1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

red light camera

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by samsung, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Jul 11, 2011 at 6:14 PM
    wdinfla

wdinfla Can't Fix Stupid

Member:
    First Name:
    Walt
    Melbourne, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 4 cyl, 5 speed, Pyrite Mica
    Front mud flaps, Seat covers by GT Covers, Hurst shifter T-handle, debadged, 15" antenna, In channel Vent-Visors, Undercover SE tonneau cover, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, Redline Tuning hood struts, Bed mat, Intermittent wiper switch, Leather armrests, Drag DR-33 Gunmetal Grey 15x7 +40 offset, BFG Radial T/A's 255/60R15, BHLM, OEM style Fog lights on anytime,
    Take the camera to court. Don't you have the right to face your accuser in court? It's in the law somewhere.

2. Jul 11, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    howdy lol

yeah its bullshit. all about generating revenue. its just lame because they put it to a vote and we won then all of the sudden it was never supposed to be on the ballot

fuckin a man

3. Jul 11, 2011 at 6:17 PM
    wdinfla

wdinfla Can't Fix Stupid

Member:
    First Name:
    Walt
    Melbourne, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 4 cyl, 5 speed, Pyrite Mica
    Front mud flaps, Seat covers by GT Covers, Hurst shifter T-handle, debadged, 15" antenna, In channel Vent-Visors, Undercover SE tonneau cover, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, Redline Tuning hood struts, Bed mat, Intermittent wiper switch, Leather armrests, Drag DR-33 Gunmetal Grey 15x7 +40 offset, BFG Radial T/A's 255/60R15, BHLM, OEM style Fog lights on anytime,
    Also heard you can get a ticket from the camera turning right on a red light after stopping. No more right turns on red.

4. Jul 11, 2011 at 6:19 PM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    hell yeah and if it doesnt show up you win right? lol

and if he does just wait for him in the parking lot and really tell him how you feel:infantry:

like office space on the printer lol

5. Jul 11, 2011 at 6:37 PM
    Natetroknot

Natetroknot Experiencing TW at several WTFs per thread

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Dubuque, IA
    Vehicle:
    19 Sport AC-6MT
    I got hit with one of these cameras back in 1997 in Colorado. I road tripped there with my dad's car and the ticket was mailed to him at his address.

Long story short, CO got away with this for quite a few years I was told, until somebody rich enough to hire a slew of lawyers fought it and won - it seems that the state of Colorado once had some "fine print" that all traffic tickets are to be served in person.

Shortly thereafter that fine print was omitted I was told.

I guess my point is, if you got the time and money you can fight anything in court.....but it's a helluva lot easier for most guys to just pay attention and drive right.

Pay up homeboy.

6. Jul 11, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    samsung

samsung [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner doublecab TRD Offroad
    undercover lid/Ipod integration kit/Pop n lock/bed rug, fumoto drain valve, full piping Wet Okole covers, Blacked out badges, Lamin-X fog light cover yellow, window tint, ARB deluxe bumper with fog light kit,DSM UCA'S,3 support shrockworks sliders,complete OME lift with 886X coil and dakar leaf spring with 3 degree axle shims and center pin lenghtener,warn VR10000 winch,amsteele blue synthetic rope, daystar winch isolator, daystar delrin rollers, IPF 900xs Extreme Driving H9 Kit 900XSD (900XSD),Horn on fire with shot Penning,
    I just logged in the PD website and saw the video and picture of it. and FYI I did not run through the red light. I made an illegal right turn. the light had a red right arrow and i guess i wasn't paying attention and made a right anyways. No worries i just paid it. $100 for the fine and $2.95 for the fee. next time i'll pay more attention.

7. Jul 11, 2011 at 7:29 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    X1 :smack:

8. Jul 11, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    are you serious?

9. Jul 11, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    Teniente

Teniente Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City, NV/Ensenada, Baja California, MX
    Vehicle:
    White 2006 SR5 DCSB 4x4

First, they have to prove it was you that was driving the vehicle. The burden of proof is on the prosecution.

Second, they can't make you tell who was driving the vehicle if it wasn't you

10. Jul 11, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Up here, there's red light cameras, and there is also Green light cameras that are just speed cameras using the same set up as the Red Light ones.

