Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Armytek Predator Flashlight Pass-Around!

Old 08-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #61
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Snoyota, PM me address phone number name, etc and I'll add you to the list.

2008taco, I hear ya, just like everything else in life there is a wide range of stuff for every preference and budget

I was just saying all the comparable lights from every big name seems to be in the same ballpark price.

There are always budget options, and expensive options. Ford rangers and Toyota Tacomas as it were
Old 09-27-2011, 04:29 AM   #62
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
So, what ever happened here? Anyone ever receive there loaner light?
Old 09-27-2011, 04:54 AM   #63
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
So, what ever happened here? Anyone ever receive there loaner light?
Yep - first guy has it and last we heard, he was just waiting on the batteries to arrive so he could start testing it.

Fink
Old 09-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #64
deerslayer75 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
deerslayer75's Tacoma Gallery
Just got it with the batteries the other day. Super bright and light weight for sure. I will be testing it out on a bow hunting trip this weekend. I may not want to give it up. I do have my reservations about getting it wet though.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #65
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
really??? dam i have the other one and i dont have batteries yet
Old 09-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #66
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
really??? dam i have the other one and i dont have batteries yet
You can get some cheap CR123A's at just about any electronics store. That is, if you don't want to wait for the ones that anethema sent.

Fink
Old 09-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #67
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
You can get some cheap CR123A's at just about any electronics store. That is, if you don't want to wait for the ones that anethema sent.

Fink

arent they like 12 bucks per battery?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #68
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
arent they like 12 bucks per battery?
Hell no. You can find them for around $2/battery.

Fink
Old 09-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #69
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Getting it wet is NO issue, especially if the orings are well lubed. I've freedived down to about 10 feet with it so far. Swam lots, been in lots of rain, etc. No water issues. I mean it is double oringed! Are almost ANY other flashlights?

Try to keep discussion here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...iscussion.html
Old 10-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #70
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anethema View Post
Getting it wet is NO issue, especially if the orings are well lubed.

That's what she said
Old 10-29-2011, 05:19 AM   #72
deerslayer75 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
deerslayer75's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I was the first to test the Armytek flashlight, at least I think I was the first. This thing is smaller than I expected and very light. It came with a carrying pouch that could be fastened to your belt. This thing was 10 times brighter than any other flashlight I have ever seen! no Kidding. I almost thought to myself that it was too bright, if that is possible. It was very durable. The company said it could be thrown on the ground against rocks and dropped in a stream and it would still run. I was a little scared to beat on it but after watching the video I decided to run it through some paces. I did not beat it against a rock or drop it in a stream but I did just about everything else to it you can imagine and it still runs. The light beam has a very good output and covers a wide area. I used it hunting and it lit up an entire field. I was walking into one of my favorite hunting spots with just a head lamp on when I thought I heard some movement, I stopped and pulled out my Armytek and I had about 12 pairs of eyes looking right at me. I would have never known if I hadn't had that flashlight. After sending mine to the next tester I went on their website and bought one. I would recommend it to anyone who hunts, fishes, works security, camps or even just walks their dog at night.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:53 AM   #73
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a

"I'll send you a money order for $1000.00, you take out $100.00 and send me a money order for the $900.00 extra"

kinda deal...
Old 10-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #74

What? Was this in the right thread I don't understand.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #75
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I think he was just saying it sounds like a money scheme, but to my knowledge there has been no money transactions involved.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:19 AM   #76

No one is sending me money that is for sure. Or anyone else.

The only money changing hands is a couple of bucks the testers are paying the post office to send the light to the next guy.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:02 AM   #78
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I'm down to try it. I work in aviation, and while everyone has surefires, I'm kinda anti surefire. I currently tote around a modified mini-mag that holds its own against sure-fires. Lemme know and I'll send you info.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #79
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
This light blows my surefire 6P out of the water in the output department (until I upgrade it anyway) but at only 50 min runtime, I like the surefire more
Old 11-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #80

Ya for sure. Higher output and less runtime is normal.

I bet if you set the brightness manually to something similar to the surefire it would run quite a bit longer. Especially with an 18650 instead of those primary cells I included.