1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

60+ year old thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by johneman, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Mar 25, 2015 at 4:10 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    :wave: Morning Ken

2. Mar 25, 2015 at 8:44 AM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    Kitchen looks better every day Tom!

Cheech, I hear you regarding deep drawers. We had two put in as part of our kitchen remodel. All the pots, pans, colanders and so on are in there, and you just pull the drawer out, look in, and bingo - there's what you need. Our kitchen contractor also put pull-out shelves in all of the under-counter cabinets, which does the same for them in terms of making it easier to find stuff.

Oh and :wave: everyone else too including Paul if you're lurking. Anyone know where Susan might have gotten off to?

3. Mar 25, 2015 at 9:15 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    All the drawers and shelves up to shoulder level are pull out and have easy glide closing hardware.

All shelves higher than shoulder level are fixed but I an refinishing a wooden stool for easy reach access. The stool is made by the Putnam Rolling Ladder Company and was my fathers.

The features in the kitchen are really growing on me. The easy glide/quiet close features are just too nice not to have.

4. Mar 25, 2015 at 9:17 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Shtuff
    In for pics of that stool. :popcorn:

:cool:

5. Mar 25, 2015 at 9:24 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :spy: I'm here. Just busy these days. =)

How're you doing?

6. Mar 25, 2015 at 9:30 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    It may be beat up but it will be beautiful when finished. I actually have a second stool that is oak finished. These stools are oak. This one have been doing garage duty for a long long time. I think my dad was given this stool when he retired in the mid 70's. The local phone company uses them for a wide varity of tasks. I will post up pics of the refinishing. I will probably start after Easter.

[​IMG]

Link to purchase stool. The stool in question is item K but has a grab hole in the top of the stool.
    http://www.putnamrollingladder.com/stools.html

7. Mar 25, 2015 at 9:39 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Shtuff
    That's a very cool old stool. I'm sure it will come out beautiful. I love old wood stuff like that. :cool:

8. Mar 25, 2015 at 9:41 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Plan on taking it apart, all the wood pieces are screwed together, and replace the brass screws if needed after refinishing the pieces. Should be easier this way.

9. Mar 25, 2015 at 10:42 AM
    wdb

wdb intolerance intolerant

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    the perimeter
    Vehicle:
    plain jane
    Hella 4000 eurobeams, Amp Bed Step, IamMrYo mirror riser, Wet Okoles, HomerTaco satoshi, retrofit intermittent wipers & backup camera
    Hi Susan, I'm good thanks - busy too, like you.

We found a stepstool in an antique shop as our kitchen was being done. Seemed like kismet so we bought it. It can be used as a sitting stool; the top folds in half which allows the steps to be accessed. I'll try to remember to post a pic.

EDIT: Looking closer at that Putnam step it appears to be the kind they'd put at the train door so passengers could get on/off the train. That's pretty cool!

10. Mar 25, 2015 at 3:55 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Evening all
    Hope all is well...

Fyi

PEOPLE SUCK.....

11. Mar 26, 2015 at 4:52 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Yup, when you are in a service industry people suck.

12. Mar 26, 2015 at 4:57 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Shtuff
    :wave: Morning folks.

Yep, I hate them. ;)

13. Mar 26, 2015 at 12:44 PM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Backsplash tile went up today.

[​IMG]

14. Mar 26, 2015 at 1:34 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    Evening all:
    Looking better and better Tom!

15. Mar 27, 2015 at 3:44 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    THX Carl. Buying the paint today.

16. Mar 28, 2015 at 7:00 AM
    gologit

gologit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    In the redwoods.
    Vehicle:
    2023 SR5 4x4 long bed
    Nothing major or fancy. Just stuff to make it work better for me. Running boards, seat covers, BakFlip
    Good morning MQQSE and all.

I don't have much experience with the small Huskies. I run Stihls and they tend toward the larger saws...660s, 661s, and 880s.

I do know that Husky makes a fine saw and whichever model he picks, properly cared for, run within it's capabilities, and maintained per the manufacturer's specs will probably do a good job for him.

Fresh fuel correctly mixed, keeping the air filter clean, a sharp chain, and keeping the carb adjusted will help prolong the life of the saw. These are all easy things to do and there's a ton of information out there to help a guy do it himself.

That being said, the one thing I wouldn't do is buy the saw from one of the big box stores. If you need warranty work, parts, repairs, or even advice they usually can't help you on-site. They'll probably have to send the saw out. That's a PITA.
    Find a regular saw dealer, somebody who specializes in OPE, and buy from them. Much better way to go.

I'll save the lectures on safety and PPE for another time.:)

Here's a good source for saw info. There's a lot of BS, a lot of opinionated people...including me... a lot of blind brand loyalty, and a lot of everything else you'll find on an enthusiast web site but if you dig deep enough and ask enough questions it's a goldmine of information.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/forums/homeowner-helper-forum.3/

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/forums/chainsaw.9/

17. Mar 28, 2015 at 8:28 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Shtuff
    :wave: Morning all.

Bob, thank you for the advice and links. I'll pass them on to him. Appreciate it. :cool:

18. Mar 28, 2015 at 8:48 AM
    tomeverard

tomeverard Well-Known Member

Member:
    66 yo here. Just bought my first Tacoma 2015 dcsb 4x4 off road. Changed all the branding to black (bought off ebay. Weather tech mats. Flyzeye added. Seat covers...hard wire radar detector. In Michigan....retiring in 6 months and gonna buy a Casita Travel Trailer and head to Az. Also installed Etang tri fold bed cover.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  19. Mar 28, 2015 at 9:23 AM
    95SLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Welcome to the thread. Sounds like you are moving right along with finding a cure for the Mod Bug. ;)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  20. Mar 28, 2015 at 10:18 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    My grandma had a stool I would have loved to have. Don't know what happened to it. :(

:wave: afternoon boys

Products Discussed in

To Top