Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Plastidip or LET?

Old 07-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kins
CopyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb DERP or LET?

For anyone who has used both derp and liquid electrical tape would you say that they could be used interchangeably on large projects? I am looking to coat a motherboard with plasti-dip if will at a minimum keep moisture out and withstand ambient temps of ~-30 Celsius and all because I would much prefer not to drop more $$ on LET if its pretty much the same stuff.

You thoughts are appreciated.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't Plasti-Derp........stuff isn't that great to be honest.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I wouldn't Plasti-Derp........stuff isn't that great to be honest.
Not that great for the application I am looking at?
Old 07-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I don't think it'll withstand the temps...

Go with quality on this one and do LET.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
skeeert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Yeah, I don't think it'll withstand the temps...

Go with quality on this one and do LET.
Yeah that is my only real concern. I guess the price of a can of LET is better than the price of my mobo. Thnx
Old 07-30-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Just my two cents.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
If you use plasti dip you won't even need a mother board, the plasti dip has computers in it. Plus your computer will gain horse power
Old 07-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #8
skeeert

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
If you use plasti dip you won't even need a mother board, the plasti dip has computers in it. Plus your computer will gain horse power
Derp?

I would prefer GHz gained instead.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #9
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyTaco View Post
Derp?

I would prefer GHz gained instead.
I would like to see pictures of the final project.. This interests me!