LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

60+ year old thread.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #9882
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captchas View Post
it is fubar, re tore it on both tendons at the shoulder plus the corporal tunnel at the wrist on the same arm, ouch!!
Sorry for the bad news Cap...This is probably going to lay you up for awhile.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #9883
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Afternoon all:
Don't sound good Capt. Hope they can re fix you!

Had my finger on a sell in the Roth IRA today. I have a stock in there that doubled, and then some; but it is getting recommended as a buy. Hate to leave good money on the table; those don't come along that often! The profits I would have would completely cover the tax I had to anti up for the IRA conversion, plus almost again as much and tax free!!!! (for now)
BUT, the "GREED" factor is now in play: then again, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!
NOW: That's finally a that's worth having!!
Just looked at the volume traded on that stock, it's double the average of the last 3 mos. Just hope everyone doesn't decide to take profits at the same time!
Looked at after hrs. trading also; still going up!
Old 02-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #9884
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it is fubar, re tore it on both tendons at the shoulder plus the corporal tunnel at the wrist on the same arm, ouch!!
Really sorry to read this Charlie. Hope they can patch it back up right.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #9885
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
Afternoon all:

Had my finger on a sell in the Roth IRA today. I have a stock in there that doubled, and then some; but it is getting recommended as a buy. Hate to leave good money on the table; those don't come along that often! The profits I would have would completely cover the tax I had to anti up for the IRA conversion, plus almost again as much and tax free!!!! (for now)
BUT, the "GREED" factor is now in play: then again, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!
Just looked at the volume traded on that stock, it's double the average of the last 3 mos. Just hope everyone doesn't decide to take profits at the same time!
About time you caught a good break Carl.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #9886
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I'm just going off my experiences at the Philly VA and what the media says. I used to sell them glass and entries. I felt so bad whenever I would walk int he building. The place is/was a cesspool surrounded by immaculate buildings for U of Penn. I know my dad and brother don;t have any complaints that I have ever heard.

Likely the Philly VA just makes me think poorly about it.

Last I heard a grant was given to update it but the general contractor took all the money and ran leaving the subs empty handed. Some subs were forced to go out of business and the GC is chapter 11 as well. The old company I work for has materials sitting on the job site for years that are totally ruined at this point and were lucky to not go down with the ship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post

Where's Jim? Sounds to me like that GC needs to be hunted down and shot; or whatever the WBO's mind sees as fair I'd be fine with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Jim, thoughts. ^^^^
Old 02-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #9887
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
About time you caught a good break Carl.
YEA; Until the "Instant Robbery Service" figure out a backdoor approach to get their greedy fingers into that tax free Roth, and I'm sure they are working on just that!

Watch this! Someone makes 80k per yr., every yr. ---$104 Medicare.
Another makes 25k per yr., but rolls over an IRA that will put him over the 84k limit for 2 yrs. ---$146.90 Medicare for those 2 yrs.
Now by my math, over a 10 yr. period, the first guy will make $800K, the other guy will make 250k and will end up paying more Medicare due to the rollover. ??????????
Old 02-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #9888
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Glad I Did It.

Charlie
Very sorry to see about your MRI results. Think It's time for you to shift gears a little.......

Slept real good last night knowing i had gotten to all the roofs. Haven't seen this much snow in a long time. i have a couple of pictures that show me in the middle of winter one year apart.

My Old Plowing Page

http://home.roadrunner.com/~dakota/plow/index.html

Raining like hell now and Thunder and lightning.

The edge of the roof on the shed was up to my chest. The side is like 6 1/2 feet. I went to my waist trying to pull it off.
Work tomorrow.
Going to be a great ride in when all this freezes.....
Attached Thumbnails
60+ year old thread.-shedsnow.jpg  
Old 02-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #9890
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Morning all:

We are getting at that point where people are clearing their gutters and roof edges. Last time I put the roof on, I put the ice and water barrier on; so far so good!

Just got a letter from an accounting firm about my most recent garbage bill not being paid. I knew I paid it, and have the receipt. Maby this Twsp. secretary is also stealing! It may be time to start playing games with them, like saying "what letter", or, I paid it but can't find the receipt. Then if they hand it over to a collection agency, say--OH; I just found the receipt!!!
Normally wouldn't do that, but after what happened last time with the garbage bill, this is getting old.
Do eet!!!! Pay them idiots back

Quote:
Sorry Charlie.... Hope they can fix you up. Take it easy!

Quote:
Afternoon all:

Hope you make boatloads on it!!

To all you guys with all the snow, hope it doesn't all melt at once and flood you out for slow and steady melting.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #9891
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Afternoon all:

So just sell what you need to pay the taxes and let the rest stay in the account.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #9892
Stirlinglyon is a name known to allStirlinglyon is a name known to allStirlinglyon is a name known to allStirlinglyon is a name known to allStirlinglyon is a name known to allStirlinglyon is a name known to all
Army: 1st Lt. W/ Divarty, Ft. Ord, Ca.
Name: Ken
Stirlinglyon's Tacoma Gallery
Stirlinglyon

Old isn't all that bad. It certainly beats the alternative. What we need is a site for the over 85 guys. None of you folks can claim to have done a Le Mans start in a race car. It's now too dangerous for the candy ass generation. That's all I have to say.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #9893
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirlinglyon View Post
Old isn't all that bad. It certainly beats the alternative. What we need is a site for the over 85 guys. None of you folks can claim to have done a Le Mans start in a race car. It's now too dangerous for the candy ass generation. That's all I have to say.
We are all creatures of the times we are born into.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #9894
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirlinglyon View Post
You're over 85?
Old 02-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #9895
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
We are all creatures of the times we are born into.
Yep, half killer & half head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
You're over 85?
Old 02-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #9897
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Charlie:
At our age the repair process is not quick. I believe you already know to listen to the docs and heal properly. I think you will be surprised at the number of friends you have that will help you out during this healing time.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #9898

Afternoon all:
Hey Capt.; the post on the 20 yr. olds asking pop for gas! I'm seeing more than one 25-45 yr. old that is still bumming off of pop or mom. Seems like the ones I know have money for everything, except their bills!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #9900
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
north east ready for the possibility again? hoping not, as the 3 feet on the ground has melted down to a sloppy icy 2 each morning it's dealing with black ice making the run to starbucks
Slow down CC ,, you will mess something up and never be the same. I see life changes coming for me but hell its beats going tits up

Products Discussed in this Thread