Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

60+ year old thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2014, 04:06 AM   #12241
usn and uscgr
charlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
charlie g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johneman View Post
labor day weekend . Mahwah nj deadmans curve car show, http://deadmanscurveusa.com/main/ Parsippany nj lead east car show. https://www.leadeast.net/ bring your walking shoes or power scooter if needed,

had another veryyyyy big bear wondering around last night, had to call the cops 3 times . most have been rubber shot'ed several times before as after being hit he just laid down for a few as if OK you got me,in a cops and robbers game , got up and walked down the street as if nothing happened. another leo drove up and blasted him with a rubber slug? that made him move but only for a short time. 10 min latter we heard another round go off as he got hit a 4th time.

I know I live out in the farm/mountain country part of nj, but this bear and coyote problem has gotten out of hand. we don't go a day or hour with out seeing one or the other.
we even make the tv news with sightings. 3 days back wnbctv showed a female in butler nj wondering with 5 cubs, 5 cubs from 1 female?? no wonder we have so many now,
Old 08-16-2014, 04:26 AM   #12242
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie g View Post
labor day weekend . Mahwah nj deadmans curve car show, http://deadmanscurveusa.com/main/ Parsippany nj lead east car show. https://www.leadeast.net/ bring your walking shoes or power scooter if needed,

had another veryyyyy big bear wondering around last night, had to call the cops 3 times . most have been rubber shot'ed several times before as after being hit he just laid down for a few as if OK you got me,in a cops and robbers game , got up and walked down the street as if nothing happened. another leo drove up and blasted him with a rubber slug? that made him move but only for a short time. 10 min latter we heard another round go off as he got hit a 4th time.

I know I live out in the farm/mountain country part of nj, but this bear and coyote problem has gotten out of hand. we don't go a day or hour with out seeing one or the other.
we even make the tv news with sightings. 3 days back wnbctv showed a female in butler nj wondering with 5 cubs, 5 cubs from 1 female?? no wonder we have so many now,
Morning Chas. ..they are moving in . we have had quite a few sightings down here and according to "officials" the bears had to be euthanized do to the fact they had injuries sustained from being hit by a car or truck. Yet there were no reports of an accident involving the bear
Someone has some bear steaks in the freezer...I was up in Hillside NJ yesterday and listening to 101.5 talking about sharks off the Jersey shore. Same problem with them moving in. They all have one thing in common...they go to where the food is.
Hows the health issues coming along(still hacking?)...packed for vacation yet?
Old 08-16-2014, 05:16 AM   #12243
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
The letters on tw have changed
Old 08-16-2014, 05:19 AM   #12244
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Morning all.

See there, a good cover story for the tree huggers, swap the rubber bullets for lead, and you get results. The NJ boys should take a page outta the PA boys playbook.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:22 AM   #12245
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
The letters on tw have changed
I don't see a difference.

Hey WBO, How does the replacement headlight deal work? Is it tied to the melting dtrl thing. My '07 doesn't have dtrl to my knowledge.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:19 AM   #12246
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
I don't see a difference.

Hey WBO, How does the replacement headlight deal work? Is it tied to the melting dtrl thing. My '07 doesn't have dtrl to my knowledge.
At 6 this morning the letters were not the same,, now they are
I dont have DRL on mine but the lens on the turn signal had a small burn spot on it.====New lights
Old 08-16-2014, 06:47 AM   #12247
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At 6 this morning the letters were not the same,, now they are
I dont have DRL on mine but the lens on the turn signal had a small burn spot on it.====New lights
Gonna need to do a close up inspection on mine. Probably not hot enough here to do that, but I'll have to take a look. Plan to run the truck as long as possible ... resetting the clock on any part is a win. Thanks.

Like the new sig pic ... it is getting onto that time of year.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:01 AM   #12248
Banned
Quote:
Gonna need to do a close up inspection on mine. Probably not hot enough here to do that, but I'll have to take a look. Plan to run the truck as long as possible ... resetting the clock on any part is a win. Thanks.

