1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Creationism vs. Evolution

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Agent475, Oct 28, 2008.

?

Creationism vs. Evolution (Not Public)

1. Creationism

102 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Evolution

162 vote(s)
    47.0%
  3. Lil 'O Both

73 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Neither

8 vote(s)
    2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 28, 2008 at 8:36 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
  2. Oct 28, 2008 at 8:39 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    same thing when i grew up and when i got out. the fundamental baptists are the WORST!

3. Oct 28, 2008 at 8:39 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    same here man.

you know why you dont take a baptist fishing with ya right??? he'll drink all your beer. you gotta take 2 baptists with ya....neither will drink in front of the other, and you'll have all your beer to yourself.:D

im baptist..........and i love me some beer!!!

4. Oct 28, 2008 at 8:41 PM
    TommyTaco09

TommyTaco09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD DC Pyrite Mica
    Tint: 20%F 35%R
    Have you seen some of the evolution trees scientists have constructed. A lot of animals have sprung off like a limb on a tree and cease to evolve much thereafter. Doesn't disprove evolution at all if monkeys are more evolved!

5. Oct 28, 2008 at 8:42 PM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    :laugh: LMAO! I laugh because it is true. It especially works if one of the two is a Baptist woman. Happens at my work all the time. ;)

6. Oct 28, 2008 at 8:43 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    It scares me to be honest. Half of these kids do nothing but repeat word for word what Mommy and Daddy taught them growing up.

Lol. Everybody loves beer :D

Also, I hope my comments did not offend anybody. I am in no way saying that is all Baptists, just a local group that has caused me a great many headaches in my life.

7. Oct 28, 2008 at 9:03 PM
    08WhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    There are many things that just can't be explained. I just don't think that all this could just happen by radom acts. Everything just looks to well designed. Where did life come from if it was not create by God. Science can't explain that. All it can do is come up with more theories on where life came from.

8. Oct 28, 2008 at 9:14 PM
    airsoft_warrior

airsoft_warrior Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    I believe that God put everything here. But gave everything the ability to adapt and change but not change into new creatures. (by the way the word creatures means it was created. And Universe, Uni= 1 Verse is a single spoken sentence. God said let there be.) Evolution requires positive mutations but all the mutations observed are negative, Down syndrome and so forth are mutations in genetics which is what causes things to "evolve" If you take the physical science properties and put them with the theory of the big bang and evolution it just doesnt work. Hey my job is to spread the word. Its your job to make the decision. In my eyes there is only one true decision: Jesus Christ

9. Oct 28, 2008 at 9:17 PM
    airsoft_warrior

airsoft_warrior Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    I hate beer. I am baptist. so your theory of EVERYBODY is just disproved. That is unless you want to be like scientists and not believe that and make up some random stuff of how I will die out because i am not the strongest because i dont like beer. This evolution stuff is so stupid. I dont know how people can believe it.... Kinda like believing in OBAMAS Tax Plans.:eek:

10. Oct 28, 2008 at 9:22 PM
    airsoft_warrior

airsoft_warrior Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust

I am baptist and I dont believe that you have to be a good person to go to heaven but i dont believe you have to be baptist either. just being good is in the eye of the beholder. Romans doesnt talk about being only good. It is accepting Jesus as savior. Just my views on this matter. Clairifying so everyone doesnt think baptists are cults. Although i am an Independent Fundamental Baptist.

But i have to admit the part about the 2 baptists not drinking in front of each other... That is true! Hahaha. I can admit that. Although i personally dont like beer.

11. Oct 28, 2008 at 9:46 PM
    jrws6

jrws6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07, Dodge Ram 35004x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel 6M
    Those same people that believed the world was flat now are trying to convince you that we evolved from monkeys.

To my Knowledge the Bible has never and can not be disproved. Some people may choose not to beleive it, that is their decison.

12. Oct 28, 2008 at 10:04 PM
    silverbullet05

silverbullet05 OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    BLACK 09 DC 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    Icon Coilovers, Icon Rear Res. Shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, Fabtech AAL, TRD CAI, KMC XD Enduros, 285's BFG KM2; Demello Sliders, Full Budbuilt Skid Set
    The bible was written by humans to answer question we cant comprehend. I am ok going threw life without knowing all the answers. The creation of the universe and a book on the planet earth have nothing in common. The bible is just more human nonsense. It was written with a lot of human ego. It nice for people that need that security blanket. I will stick with facts not 2000 year old hearsay.

13. Oct 28, 2008 at 10:12 PM
    08WhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    If there is so much evidence supporting evolution then why is it a theory. Simply because they still can not prove it.

And why are evolution scientists so scared of creationism and the intelligent design theory. They refuse to accept them as alternatives to evolution. The reason we have science is to persue truth and to find answers. If we don't explore all possibilities than why call it science.

14. Oct 28, 2008 at 10:32 PM
    08WhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport

The theory of evolution was also written by humans to explain what we don't know. What's the difference??? If you say the the Bible is just human nonsense then what does that make everything else written by humans...

15. Oct 28, 2008 at 10:36 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Evolution.

Don;t hurt me. :(

16. Oct 28, 2008 at 10:38 PM
    silverbullet05

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Icon Coilovers, Icon Rear Res. Shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, Fabtech AAL, TRD CAI, KMC XD Enduros, 285's BFG KM2; Demello Sliders, Full Budbuilt Skid Set
    science calls things theory till they are 100% proven.
    Religions call their far fetched bible stories facts. If they called it theory it would be a lot more accurate. I don't believe in boats with two of every animal heaven or hell or adam and eve. Its a primitive way to view the world.I chose to evolve.

17. Oct 28, 2008 at 10:43 PM
    08WhiteTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport

Exactly. You can believe what you want to but how can you chose to evolve when it is still a theory...

18. Oct 28, 2008 at 10:45 PM
    silverbullet05

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    :D its logical where as the theory of god and the bible are not

19. Oct 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM
    silverbullet05

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    what kind of trap was this thread. I am set in my ways but I am going to bow out of this. I wouldn't want to offend people. I can respect all of your views and if you guys are right I will send you a postcard from hell in the afterlife.:)

20. Oct 28, 2008 at 11:42 PM
    slimsdepot

slimsdepot slimsdepot.com

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Creation all the way... If anybody lives in SoCal try to make it sometime to "the Rock Church" insane pastor that used to play for the Chargers. I try to make it each Sunday. Every time I go I feel as if he knows what I want him to talk about. He's good and makes everything make sense. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top