Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Creationism vs. Evolution

View Poll Results: Creationism vs. Evolution (Not Public)
Creationism 102 29.57%
Evolution 163 47.25%
Lil 'O Both 73 21.16%
Neither 7 2.03%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #2201
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
It sounds to me like no one really knows so they just say "God? yea hes always just kinda been there..." Kind of like when a kid asks his parents why the sky is blue, the majority of parents just say "it just is". Not many parent would say "i dont know" and then take the time to look it up.

I guess it goes back to the whole "faith" thing. Just remember, man wrote the bible too, and its been rewritten to fit our ideas.
the mayans weren't handed a bible when they came up with their religion. Alot of religions came up on their own only to follow a very similar story line.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #2202
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Looks like its time for them to evolve then... Right?

They survived because they live mostly in the canopy, where most predators cannot get to them. Even their babies are born covered in hair, and only stick around the mom for a few months.

Not offended at all, takes quite a bit to offend me. Just want to keep it civil, dont want the thread to get shut down.
Turtles reproduce in huge numbers, and they still struggle.

If evolution is whats its all about, how come there arent more animals that use critical thinking?
Pretty smart those sloth. They figured out the canopy was safe.

Your assumption is other animals aren't using critical thinking.

Wrong assumption.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #2203
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
the mayans weren't handed a bible when they came up with their religion. Alot of religions came up on their own only to follow a very similar story line.
And a lot of others didn't. Like the Romans, who just happened to develop the calendar we currently use.

I've read the Bible twice. I use a calendar every day.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #2204
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
And a lot of others didn't. Like the Romans, who just happened to develop the calendar we currently use.

I've read the Bible twice. I use a calendar every day.
and the romans story of how we came to be was evolution?

Old 06-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #2205
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I dont know when time began. If we started off hundreds of thousands of years ago with close to the same capacity, why the incredible advance of technology in just the last 100 years?
Smart people that questioned the church stopped getting killed as heretics.

Close to the same capacity is still pretty smart.

Technology builds on itself pretty rapidly as we can see.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #2206
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Looks like its time for them to evolve then... Right?
Evolution doesn't move at the same pace as all external forces.

When it doesn't....man the word is right there on the tip of my tongue....it's called....extinction? Yep, pretty sure it's extinction.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #2207
Quote:
and the romans story of how we came to be was evolution?
Never said it was. Neither was the Mayans'.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #2208

Quote:
The mayans believed we were created from beings of another world. Much like all the major religions believe.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #2209
Quote:
The mayans believed we were created from beings of another world. Much like all the major religions believe.
All the current major religions.

There have been many, many other major religions throughout the course of human history.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #2210

Quote:
That won't keep Tostidos from believing he just poked a hole in evolutionary theory.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #2211
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a bit of perspective. The overwhelming size of the universe it what makes me believe in evolution over creation. That and the fact that there are so many contradictions in the bible it just gets silly.

Taken from Carl Sagan's - The Cosmos

Old 06-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #2212

Quote:
Here is a bit of perspective. The overwhelming size of the universe it what makes me believe in evolution over creation. That and the fact that there are so many contradictions in the bible it just gets silly.

Are you sure creationists believe there is even the Milky Way Galaxy? Can't use evidence of 100 Billion galaxies if there is absolutely no way to prove that the earth is older than 6000 years. The universe is only as old as the earth.

They also believe there are no contradictions in the Bible.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #2213
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How old is Christianity? 2013 years? that is a very tiny infinitesimal spec on the earth's calendar. With the rate of technology and people waking up and becoming free thinkers I doubt it will be around for another 1000 years.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #2214

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Are you sure creationists believe there is even the Milky Way Galaxy? Can't use evidence of 100 Billion galaxies if there is absolutely no way to prove that the earth is older than 6000 years. The universe is only as old as the earth.
Yes, we can prove the milky way is real and we can prove there are other galaxies...

are you saying the earth is only 6000 years old?!

Old 06-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #2215

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprice66 View Post
This is pretty cool ... it makes sense to me after the Tower of Babel incident

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...imation_03.gif
And this all happened in the last 6000 years? Not starting over 200 million years ago.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #2216
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, we can prove the milky way is real and we can prove there are other galaxies...

i think he's saying how thats where their argument fails

Old 06-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #2217

Quote:

I'm not, creationists do though.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #2218
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Just felt like adding a bit of thought and opinions to a few things here. Just for the heck of it because I like this thread and LOVE debate (as long as it is civil and not condescending)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Everyone constantly judges one thing as being better or worse than another. That's how we each choose our path to walk in this life. It's the reality of the consequences of our own choices which renders the final verdict on our judgments.
Yes, but I was refering to judging a specific person on their belief. Just because a person THINKS a different way does not open the door to someone who thinks a different way to arbitrarily say the other is wrong, without having proof of them being wrong.

Quote:
but plate techtonic theory suggest that the plates move roughly 3" give or take a year. in 150,000 years that's a whopping.... 7 miles.

Holes, huge holes.
How do we, or anyone for that matter KNOW that the tectonic theory is 100% accurate for say 500,000 years? (Of course interestingly enough it is called tectonic THEORY, not fact) Perhaps the tectonic shifting has decreased say 10% over a period of 1000 years. This would mean that 500,000 years ago the tectonic shift could have been as fast as 3000 feet per year. Again this could be a theory. Also as tectonic plates shift they create mountains and valleys as they interact with each other, so maybe things moved really fast back then, and have been slowing down. Granted again I have no evidence to PROVE this, but we ARE talking theory here. Just food for thought.

Quote:

Again my argument against the 100% accuracy of this is WHERE do they get their numbers from? Has someone actually COUNTED the galaxies? Of course not. So their information is simply based on THEORY and not fact. If you could count 1 galaxy every second it would take you 100,000,000,000 seconds to do so. This would equate to 3168 YEARS to count them all. Obviously impossible. So they BASE their numbers on what they HAVE found, and then THEORIZE from there. Again, no solid FACT. Just theory.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #2219
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'll add another Sagan quote just for fun.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #2220
Beee1985 is on a distinguished road
Beee1985's Tacoma Gallery
When in doubt, talk about pooping, everyone poops, there is plenty to talk about.

Closed Thread

Products Discussed in this Thread