Like the new sig pic ... it is getting onto that time of year.
Yes time to start the back yard whoa reinforcement..
Old 08-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #12249
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Evening all:
6 birds, 5 shell casings: 2 with 1 shot?
BTW-Nice job!
Old 08-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #12252
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Evening Carl and Susan.
how's it going rob?
Old 08-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #12253
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
Evening all:
6 birds, 5 shell casings: 2 with 1 shot?
BTW-Nice job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
evening boys

Quote:
Evening Carl and Susan.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #12254
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

hi Jim
Old 08-17-2014, 04:37 AM   #12256
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
Morning Tom, Hope the rain holds off for you. Have a great day.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:37 AM   #12257
usn and uscgr
charlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shedcharlie g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
charlie g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johneman View Post
Morning Chas. ..they are moving in . we have had quite a few sightings down here and according to "officials" the bears had to be euthanized do to the fact they had injuries sustained from being hit by a car or truck. Yet there were no reports of an accident involving the bear
Someone has some bear steaks in the freezer...I was up in Hillside NJ yesterday and listening to 101.5 talking about sharks off the Jersey shore. Same problem with them moving in. They all have one thing in common...they go to where the food is.
Hows the health issues coming along(still hacking?)...packed for vacation yet?
yes lots of sharks off nj this summer the water has been warmer then normal with a over abundance of bait fish close to the beaches. last time out we saw a white about a 1/2 mile out from Barnegat inlet feeding on bunker of amounts not seen in years, even the tuna are closer in, I only ran 20 miles out to get into school yellow and long fin.
bears were back again last night, neighbor was pissed enough to fire into the ground near it, so big it didn't move just went after his garbage can after pushing his 6 foot high fence over, this one we nick named Volkswagen he is so big about 1/2 the size of a old air cooled beetle. his foot print was 11 inches toe to heal .

still hacking what ever it is won't leave, going back to the doctor Tuesday morning. hope he gets it out of me fast, got 5 weeks before I go back in
Old 08-17-2014, 08:39 AM   #12258
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie g View Post
yes lots of sharks off nj this summer the water has been warmer then normal with a over abundance of bait fish close to the beaches. last time out we saw a white about a 1/2 mile out from Barnegat inlet feeding on bunker of amounts not seen in years, even the tuna are closer in, I only ran 20 miles out to get into school yellow and long fin.
bears were back again last night, neighbor was pissed enough to fire into the ground near it, so big it didn't move just went after his garbage can after pushing his 6 foot high fence over, this one we nick named Volkswagen he is so big about 1/2 the size of a old air cooled beetle. his foot print was 11 inches toe to heal .

still hacking what ever it is won't leave, going back to the doctor Tuesday morning. hope he gets it out of me fast, got 5 weeks before I go back in
Old 08-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #12259
Life Member
PaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Glenn
PaPaSpeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes time to start the back yard whoa reinforcement..
It looks like the ole 20ga. Rem 1100. Nice.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #12260
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Afternoon all
Nice shooting Jim.
Father had a 1100 12 gauge. I won a few shoots with it.
Long time ago.
Hope you get better Charlie.... Being sick has been hanging on a lot more this year.

Trial fitted the snow cab. Fits ok. Way to big but that's ok. If I ever build one I will have a template to work off of.
Disconnected every safety device on the JD.
Was causing major aggravation and loss of concentration.
Backing up 50% of the time and having to bush buttons while trying to back up is not my idea of safety.
Will make it so much easier blowing snow.....
Added some drift cutters to the blower from one of my spare units.
All painted purdy like...
Had a good day fishing yesterday. Caught a few 3 pounders.
Got invited to a Bass fishing tournament in late September.
One more week before vacation.
No word on the Elva race car yet. Will find out soon if it's going to Lime Rock.
Lotus 30 is being retrofitted with a dry sump system and a new trans for ratio changes. That maybe ready for the race after Watkins Glen.
I have no more time available to crew so next race is it for the year.
Have 4 flooded cars from the big storm we had. One guy was smart and shut the car off right away and didn't open the doors.
Looks like a new carpet and insulation will fix him.
The others, not so smart.
So far 2 hydro locked engines and electronic gremlins.
Going to be such fun for the shop the next few weeks.
Hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Products Discussed in this Thread