1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Remembering 9/11: Where Were You? Share Your Story.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by rleeharris, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    Drew5387

Drew5387 You can't fix stupid

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner SR5 DC Black
    Raptor Style Grill, KC Highlight Spot Beams, 2.5% Window Tint, Kenwood Touchscreen Head Unit, Train Horn, Tinted Tail Lights, Retrofit Source Projectors with Halos, BHLM, LED Fog Lights, 40" LED Light Bar, 33" Cooper STT Tires, Herculined Rocker Panels, 175+ hp in stickers
    I was in third grade at lunch...
    or second grade

2. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:07 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    freshman in highschool, actually out to lunch. Buddy walked by me and asked if I heard that a plane struck the tower, I thought it was a joke..Sure as shit, we went to history class( I think), and it was on the tv.

3. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    Got to work at 4 AM that morning. I worked as a shipping and receicing forklift operator. By the time I went to my lunch break another guy came and said to me, hey a plane hit the World Trade Center. I was thinking, wow a Cesna, or small plane really messed up. By the time my break was over everyone was watching the TV. I watched in horror as the unlucky souls fell head first out of the windows live on TV. The whole god damn world changed that day.

4. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    I was playing twisted metal waiting for the bus to take me to school and seen this shit...looked like it was from the game.

5. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    I was in my 5th grade social studies class. I knew right then and there I was going to join the military. Now I finally have my opportunity to sling some lead back their way. Can't wait.

Although the way things look now, I'll be in Africa.

6. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    I was in the 4th grade, I remember all of the school stopping everything that was going on and everyone was glued around a TV all the teachers crying and devastated, it was sad, cause all of us kids really weren't old enough to really realize what had happened. We knew it was bad but it wasn't until later when I got home that I fully understand what had happened. It's a day that I will always remember even though I wasn't real sure what was happening.

7. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    superwhite10

superwhite10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garner, NC
    im was in 6th grade in english class when the phones started ringing and my classmates started being picked up. living so close to Quantico and the DC area alot of the kids i went to school with have parents eithe in the military or government. shortly after that my teacher turned the tv on and thats what we watched the rest of the day. i never would have thought that 10 years later it would still be going on.

8. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:42 PM
    Stubbs95tacoma

Stubbs95tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Wichita
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5
    6 Inch Lift
    I was 7.... hahaha

9. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:46 PM
    meeestirg

meeestirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vance County, NC
    7th grade at recess. i found out when recess was cut short do to an assembly in the auditorium. the school connected the tv to a projector and had the news on the big screen. most of us didn't understand the whole situation for a few days, then we all jumped on the bandwagon and started to hate everyone who wore a towel on their head and didn't have a dot in the middle of their forehead. the two muslim kids who started school at our school that year had a VERY hard time adapting and eventually were sent to another school or home schooled, we never herd from or seen them again.

10. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:46 PM
    TacomaMan07

TacomaMan07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Black Toolbox; Bed Mat; BFG ATs 265/75/16
    I think i was in 2nd grade in PE. When we came back from PE to the classroom the teacher had it on tv but turned it off real quick. Didnt know what happened til that night when getting picked up from daycare. Really wish i was older that day so i could have watched it happen live or something.

11. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:53 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod

There is no HAHA here
    People died, so what part of 9-11 do you find funny?

12. Aug 24, 2011 at 7:54 PM
    TacomaMan07

TacomaMan07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Black Toolbox; Bed Mat; BFG ATs 265/75/16
    wow take a chill pill. my word

13. Aug 24, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:

Hi chandler, i hope your school goes well. I see your mommy and daddy can buy you nice things. I do see you are a jerk. I hope that works out for you, My comment about 9-11 is about the people who died there, and no, it's not funny, LOL or WTF. ...grow up dick

14. Aug 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    meeestirg

Member:
    Vance County, NC
    wow, you do need to take a chill pill. he was laughing at his age, not at the situation. (notice some of the elders were talking about how young everyone was)

[​IMG]

15. Aug 24, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    Stubbs95tacoma

Stubbs95tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Wichita
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5
    6 Inch Lift
    i was "haha"ing about the fact that i was 7 not about the people who died...i have family members who went off to war and one that didnt come back because of that..

16. Aug 24, 2011 at 8:15 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I was in fifth grade, I was sleeping when it happened. My mom came in my room and woke me up and turned on the news. I didn't really have a grasp on how serious everything was at the time. I remember just being confused and scared...

She was crying and I tried comforting her but I really didn't know how... :eek:

I later found out that my grandmother's sister was in the South Tower at the time of the attack. Her body was never found. :(

17. Aug 24, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    either way, nothing to laugh at. I 'm willing to say i'm sorry ,,,,,,,,, but it hit a nerve here with me

18. Aug 24, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    meeestirg

Member:
    Vance County, NC
    yes, this subject hits a nerve with every American, and i'm sure Stubbs95tacoma isn't that insensitive or stupid enough to laugh about this subject in the American public.

19. Aug 24, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    As I remember, I was getting up to go to work at 7AM west coast time. Walked into the kitchen to fix breakfast and my dad had the TV on and told me there were three planes, two hit the towers, the third hit the pentagon. We sat and watched for awhile and then couldn't take it anymore and had to turn it off. By the time I was walking into work around 9:00, people were talking about the buildings collapsing, and the fourth plane. Saw that on recorded TV later, that was when it sunk it for me.

What I remember most about the months that followed, and it may seem selfish, but people seemed to be taking out their anger on others. I was working in an auto parts store and I would go out to test a battery for someone, they would point at their car and proudly proclaim theirs was the one with the flag on the antenna. All my life I have been a quiet person, and if I didn't compliment them for having the damn flag on their car, many of the bullie types would try to pick a fight over it. Not that I didn't want Osama hunted down and killed, but I just generally don't have a lot to say, just do my job and go home. That kind of pissed me off. Americans fighting each other over what a stupid foreign prick started.

20. Aug 24, 2011 at 8:26 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    hey i'm sorry if i read it wrong, but it hit me wrong and i reacted, hell its the internet

Products Discussed in

To Top