Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Armytek Predator Flashlight Pass-Around!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Armytek Predator Flashlight Pass-Around!

I've spoken with Armytek flashlights and they have agreed to a pass-around for this forum. I figured there are enough other campers, hunters, etc like me, plus cops soldiers and all the others who just love flashlights.

Basically if there is enough interest, they will send me a couple lights to mail to people. What they are looking for mostly is hunters, police, army, etc (and other gadget lovers, flashlight lovers, campers, etc) to post pictures, provide input, discuss the light in the thread, etc so they can get ideas and interest going.

I've cleared this with a moderator as well.

I personally hunt, fish, camp, etc so the light is really interesting to me. Basically it is a light that is pretty small, but can blast a lot of light out there.

The biggest thing about the light though, is while you can use the pre-defined setup on how the flashlight works, the flashlight itself is almost totally programmable. Can program what modes/brightnesses go with if the head is tight or loose, how many in each, etc. You can program how fast the blink rate is in the strobe mode even, or what type of flashlight drive it uses, for you flashlight lovers out there. You can pick the LED tint when you order, what color the bezel is, what type of reflector is inside etc.

The company itself is great (which is part of the reason I'm doing this). They have a little subforum on candlepowerforums, and they basically directly respond to any customer questions, take their suggestions (very seriously, and have already changed UI based on suggestions, in addition to saying they will incorporate the suggestions into future lights).

Anyways, the idea is they will send a flashlight to be mailed around to gather comments, and foster discussion so they can get a better idea of what the public wants, and to generate interest I imagine. You get to keep it for a week, program it, play with it, take it out with you, whatever. Then it goes to the next person.

IN THIS THREAD: They want to see if there is enough interest to do this. So for now just post a reply mentioning if you're interested and what sort of use the flashlight might get (IE: If you're a LEO, hunter, fisherman, etc)

Disclaimer: Other than maybe getting a free light I have NO affiliation with this company. I Just saw their forum and their light and thought it was really cool. So when they contacted me about the pass-around I said I'd try to gauge interest! I don't work for Armytek in any capacity.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Actually a good idea might be for me to post the specs etc, duh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyTek
Introducing Armytek Predator v1.2.

It is developed and engineered by Armytek Optoelectronics Inc., Canada. Made with USA and Japan electronics components. During development were used ideas and suggestions of European and Russian engineers, Special Forces and experienced hunters.

The differences between Armytek Predator and other compact tactical flashlights:

1. Impressive optics - excellent compact thrower, maximal distance for this size of flashlights with reflector.

2. The completely new second-generation driver S-Tek™ enables the flashlight to emit a bright and constant light even when the battery 18650 Li-Ion is almost discharged. S-Tek™ is the only driver in the world that enables the user to choose the type of stabilization.

3. Easy manipulation of modes and the possibility of full settings ability to fit your needs: many parameters can be changed - the brightness, the number of modes, the strobe frequency, the battery type, the type of brightness stabilization, the type of automemorization etc. However, if you don't want to change default settings – you can use ArmyTek Predator as an ordinary flashlight immediately, because it is ready after preparing on the factory.

4. Complete compatibility with LiFePO4 batteries, which can be fully charged in 10 minutes. In this flashlight LiFePO4 can be used safely for the batteries.

5. It is the only flashlight in the world with doubled critical electric circuits. Even when the main circuit is damaged, the system will be able to work on the reserve circuit, emitting light during 100 days, which enable the user to survive in an emergency situation.

Main factors were considered during development:
1. Light. Powerful, long-distance beam, compact optics.
2. Electronics. Effective and highly advanced.
3. Design. Comfortable and compact, light and reliable.

The full features and manual of Armytek Predator v1.2 you can download there.

Individual orders are welcome!
Custom LED: XP-G R5 6500K or XP-G R4 4000K or XP-G High CRI=90
Custom reflector: 5/24 degrees Smooth or 10/24 degrees Orange Peel
Custom bezel/clip: Black Matt or Gold Smooth or Silver Matt

Buy your ArmyTek Predator v1.2 from official site of the producer

Additional information about order: Read more.

UPD 02.02.2011: We'll give to our customers the chance to make the better acquaintance of Predator. The price with discount for "new country customer" is 99 USD with free shipping worldwide.Read more...

