Thanks for the info Tom, the kids bought the tape at Lowes. Almost done with the painting that we need taping for but I'll keep it in mind for the next paint job. Actually I'd rather not paint at all but...(I have been doing as little as possible).
Old 11-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #8092
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Welcome Jim:
x2

Quote:

Knew they did...they're just smart enough to confine themselves to defending/enforcing their own borders and interests within those borders.

Quote:
Post up a few pics of said vehicle.

Still need pics of your vehicle.

And again Welcome.
Yep we are gonna want to see it.

Quote:
I was very young and dumb. I believe all of us have been there at least once.
Who you talk in' bout?

Awesome car talk and pics!

Quote:
My own Honey Do list put most women to shame.
QFT .... And several men.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #8093
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Morning All:
Good read on the L-72. Over the yrs. I have read much on these motors. If my memory serves me correct, the Yenkos had the 450 HP sticker.
I believe I read somewhere that the HP was actually around 480, & 515 blueprinted. That would have been easy to prove on a dyno.
The two that were really under rated though, were the 2nd design OC L-88, and the ZL-1; 430 HP rated, 550HP out of the crate! And then there was the Can-Am 430. Ask the Chevy guys about that one! I think the HP rating was 600+. Those were not available in production cars.

OK, Now I know what a Pinzgauer is, but still need pics. of an owned one, not a generic one!
Old 11-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #8094
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh man l72 option now so rare a find. what a nasty idle those had. forgot the L72 was a bb motor, cleaning the garage out I found a 427 alum single holley intake for 66 last week saw they sell repops now for 350.00
I hated the weekly adjusting of valves on my .030/.030 cammed z06 .
same here i'd give up all my toys to get it and the 1936 Pontiac 3 window rumble seat I had back. that 36 had a gto 389 ram air motor ,4 speed trans in it.
Adjusting the valves was a weekly occurrence for me on the L72. I got really good at identifying the valve by listening with the valve cover on. Do not ever turn over the engine with the valve cover off. Do not ask me how I know.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #8095

Just a reminder for Tom!
Aren't they pretty!!!! Hope you don't get flashbacks!
I always adjust them running, and always had a mess. The clips do help, but still get some oil on the motor.
Attached Thumbnails
60+ year old thread.-003.jpg  
Old 11-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #8097

Morning Sue:
Old 11-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #8098
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Morning Sue:
Hi Carl....

Need to

Hope you are having a fun weekend
Old 11-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #8099
Devious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: COL, USA (Ret.)
Name: Mark
Devious6's Tacoma Gallery
Morning, Sue!!

After some TLC of hand-rubbing boiled linseed oil into the stock and a good all-around cleaning, here's that 1944 Mi1 Garand again. I hope I look that good at 70 years old. Oh, wait, there's no chance of that!!!

Old 11-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #8100
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
morning gentlemen!!
Good morning Susan. I did yesterday.

Quote:
Just a reminder for Tom!
Aren't they pretty!!!! Hope you don't get flashbacks!
I always adjust them running, and always had a mess. The clips do help, but still get some oil on the motor.
But you has oil clips, I did not have clips. I swear it looked like the oil shot 6 feet away from the engine bay.

Products Discussed in this Thread