1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hurricane Irene Bitch Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Urban Redneck, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Aug 28, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    Urban Redneck

Urban Redneck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 3.4L V6
    Well I woke up to water leaking through the ceiling of my apartment (and pooling around my media server) then walked the dogs to find my truck broken into. Curse you, Irene! Curse you!

Really, it all could have been a lot worse. Watching the news I realize I got off really, really light ...

No windows on my 2004 Taco were broken. It was street parked in NYC. The driver's side door was unlocked and the inside was tossed. I keep next to nothing in it, but the manual taken, the rearview mirror and the windshield wiper control wand was snapped off.

What kills me is it was all so senseless. My WeatherTech mats were gone, but I found them nearby on the sidewalk. My EZPass was ripped off, but I found it in the street. Some crackhead just went bonkers looking for money, I wager, and tore it all to shit ...

Can anyone recommend the best website (cheapest) to buy a mirror and wiper controller? Is the wiper wand something I can install myself?

Still, it could have been worse. Note: that tree would have just bounced off a Taco :cool:

Anyone else have truck related storm damage?

2. Aug 28, 2011 at 9:12 AM
    TanSR5x4

TanSR5x4 Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Houston TX
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Deckplate mod, black KC slimlight fogs, hurculined bed, NRA sticker mod, painted rear chrome bumper black, black fender flares and front grill surround, HIDs, All-pro rear leafs and UCAs, Eibach coilovers, billys all around, flat black pro comps, 31x10.5x15 BFG KM2s
    OP that sucks! seems like a crime of convenience "hmmm this guys truck is open maybe i should tear all his shit up"

my only complaint is that Irene is up there and not down here. i really wish it woulda came straight to texas

3. Aug 28, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Replacing the wiper stalk is really easy. Do a search for the install and thee should be a few threads. If you did not have intermittant wipers now is the time to upgrade.

4. Aug 28, 2011 at 9:42 AM
    Urban Redneck

Urban Redneck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 3.4L V6
    Very cool. Thanks.

It was such a weenie storm, too. I've been in the middle of tropical storms in Georgia that were worse than this "hurricane" ...

Products Discussed in

To Top