There are different changes in the version 1.2:
1. Made the changes in a body, a glass, a centering system of reflector, a tailcap, anodization.
2. Added decimal battery voltage indication by user request.
3. The Setup Menu is improved for better and intuitive functionality.
4. Added new Firefly modes: 0.1lm, 0.5lm, 1.5lm. They can be in both lines already.
5. Added Custom preset saving function: you can save your settings easily.
6. The power supply type '18650 Li-Ion' is by default.
7. The Strobe setting speed is changed to comfortable one.
8. Variable constant light is 5..500lm now. Then we have 1:5000 resolution of modes (0.1lm : 500lm).
9. Eliminated a pre-flash of Firefly.
10. Added additional temperature and battery voltage indication.

Much more about the changes in the version 1.2: review by LightForce

Video:
[video=youtube;lvA79TAMu6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvA79TAMu6c[/video]

Reviews:

Review by selfbuilt. English version.
Review by light-reviews.com. English version.
Review by mefistofele86. English version.
Review by mefistofele86. Italian version.
Review by awl. Russian version.
Review by AVM. Russian version.
Review by Pikom. Polish version.
Review by mar3. Polish version.
Review by ichoderso. German version.
Review by gunga. English version.

The runtimes for 1x18650 Li-Ion:

Some beamshots were posted by our customer there: http://www.messerforum.net/showthread.php?p=742034

Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #4

Well its 3-5 times brighter than the brightest biggest maglite, programmable, and in about the range of other high end flashlights (Like the ones listed in the beam shots above)
Old 08-16-2011, 07:52 AM   #6
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Hunting and camping are the two biggest times I use a flashlight and I'm trying to find one I like that has a huge light output and doesn't break the bank
Old 08-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #7
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #8
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Just what I need, is another torch. I already have a flashlight fetish. The light looks good, I've never heard of the company, and do spend a good bit of time on CPF. Sure, I'd like to try it out against my O-Lights, JetBeams, Streamlight, Fenix, 4Sevens, Ultra-Fires, God, I need help....
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
So they are going to give you some free $100 flashlights for people to try?that's crazy or desperate to make sales.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #10
AV8BTacoma is on a distinguished road
Marines:
AV8BTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Military Pilot, it would come in handy for night pre-flight.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #11
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Military Police, would be interested so long as the company takes care of shipping. I own Surefire, Streamlight, Insight, and Jetbeam brand flashlights and weapon lights to compare it to.

Could put it through weapon mounted testing as well.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #12
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
i do security and would love a go with one
Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #13
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just a flashlight/gadget nut but I'm also the I.T. Manager for two Banks and I do have to crawl around in extremely dark/smoky places to run cabling and diagnose connectivity issues for our banks.

I'd be down to test it out but I realize my use is on the lower-end of the abuse spectrum.

Thanks for letting us know!

Fink
Old 08-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #14

Ya not giving them away They want them back at some point

They want ideas notes comments suggestions and discussion about them so they know how to improve themselves and of course to raise awareness.

But ya a buddy is actually buying one and reviews look great. It and one other light got essentially 100% of yhe suggestions for "best 18650 battery light" and "best pocket thrower" so it should be pretty good!

They said we need 20 people interested to get the lights to pass around.

Keep em coming!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #15
SoftShellTaco is just really niceSoftShellTaco is just really niceSoftShellTaco is just really niceSoftShellTaco is just really niceSoftShellTaco is just really nice

Air Force: Tactical Aircraft Maintainer
Name: Justin
SoftShellTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested, but also confused as to why they want them back....are they going to break them apart and examine what we did to them? resale them as "new" to the public? Just a bit off to me.

None the less I do want one!!! I camp fairly regularly work the flightline at night and do my fair share of hunting, and the stryker looks like it could come in handy in a "unarmed" fight.

Edit: I am an F-15E maintainer so I think I can run it through its paces.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #16
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested to review it later in the year against my surefire. I will be guiding hunts almost every weekend this deer season
Old 08-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #17

They are samples for people to try. Imagine they want em back so they can be passed out to the next group! Not sure.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #18
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
EMS here, I'd love to try it out.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #19
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be in for a review.

I'm an avid backpacker, and I'm always looking for a torch with a lot of light output for low weight. I've got trips set up for this weekend and next month, if that helps.

I also live and trek in the Pacific Northwest, so there are lots of climate issues to review, not to mention I am notoriously rough on gear. Loan me one of those puppies and I guarantee I'll give it the whole run-through and thorough review. If it helps, I'll take it as my only lamp.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #20
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i would love to try it.

im an avid camper, camp pretty much every weekend!