Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

60+ year old thread.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2014, 04:35 AM   #12441
DCLBFTMFW ;)
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
It is doable but does not happen consistently. Even if I do not set an alarm I usually wake up by 5:45.
I gave up on setting an alarm. I wake up around 4 and usually kinda doze in and out until 5 ish. I will admit though that I get to bed at ~8 and usually sleep by no later than 10.. Many laugh at me for that but I reply with you wake up at 4-5 and come talk to me - and do it for 10 years lol
Old 09-05-2014, 06:41 AM   #12442
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaSpeed View Post
Evening all.
Just got home from a nice night at the trap range, and rubbed up a Boston butt to pop in the smoker in the am. Should have some tasty pulled pork by dinner time.
Morning all:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
Yes it does
And why is it that the only people awake are in this thread
Usually just getting home from fishing for walleyes all night!!!! This being on pension is tough!!!!

Just saw something funny on TV. They put a spider costume on a dog and left it run around. People were freaking out when they saw what they thought was a giant spider running around.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #12443
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Morning Cool Old Dudes and Susan.

Back from Chicken. The herd wasn't there, so no caribou. Fun camping trip and 6x6 got a good workout. We couldn't wait around for them to get there, heard lots of rumors, but most valid seems to be they are hanging around Circle, AK, about 400 miles NW of Chicken, and not moving south yet. We had to come back to process moose quarters we left hanging in Randy's garage. We might go back if reports indicate they are moving down. Just have to see, it was cold Tuesday night/Wednesday morning (in the teens).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post

This was our camp.

Pic of the valley we hunt. We've had good luck here previous two years. Maybe we'll try again next week depending on what the fish and game reports say.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #12444
Life Member
PaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Glenn
PaPaSpeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Back from Chicken. The herd wasn't there, so no caribou. Fun camping trip and 6x6 got a good workout. We couldn't wait around for them to get there, heard lots of rumors, but most valid seems to be they are hanging around Circle, AK, about 400 miles NW of Chicken, and not moving south yet. We had to come back to process moose quarters we left hanging in Randy's garage. We might go back if reports indicate they are moving down. Just have to see, it was cold Tuesday night/Wednesday morning (in the teens).
Looks like beautiful country. Hope you get back and harvest one. Perhaps they'll cooperate soon.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #12445
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Paging Jim: They are looking for a an 8000 lb wench.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post9125932
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post9131738

Quote:

Old 09-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #12447
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
Evening all;
No chickens at Caribou, and no caribou at Chicken.
Never mind, just thinking too much!

Too bad on the hunt Rob, but they will migrate through there. Hope you can return to get one. Beautiful country!!!
Old 09-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #12448
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Pic was removed but not from my email notice. I must say the pic was very appropriate for what was requested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
They took it down ,,The PC police are everywhere..
Old 09-06-2014, 05:00 AM   #12449
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'll be posting the same when you talk about quail camp a little later this Fall. I'd sure like to do some of that style hunting again one of these years; such good memories. Gonna have to bust up a piggy bank or two eventually and plan a trip.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:04 AM   #12450
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie g View Post
what no snow up there yet?? hope you get one before it does start to fly.
We had snow flurries overnight and into the morning Tuesday/Wednesday. Pics were from Monday evening and Tuesday morning.

How you feeling Charlie?
Old 09-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #12452
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
I'll be posting the same when you talk about quail camp a little later this Fall. I'd sure like to do some of that style hunting again one of these years; such good memories. Gonna have to bust up a piggy bank or two eventually and plan a trip.
Almost time
Old 09-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #12453
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Old 09-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #12454
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie g View Post
local weather garoo here thinks we will see snow early oct , won't be the first time. seen it 6 times since we moved in 1987.
felling like a bull dozer ran me over still. no brass to get going and lots of people wanting their hot rods fixed. turned down 4 very big repower jobs. told the marina to pull my searay 1st week of oct, clean, winterize and shrink wrap it. something I normally do. 11th I see the doctor about this neck issue, should be having it fixed by early oct.
PM inbound.

Quote:
Think I will try your bacon wrapped corn with old bay seasoning today. Plan on grilling some salmon as well.

Quote:
Yep, that did it.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #12455
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Almost time
Jim,
Have you ever heard of a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon? Caught them on one of the hunting shows recently; think they were hunting somewhere in the mountains northern Arizona, it was snow flurrying on them. Made me think they might be a good dog for hunting Ptarmigan and grouse up here. Since my bird hunting buddy moved down there to Tyndall AFB, I'm itching to get a bird dog.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #12456
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Jim,
Have you ever heard of a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon? Caught them on one of the hunting shows recently; think they were hunting somewhere in the mountains northern Arizona, it was snow flurrying on them. Made me think they might be a good dog for hunting Ptarmigan and grouse up here. Since my bird hunting buddy moved down there to Tyndall AFB, I'm itching to get a bird dog.
Yes seen some of them down here. One was a bird finding machine. The others not so much.. Just have to make sure the people that have the pups are into hunting also. The one I really liked came out of Minn.. I might be able to get the kennel name for you if you want it.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #12457
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes seen some of them down here. One was a bird finding machine. The others not so much.. Just have to make sure the people that have the pups are into hunting also. The one I really liked came out of Minn.. I might be able to get the kennel name for you if you want it.
If you can, that'd be cool. I'll put it on file. Probably looking at next Spring, but Minnesota would work well, as we usually fly into and out of Minneapolis when we go back to Iowa to visit my wife's family. Thanks WBO! I appreciate it.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #12458
Life Member
PaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaPaSpeed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Glenn
PaPaSpeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Almost time
I love that picture. Beautiful dog.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #12459
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaSpeed View Post
I love that picture. Beautiful dog.
1990 Our 1st Viszla
Old 09-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #12460
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If that looks like a joke to you ,,We need to talk.

GRILLED BACON CORN ON THE COB
**DIRECTIONS**
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
Sprinkle each ear of corn with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper, and wrap each ear with 2 slices of bacon, covering the ear as completely as possible. (A big ear might need 3 pieces of bacon.) Wrap the ears in aluminum foil, twisting the ends tightly to seal.
Place the wrapped corn on the preheated grill, and grill on high heat until the corn is hot, about 10 minutes per side. Turn the heat to Low, and grill the corn until the bacon is cooked and the corn is tender, about 45 minutes.:drool :
Doing this right now. Hope it is as good as it looked. I used Old Bay for the seasoning.

Products Discussed in this Thread