1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Armytek Predator Flashlight Pass-Around!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by anethema, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Aug 16, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    anethema

anethema [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    I've spoken with Armytek flashlights and they have agreed to a pass-around for this forum. I figured there are enough other campers, hunters, etc like me, plus cops soldiers and all the others who just love flashlights.

Basically if there is enough interest, they will send me a couple lights to mail to people. What they are looking for mostly is hunters, police, army, etc (and other gadget lovers, flashlight lovers, campers, etc) to post pictures, provide input, discuss the light in the thread, etc so they can get ideas and interest going.

I've cleared this with a moderator as well.

I personally hunt, fish, camp, etc so the light is really interesting to me. Basically it is a light that is pretty small, but can blast a lot of light out there.

The biggest thing about the light though, is while you can use the pre-defined setup on how the flashlight works, the flashlight itself is almost totally programmable. Can program what modes/brightnesses go with if the head is tight or loose, how many in each, etc. You can program how fast the blink rate is in the strobe mode even, or what type of flashlight drive it uses, for you flashlight lovers out there. You can pick the LED tint when you order, what color the bezel is, what type of reflector is inside etc.

The company itself is great (which is part of the reason I'm doing this). They have a little subforum on candlepowerforums, and they basically directly respond to any customer questions, take their suggestions (very seriously, and have already changed UI based on suggestions, in addition to saying they will incorporate the suggestions into future lights).

Anyways, the idea is they will send a flashlight to be mailed around to gather comments, and foster discussion so they can get a better idea of what the public wants, and to generate interest I imagine. You get to keep it for a week, program it, play with it, take it out with you, whatever. Then it goes to the next person.

IN THIS THREAD: They want to see if there is enough interest to do this. So for now just post a reply mentioning if you're interested and what sort of use the flashlight might get (IE: If you're a LEO, hunter, fisherman, etc)

Disclaimer: Other than maybe getting a free light I have NO affiliation with this company. I Just saw their forum and their light and thought it was really cool. So when they contacted me about the pass-around I said I'd try to gauge interest! I don't work for Armytek in any capacity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Aug 16, 2011 at 7:29 AM
    anethema

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    Actually a good idea might be for me to post the specs etc, duh:

3. Aug 16, 2011 at 7:34 AM
    deerslayer75

deerslayer75 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    jersey shore
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD sport Dblcab Lngbed
    pop-n-lock, mcgard tailgate lock, chrome tube steps, bed extender, chrome brush guard, Fold a cover (G-4) tonneau, weather tech floor mats and rain gaurds, sock monkey: TRD 3rd brake light and whitetail decals, LED bed lights, blue map & dome, 3rd brake light and license plate LED mod, illuminated 4x4 switch, fishing rod holder mod, scangauge II, Remote start & alarm, TW sticker, Flyzeye cupholder light mod
    ok I'm interested, but $100 seems a bit pricey for a flashlight.

4. Aug 16, 2011 at 7:41 AM
    anethema

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    Well its 3-5 times brighter than the brightest biggest maglite, programmable, and in about the range of other high end flashlights (Like the ones listed in the beam shots above)

5. Aug 16, 2011 at 7:46 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    i would love one of these for hunting and camping, i have been in need of a new flashlight actually and a mag light is just too large and heavy for all the time use

very interested to try it out

6. Aug 16, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    Hunting and camping are the two biggest times I use a flashlight and I'm trying to find one I like that has a huge light output and doesn't break the bank

7. Aug 16, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    tacoman355

tacoman355 WORD!?!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Hampton,VA
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab Taco
    sold....
  8. Aug 16, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    Just what I need, is another torch. I already have a flashlight fetish. The light looks good, I've never heard of the company, and do spend a good bit of time on CPF. Sure, I'd like to try it out against my O-Lights, JetBeams, Streamlight, Fenix, 4Sevens, Ultra-Fires, God, I need help....

9. Aug 16, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    So they are going to give you some free $100 flashlights for people to try?that's crazy or desperate to make sales.

10. Aug 16, 2011 at 8:24 AM
    AV8BTacoma

AV8BTacoma Member

Member:
    Bluffton, SC
    Vehicle:
    18 DCSB TRD OR Cement
    Military Pilot, it would come in handy for night pre-flight.

11. Aug 16, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Military Police, would be interested so long as the company takes care of shipping. I own Surefire, Streamlight, Insight, and Jetbeam brand flashlights and weapon lights to compare it to.

Could put it through weapon mounted testing as well.

12. Aug 16, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    TacoIII

TacoIII Mr. Boombastic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Albuqerque
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4 off road package
    3" OME 886 coils, ARB bumper warn M8000, Lightforce 240's and 255/85 16 KM2, Redline hood struts,arb twin air compressor, 4.88's, Tepui kukenam, Pelfreybilt bed rack and rear high clearance with swing out, and custom offroad bodywork
    i do security and would love a go with one

13. Aug 16, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    I'm just a flashlight/gadget nut but I'm also the I.T. Manager for two Banks and I do have to crawl around in extremely dark/smoky places to run cabling and diagnose connectivity issues for our banks.

I'd be down to test it out but I realize my use is on the lower-end of the abuse spectrum.

Thanks for letting us know!

Fink

14. Aug 16, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    anethema

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    Ya not giving them away They want them back at some point:)

They want ideas notes comments suggestions and discussion about them so they know how to improve themselves and of course to raise awareness.

But ya a buddy is actually buying one and reviews look great. It and one other light got essentially 100% of yhe suggestions for "best 18650 battery light" and "best pocket thrower" so it should be pretty good!

They said we need 20 people interested to get the lights to pass around.

Keep em coming!

15. Aug 16, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    SoftShellTaco

SoftShellTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Goldsberry, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    I am interested, but also confused as to why they want them back....are they going to break them apart and examine what we did to them? resale them as "new" to the public? Just a bit off to me.

None the less I do want one!!! I camp fairly regularly work the flightline at night and do my fair share of hunting, and the stryker looks like it could come in handy in a "unarmed" fight.

Edit: I am an F-15E maintainer so I think I can run it through its paces.

16. Aug 16, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    I'd be interested to review it later in the year against my surefire. I will be guiding hunts almost every weekend this deer season

17. Aug 16, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    anethema

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    They are samples for people to try. Imagine they want em back so they can be passed out to the next group! Not sure.

18. Aug 16, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    EMS here, I'd love to try it out.

19. Aug 16, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    The Yellow Dart

The Yellow Dart Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    07 //SR5 4x4
    OME 2.5" Lift, TC UCAs, LEER Cap, Sleeping platform, PA20-TOY
    I'd be in for a review.

I'm an avid backpacker, and I'm always looking for a torch with a lot of light output for low weight. I've got trips set up for this weekend and next month, if that helps.

I also live and trek in the Pacific Northwest, so there are lots of climate issues to review, not to mention I am notoriously rough on gear. Loan me one of those puppies and I guarantee I'll give it the whole run-through and thorough review. If it helps, I'll take it as my only lamp.

20. Aug 16, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    i would love to try it.

im an avid camper, camp pretty much every weekend!

Products Discussed in

To Top