1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Oct 11, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    johneman

johneman [OP] Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    only with steak and kidney pie:drool:....Ken

2. Oct 11, 2011 at 9:06 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Pickled shrimp? Never heard of that before...

3. Oct 11, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    mmmm pulled pork :hungry:

4. Oct 11, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    The best I can do for you now Susan is the recipe:hungry:....if you'd like it, I'll send it to you....Ken

5. Oct 11, 2011 at 9:43 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    :eek::hungry::drool::drool::drool::drool:

6. Oct 11, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    The shed is finally painted!!!

Had to pick my son up from school. He is not feeling well.

Supposed to rain tomorrow so no more shed work for me tomorrow.

7. Oct 11, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    Glad the sheds almost done...looked good in the pictures. It will certainly come in handy for storage.

I had babysitting duty today myself...granddaughter had a stomach virus and couldn't go to day care...didn't get much done today...Ken

8. Oct 11, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    I know the feeling Ken. I was going to start on the shed ramp this afternoon.

9. Oct 11, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    Enjoyed having her cause she is a good kid, but then on the other hand, can't get things done cause she needs watching....But theres always tomorrow...Ken

10. Oct 11, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    I agree there is always tomorrow.

Glad I hustled this AM and finished the painting. The ground in back of the shed will not be dry for another two weeks. I am finished with the rear of the shed.

I have a meeting tomorrow in the AM with my broker. I have a few investment questions for him.

11. Oct 11, 2011 at 7:53 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    when I had brokers, it seemed they recomended the stocks after the big gains were made, and near their highs. it's amazing how they substitute "SALESMAN" with broker,agent,account representive,account executive,advisor,etc..etc. I'm sure there's some really good ones out there. they probablly manage the largest accounts with the firm. I believe a waitress,that really knew nothing about stocks,won the million dollar challange on CNN. so much for the "pros". there's a lot of other stuff out there thats good to know. for instance; I think life insurance payout isn't taxable. seems like a good way to pass on money. everything seems to have it's pros and cons.,but a lot of traps out there,and not everything is what it seems to be. that's usually found out when it's too late. might be my imagination, but it seems like the "BOOMERS" are really getting it put to them. lets see-$1M@5%=50K --$1M@1.25%(or less)=$10.5K. quite a diff. don't even want to go to the .5% or .13% rates:eek:!!

12. Oct 12, 2011 at 2:36 AM
    Devious6

Devious6 Not your Average College President Emeritus

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Northeast Pennsyltuckyvania
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Morning all! Rain today and cooler temps - Fall is here, I guess.

We've been inversting for 25+ years now - primarily mutual funds with a base of whole life and decreasing term insurance. Switched broker firms several times and have been working with an Ameriprise firm owner for the past 7 years. We've been very pleased with the results of the past 7 years - of course we took hits as the market fluctuated but our broker has positioned us well and offered some interesting alternatives to help us grow the portfolio. On the good side, we have some years left before we plan to begin pulling funds out of the investments.

Normal work day for me today!! Have a great day and play nicely!!

13. Oct 12, 2011 at 3:28 AM
    LEEP

LEEP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    LEE
    CONNECTICUT
    Vehicle:
    O8 TACOMA TRD
    10-12-11 turned 60 to day

14. Oct 12, 2011 at 3:29 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    LOL Mark. I have only switched firms once. Switching firms is not an inexpensive thing to do. ;)

All firms will have a ton of bad remarks concerning rip-offs and the firm being lousy. However you have to judge the firm on the performance of your portfolio. The past 5 months have been very bad for any investor. My portfolio has weathered the storm better than the market average.

I feel good about that although the down turn makes me a little nervous. I need to get into a stable environment with 20 to 25% of the portfolio. This November will be another big month for the nation. So far the do nothing congress has done nothing since the April with our debt and I doubt that they will do anything that needs to be done by November. You have to remember that we elected them so in reality it is our own fault.

15. Oct 12, 2011 at 3:44 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Happy birthday Lee.

16. Oct 12, 2011 at 3:57 AM
    Devious6

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Amen, Tom! The moves we made were good ones, though. We've weathered the storm better than the market average as well. Just trying to keep to the buy low, sell high strategy.

Happy Birthday, Lee!!!

17. Oct 12, 2011 at 5:32 AM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    morning all: I think i'm about the same on this. weathered the storm better than average,thanks to utilities,and buy low sell high strategy. it's amazing that slovokia can have an effect on the market. happy birthday also to lee!!

18. Oct 12, 2011 at 5:34 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    :wave: morning all and happy birthday Lee

Woke up to a thunderstorm. The rain has stopped now and it's supposed to clear up and be a nice day here.

19. Oct 12, 2011 at 5:50 AM
    johneman

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lee:proposetoast: and welcome :wave:to the over 60 thread!!!!

Mornin' All, Lost a bundle in the market years ago:annoyed: and still have some stocks but not like before....401 and missus 403 doing fairly well...another 20 years and I'll be able to retire:laughing::laughing: !!!!
    Rain again...Grass is still growin'... Deck still not done... hope the weather is not this wet this winter:rain:...Ken

snow.jpg

20. Oct 13, 2011 at 2:25 AM
    Devious6

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Thus begins another day here in the rainforests of northeast PA. :D Yes, we had rain again, but today is supposed to be nice...until we get more rain tonight. Weekend is looking good, though.

Two days left to the work week and then on Saturday I head down to the Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society's gun show at the Allentown Fairgrounds. WooHoo!

Products Discussed in

To Top