There was a thing going around earlier this year, that back in 2010, the green light cameras were not calibrated properly, and everyone who got a ticket was refunded. Ended up costing the city hundreds of thousands of dollars.

11. Jul 11, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Seems so simple , doesn't it .

12. Jul 11, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    MAPLENUTS

MAPLENUTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVEN
    East Coast, USA
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT TACOMA 4X4 L/B
    Stock
    Well, here's my take....
    1.Slow down and live.
    2.Pay the Ticket, and chalk it up to a lesson.
    3.If like in NY, if you don't pay, it won't go away, you won't be able to renew your tags.
    4.I can find better things to do with my money, so don't break the law.
    5.If you feel you are not guilty, then fight it, although simply ignoring it makes it less likely of winning your claim.
    6.In NY, it is the vehicle that is charged, no matter who is driving. No points on your license, but the registration is at risk means
    no registration, no Tacoma.

My wife got popped with a red light camera, and there was no denying it was her; arm out the window, and could almost see her.

13. Jul 11, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    mjohn617

mjohn617 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Petaluma, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC TRD sprt silver
    Haha...not doing it...can't make me!
    Pay that shit! Unless you were pro-active and were able to prove in some way that you shouldn't pay or were not in the wrong, pay it or it will come back to get you.

Not paying a ticket is like starting shit with the wrong people in your neighborhood, it will just take some time until you walk into a restaurant or a bar and BOOM, you have problems.

In this situation you have your local LEO to explain to and they aren't going to give a crap one way or the other, they have a job to do and they are good at what they do.

14. Jul 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    A recent study in Los Angeles showed that people running red lights has dropped from these cameras and insurance companies have reported that rear enders have increased from people slamming on the brakes to avoid going through yellow lights. There is a hold on new camera installs. Personally, I agree with the 'slow the hell down' theory.

15. Jul 11, 2011 at 10:51 PM
    toy02ota

toy02ota Local TW dissenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Brownsville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2005 Chevy Silverado
    The town I live in has the red light cameras as well as a speed camera that is mobile. As in they have the equipment set up in a explorer and set up random places. There's been talk of fighting the city over them because of the inability to see your accuser, as well as something about the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" being misconstrued. All it is is revenue generators for the city.

16. Jul 12, 2011 at 2:51 AM
    psmcn

psmcn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Rockville Md
    My daughter had a car that was registered in my name and she racked up a bunch of camera speeding tickets and parking tickets in DC. We're talking $1500 or more before increases. Because it was registered to me I got the tickets. In DC I was able to say she was the primary driver so that made her responsible to pay the tickets. The collection agency went after her not me. She worked it out with DC but it was a PITA for her. One of life's lessons for her and yes I have to be a hard ass as a parent sometimes. How else will she learn. Anyway, if you're not the primary driver you may have some leeway, but don't count on it.

If I were you, which I'm not, I would pay it off sooner rather than later to avoid the exponential increase of the ticket amount.

17. Jul 13, 2011 at 6:18 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Orlando is full of red light cams with more to come. Before the cams went up when you got the green you had to sit for 10 cars who were running red lights. Me and the other half dont run red lights so I for one am glad to see the blue lights on top of the red lights, turned Orl. back into the USA... Jim

18. Jul 13, 2011 at 6:23 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Yo neighbor...if you think the ticket was unwarranted then I suggest you contact David Sprecher and see if they can do something about it.

19. Jul 13, 2011 at 6:23 AM
    AuburnTaco

AuburnTaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Auburn
    Vehicle:
    Black 2010 4x4 SR5 DC
    Wind deflectors, bug and stone deflector, RollBak Tonneau Cover

They will get you if you don't stop for the required 3 seconds before you turn. I guess it helps traffic but they are just a pain in the ass. There is a major debate about them because its basically a big brother sort of tactic, but they have noticed a lot less violations since they have been up (obviously).

20. Jul 13, 2011 at 6:39 AM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    we also have the same issue in one of the towns north of me. People are constantly rear ending each other to stop at the lights. If only they were smart and dropped their speed before approaching the intersection.. it wouldn't happen as much!

Products Discussed in

To Top