Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

my experience tonight with "talkers" in a movie theater

Old 06-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
my experience tonight with "talkers" in a movie theater

so my wife and i go to this particular theater in westminster. most of the time, people are respectful of the others around them and they are quiet with their talking before the movie and dont talk during the movie. however, every now and then, we end up sitting in front a group of teenagers who are talking loudly, giggling, playing on their phones, etc. essentially they are being disruptive. sometimes, we get up and move a row down or sometimes my wife will get up and go over to them and nicely ask them to be quiet. usually, however, their silence is short lived. we end up being at the mercy of them.... ya, i guess we could go get a manager to deal with the situation..

so, tonight my wife chose a seat in the 2nd row from the back. after i came in to meet her, we both commented about the 3 teenage girls who were sitting behind us. we both thought, "here we go again." "but maybe they will be quiet once the movie starts." the theater was still moderately lit and nothing had started. the 3 girls were being very loud with their laughing and giggling. they were responding to their text messages and you could see the light from all 3 phones that they were using. they were also running up and down the aisles and bumping into our chairs and a few times they brushed against my wifes head. there were other people in the theater who were looking back as they heard the noise from the 3 girls as well. others were definately aware of the girls disturbance.

so, the house lights went down and the theater branding "movies" came on. after about 5 minutes, the girls kept their seats, but were still carrying on as loudly as before. the previews began and my wife leaned over and asked if we should move down a row. i said lets wait until the movie starts... maybe they will be quiet then. well, 3 previews went by and i couldnt remember what i had just watched because all i was listening to was teenage dribble.

so i turned around in my chair, faced the girls, and sternly said, "girls, its time to be quiet." they responded with a smart-assed, "okaaaayyyyy."
i dont know what it was..... maybe i didnt want to be at the mercy of this attitude, maybe i didnt want to have to move to another seat, maybe i was just sick and tired of this kind of behavior. soooo.... i stood up, leaned closer to them, and yelled, "seriously, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" i then stared at them for about 5 seconds with a scowl on my face. their eyes got really big and they politely said, "okay".

when i turned around to sit back down, everyone within about 3-4 rows had turned to see what the yelling was about and were looking at me, but no one said a word to me. and.... the theater was quiet for the rest of the movie. it was actually nice to sit and enjoy a movie without those kind of disruptions.

i probably could have handled that a little better and my wife said that she was a little embarrassed from the situation, but did agree that the theater was quiet after that.

i am sure some of you guys have experienced something like this before. how have you dealt with this situation?

/sigh [/rant-off]
Old 06-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! I wish I had done something like that today...it was along those lines but it was 2-3 guys. They eventually quieted down after they saw no one was amused by their loud mouth rantings and stupid bullshit comments.

I was spectating at the shock therapy obstacle at the Tough Mudder....lol
Old 06-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Been there done that brother... nothin' pisses me off more.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
so my wife and i go to this particular theater in westminster. most of the time, people are respectful of the others around them and they are quiet with their talking before the movie and dont talk during the movie. however, every now and then, we end up sitting in front a group of teenagers who are talking loudly, giggling, playing on their phones, etc. essentially they are being disruptive. sometimes, we get up and move a row down or sometimes my wife will get up and go over to them and nicely ask them to be quiet. usually, however, their silence is short lived. we end up being at the mercy of them.... ya, i guess we could go get a manager to deal with the situation..

so, tonight my wife chose a seat in the 2nd row from the back. after i came in to meet her, we both commented about the 3 teenage girls who were sitting behind us. we both thought, "here we go again." "but maybe they will be quiet once the movie starts." the theater was still moderately lit and nothing had started. the 3 girls were being very loud with their laughing and giggling. they were responding to their text messages and you could see the light from all 3 phones that they were using. they were also running up and down the aisles and bumping into our chairs and a few times they brushed against my wifes head. there were other people in the theater who were looking back as they heard the noise from the 3 girls as well. others were definately aware of the girls disturbance.

so, the house lights went down and the theater branding "movies" came on. after about 5 minutes, the girls kept their seats, but were still carrying on as loudly as before. the previews began and my wife leaned over and asked if we should move down a row. i said lets wait until the movie starts... maybe they will be quiet then. well, 3 previews went by and i couldnt remember what i had just watched because all i was listening to was teenage dribble.

so i turned around in my chair, faced the girls, and sternly said, "girls, its time to be quiet." they responded with a smart-assed, "okaaaayyyyy."
i dont know what it was..... maybe i didnt want to be at the mercy of this attitude, maybe i didnt want to have to move to another seat, maybe i was just sick and tired of this kind of behavior. soooo.... i stood up, leaned closer to them, and yelled, "seriously, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" i then stared at them for about 5 seconds with a scowl on my face. their eyes got really big and they politely said, "okay".

when i turned around to sit back down, everyone within about 3-4 rows had turned to see what the yelling was about and were looking at me, but no one said a word to me. and.... the theater was quiet for the rest of the movie. it was actually nice to sit and enjoy a movie without those kind of disruptions.

i probably could have handled that a little better and my wife said that she was a little embarrassed from the situation, but did agree that the theater was quiet after that.

i am sure some of you guys have experienced something like this before. how have you dealt with this situation?

/sigh [/rant-off]
i've tried the management route to no avail and have had to resort to your method when it comes to those damn kids...what i don't get though is the people who bring little kids to an R rated film and let them run amuck throughout the movie.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
IluvmyTACO is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
IluvmyTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Haha thats awesome man! I personally hate when kids are annoying in movie theaters. Yesterday i saw Bad Teacher with some friends and a group of 5 boys about 13-14 years old who clearly thought that they were "the shit" would not be quiet. so i felt that a good old "shut the fuck up u stupid little itches" was sufficient enough to settle their behavior.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations my friend-you administered some badly needed discipline to some obviously defiant and arrogant kids. Good for you.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
I had a similar episode with girls kicking my chair at the theater and after several attempts to get them to stop I grabbed one's shoe and chucked it across the theater. I was not bothered moving forward and she didn't go after her shoe until the end of the movie.

I likely would have done a similar thing to what you did.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Ahaha, I would never have the courage to yell that. Rep added
Old 06-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #10
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
I wish we could do that in here with some of the smart ass kids.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #11
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that pisses me off. Almost as much as people who quote the long OP
Old 06-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #14
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
i've tried the management route to no avail and have had to resort to your method when it comes to those damn kids...what i don't get though is the people who bring little kids to an R rated film and let them run amuck throughout the movie.
x2. I can't stand going to the movies anymore because of the damn kids talking and running around. I have told a few of them to stfu. Tickets aren't cheap. I am not gonna sit and listen to why Bobby broke up with Suzie or shit like that.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #15
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
Don't be embarrassed. Good for you. You paid to watch a movie that is probably over priced but you are there to watch a movie. Not hear some snotty spoiled girls screw it up
Old 06-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #16
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Girl View Post
Don't be embarrassed. Good for you. You paid to watch a movie that is probably over priced but you are there to watch a movie. Not hear some snotty spoiled girls screw it up
heh... my wife just said, "amen sister" to that
Old 06-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #17
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
Hi wifey.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
heh... my wife just said, "amen sister" to that
Old 06-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #18
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
You should have pulled your gun and put a couple rounds in the ceiling.. that usually clears them out pretty quickly
Old 06-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #19
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
JERK!

J/k teach those hoochies a thing or two
Old 06-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #20
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Is this the old guys thread again?

lol j/k