Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

2011 F-150 vs 2011 Tundra

View Poll Results: Which Truck?
2011 Toyota Tundra 240 66.12%
2011 Ford F-150 123 33.88%
Voters: 363. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
2011 F-150 vs 2011 Tundra

I'm really liking the F-150, and well once the younger brother starts driving he more than likely will get my truck and we're planning to get another truck, but this time a full size truck.

I know what the pop wants, he want's a somewhat long bed; The CrewMax kills bed size because of the bigger cab so I know he prefers the double cab (6.5ft bed), the F-150 has a 4 Door "CrewMax" also, but unlike the tundra you still get the 6.5ft bed. Plus for the F-150

Towing Capacity is less on the F-150, but not really a priority, I doubt we will ever tow anything, or ever tow anything that maxes the towing capacity of both trucks.

He prefers the 4.7L V8 of the tundra, we'd really not like to get the 5.7L V8, but the F-150's 5.0L V8 puts out more HP/Torque than the 4.7L while getting about the same MPG, so another plus for the F-150

4X4 Isn't a must, but it's something I'd REALLY like being my tacoma is just a regular 4x2 PreRunner, It'd be nice to actually go out off-roading and not worry about getting stuck easily, and not only that, if my dad does manage to obtain a deer lease this season, I doubt most of the roads are paved...

The ground clearance is higher on the Tundra. 10in for the Tundra and 8 for the F-150, both for the 4x4 model.

He also wants leather seats, but both trucks need their Premium packages, so I doubt that will happen. Pricing is another thing, after configuring both trucks online the tundra came out to 34K, and 38K for the F-150 and I know that they're online configurations, I'm going to visit the Ford Dealership and see what they have in the lot sooner or later. I'm pretty sure we can talk down that price though. Especially with ford lol.

Both trucks have Off-Road Packages, both trucks have good crash test ratings, and both look really nice on the exterior to me. However, the F-150's interior is really appealing to me.

Toyota Trucks and SUVs have been in our family for a long time, pretty much since the 1993 4Runner, we had a Dodge RAM before my tacoma and well that broke down after about 100k miles and my dad had it with "American" made trucks. He does have a slight (very slight) liking for the F-150, and well if it is a better truck than the tundra I'm pretty sure it won't be hard to convince.

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments? I'd like the input of those who have owned or still own one of the more recent F-150s. Reliability will be a big thing for us, and after spending so much on a truck we shouldn't be spending more to keep bringing it in the shop.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
F150

Tundra looks like a whale.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
I chose the tundra because well, its a toyota... The resale value is going to be much higher than the ford later down the road and most likely last a lot longer.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JFKLives's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
F150

A fugly whale at that .. even lifted I don't like the looks of that truck.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
ILove2Drive's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Tundras more and more, but I voted for the F-150 my dad has one with the 5.0 and it is AWESOME plenty of power and he's easy on it but gets 20 MPG with mostly highway driving and he's got true duals with flowmaster 40s on it too
Old 08-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
F150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKLives View Post
I agree it's fugly. It only looks good in the real crewcab.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #7
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra... im a bias mofo. i just dont trust the name ford at all. toyota has had a good reliable name for who knows how long.. ford is starting to step up there game but can they hold it
Old 08-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #8
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
F150

x2. I don't know much about F-150 reliability but I personally prefer the F150 overall. If you research and hear that the Ford has at least good reliability, I would get that. Sounds like for what you want (going by your posts), the Ford is capable and sufficient.

GL
Old 08-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
I chose the tundra because well, its a toyota... The resale value is going to be much higher than the ford later down the road and most likely last a lot longer.
Yeah, lol my tacoma we got for 20K, and it's KBB price right now is 21K .

I doubt that'll come with the F-150, ever.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #10
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by myname150 View Post
Yeah, lol my tacoma we got for 20K, and it's KBB price right now is 21K .

I doubt that'll come with the F-150, ever.
when I was looking for trucks a while back, I looked at some 3 year old f-150s with the crew cab. They all went for about 15-17k. I think msrp is somewhere around 25-30k.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
x2. I don't know much about F-150 reliability but I personally prefer the F150 overall. If you research and hear that the Ford has at least good reliability, I would get that. Sounds like for what you want (going by your posts), the Ford is capable and sufficient.

GL
I was looking on the JD power ratings, both the Tundra and the F-150 share similar/same raitings
Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
when I was looking for trucks a while back, I looked at some 3 year old f-150s with the crew cab. They all went for about 15-17k. I think msrp is somewhere around 25-30k.
Yeah the Tundra we want is about 30-34K, I don't know how much the F-150s yet are for sure, I still have to visit the dealership.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I would drive a F150 over a Tundra.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Ecoboost f-150.

You say he doesn't need to tow... so why does he want a fullsize truck...?
Old 08-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #15
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Drive both and see what one you like the best. They both have great reputations. I'm a little biased as we have been a Toyota family for as long as I remember. But I'm not all that in favor of the looks of the Tundra interior/exterior.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #16
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by myname150 View Post
Yeah the Tundra we want is about 30-34K, I don't know how much the F-150s yet are for sure, I still have to visit the dealership.
My brother just paid $48k for his 150
Old 08-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #18
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
I could never live with the shame of owning a Ford
tundra. they're not even in the same league imo.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #19
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKLives View Post
new trundra looks awesome, especially lifted.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #20
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Chevy Silverado 1500