1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Major or minor SURGERY

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Mr.Fahrenheit, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Oct 26, 2008 at 9:01 AM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    I just had a small tumor removed from the right of my eye. Not my eye, just right of it.... Wisdom teeth like most others. Got kicked in the... :eek: when i was younger, went to the hospital for swelling. :(

2. Oct 26, 2008 at 9:05 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    the last part....same here almost. i wrecked my go cart running 35 mph to a dead stop into a parked forklift. my balls turned black and swelled to the size of a grapefruit almost. that shit hurt!!

3. Oct 26, 2008 at 9:57 AM
    trcksr4grls

trcksr4grls Prayers for Bill and Michelle

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 08 Super White Prerunner
    Had surgery on the back of my heel after bike accident, tore a muscle in the inner thigh that had to be sewn back together, broke both pinky's, broke both ankles, broke 1 wrist, 3 ribs, had wisdom teeth surgery and emergency C-Section to save my baby.... other then that I am all good!!!

Ohhh wait forgot I am suppose to have knee surgery... torn meniscus, and chipped cartilage but I figure if I am still able to run and stuff forget it... I'll wait until it goes out....

4. Oct 26, 2008 at 10:03 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

i broke my left wrist and my left knee.....playing sports, but i never did go to the doctor with those....i kept playing on them, and its probably why i have some problems with them these days.
    broke my nose too............that dont feel too damn good there.

5. Oct 26, 2008 at 10:04 AM
    trcksr4grls

trcksr4grls Prayers for Bill and Michelle

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 08 Super White Prerunner
    Yeah I bet... thank god I've never broken my nose. I have thought I did a few times..lmao like when I was climbing the side of a mountain in my Jeep and rolled and my face hit the steering wheel... ouch!!!

6. Oct 26, 2008 at 10:42 AM
    TheOne

TheOne Beach Prerunner

Member:
    East Coast, nc
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Impulse red
    stock
    Have had reconstructive plastic surgery on face due to dog attack when younger. Have had nose broke in bony part above cartilage fractured cheek and 6 teeth knocked out from truck wreck, have permanent bridges in front and back and a total of 70 stitches in face between 2 incidents and 2 in foot when younger.

7. Oct 26, 2008 at 12:54 PM
    Mr.Fahrenheit

Mr.Fahrenheit [OP] Dennis = sinneD

Member:
    American Canyon, California
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco 3.4L 5spd TRD
    K&N CAI, HUSKY LINERS, LOW PRO TOOL BOX, GRAY WIRE MOD, OPTIMA RED TOP, GOODRIDGE STEEL BRAKE LINES, FAB TECH LIFT,
    well i fell like adding more..... had a metal rod shot out of the lawn mower and stab my foot, went in about an inch. just pulled it out no surgery.

had a mountain bike accident and almost lost my thumb. piece of glass cut my thumb and ten dent, 7 stitches w/ cast and luckily regained movement in my thumb.....got lucky:)

ps.....no chipmunk cheeks yet..... slight pain no need for meds yet....

8. Oct 26, 2008 at 1:11 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    LOL, I have broke mine 2 times! Once at work when a hydrolic line on a peice of equipment blew up as I was inspecting it. It spun me around and got blood on my truck. Nobody had a first aid kit in their trucks (I did, but nobody was listening to me) So, they laid me in the back of some dudes truck and patched me up with rags and duct tape! :eek: Not shitting ya. I told them I was fine to drive myself to the hospital, so, while I was driveing to the ER, I glanced in my mirror to have a look and see how they did, and I busted up laughing! I looked STUPID! Good thing I went to the ER as it turned out the hose also broke my cheek. :( Christ, If I had to list all the f'ing things I broke or needed stitched up, it would be a long post. :eek:

9. Oct 30, 2008 at 3:52 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    I had all 4 wisdom teeth out 2 months ago :D, not too bad.
    I got punched in the face a long time agi and my nose broken, but only the cartilage.

I had 'compartment release' on both lower legs (shin area) a few years ago due to exercise induced compartment syndrome, basically the muscles swell more than normal. I suffered all through high school with all kinds of Docs saying 'shin splints', lots of meds and therapy. Complications from surgery, major swelling, nerve damage, lost 90% use of my left leg, ended my career in law enforcement :(. Lots of therapy and years later I can walk but running not so much. Day to day is less painful than before the surgery, so I'm okay with it.

I have yet to break a bone though :).

10. Oct 30, 2008 at 3:59 AM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    My;

-wisdom teeth are gone (never hurt, had great pain meds),
    -shrapnel in left cheek below my eyelid (you can see it if you look at my face close),
    -busted up left knee (I'll need surgery someday),
    -sodium hydroxide burns (dissolved a layer of skin on my hands and cheeks).

11. Oct 30, 2008 at 5:37 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Reconstructive surgery L knee 1979 for the unholy 3, torn ACL, MCL, Meniscus. Doc just tore it open for no scope back then & its never been the same.

In '93, I had some dremel work in there to clean out the arthritis (not a real dremel but it looked like it on the TV w/ the help of demerol :D).

2004, I partially tore my R knee ACL & MCL, opted for rehab than the O.R.

Doesn't slow me down tho, I just drag em along on all my adventures & keep driving a stick to a minimum. :p

12. Oct 30, 2008 at 5:40 AM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled. I got some great drugs out of that surgery. I have also had a liver biopsy but it is very minor.

13. Oct 30, 2008 at 5:41 AM
    burnt_tiger

burnt_tiger Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bakersfield CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab 4x4 longbed
    viper 5900 automatic start/alarm, pioneer avic-d3 indash gps UWS black truck box black tube steps, blue sea fuse block wet okoles console vault AFE oil free drop in air filter. hose clamp mod 5% tint Cobra 75 CB
    8 skin grafting operations

i got blown the fuck up in Iraq.

Products Discussed in

To Top