Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Creationism vs. Evolution

View Poll Results: Creationism vs. Evolution (Not Public)
Creationism 102 29.57%
Evolution 163 47.25%
Lil 'O Both 73 21.16%
Neither 7 2.03%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
yes.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
Runs with Scissors
Radelix has a spectacular aura aboutRadelix has a spectacular aura about

Radelix's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Radelix
sure. maybe, Well im here so there is a flaw in the plan somewhere

Old 10-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
i believe in the creation, i don't believe in the evolution process of the human, all that stuff about the apes, but i do believe that the scientific facts may have to do with what is written in the bible, as far as i know, a million years in this earth, could be just a second to god.... dont know... its my own theory LOL

Old 10-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I believe that God created the world and man. However, I believe that we have probably changed (a better word than "evolved') a little since our creation.

But do I believe we evolved from Apes? Absolutely not.

I also believe that the "7 days" God spent creating the world doesn't necessarily mean 7 24 hour periods. Could he have done it? Yes. Do I believe that it happened in 7 24 hour periods? No.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
davatk is on a distinguished road

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
In the beginning...

God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

Thats where I'm at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
Which do you believe?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:29 PM   #10
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
I believe that God created the world and man. However, I believe that we have probably changed (a better word than "evolved') a little since our creation.

But do I believe we evolved from Apes? Absolutely not.

I also believe that the "7 days" God spent creating the world doesn't necessarily mean 7 24 hour periods. Could he have done it? Yes. Do I believe that it happened in 7 24 hour periods? No.
we are kinda in the same page here.... i think that our human time is no the same for god....

Old 10-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #11
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
I believe in evolution because the theory of evolution is based on factual information. I simply cannot accept a fictional story written to explain creation by people that also believed the world was flat as even plausible.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #12
TommyTaco09 is on a distinguished road

TommyTaco09's Tacoma Gallery
Simple.. compare facts vs. faith. No substantial evidence to back up creationism except literatures which have been altered and information omitted to fit the ideals of the current society!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #13
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Somewhat both. I do believe in God and that he created the earth and the things on it. But I also believe that many things have evolved over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTaco09 View Post
Simple.. compare facts vs. faith. No substantial evidence to back up creationism except literatures which have been altered and information omitted to fit the ideals of the current society!
There is also no (concrete) proof of creationism.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #14
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
This is a false dichotomy. Evolution says nothing about how life started, just how it changes over time. Creation is about how it started.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #15
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
Creationism.

As someone else pointed out: Genesis 1:1

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Also - for those who are diehard evolution-believers - where's the missing link?

Old 10-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #16
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCadet View Post
Creationism.

As someone else pointed out: Genesis 1:1

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Also - for those who are diehard evolution-believers - where's the missing link?
You mean like this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/06/science/06fossil.html

Please prove to me that the book of Genesis is something more than a whimsical fairytale.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #17
Runs with Scissors
Radelix has a spectacular aura aboutRadelix has a spectacular aura about

Radelix's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Radelix
Im all for those who believe that we crawled out of a puddle and I am also all for those who think we were created from Gods image. I like the fact that we can disagree and discuss it.

So putting aside origins where did consciousness come from? The fact that I know that I exist and that I can make a decision to take a sip of coffee and ..... I say this because I think if we understand where our mind comes from we will then understand where our being comes from. Thoughts, comments?

Old 10-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #18
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Since nobody can really & truely explain how the hell the universe and all its wonders came to be..... That's God.

But after all that was initially created and put together in the Universe ...That's evolution.

I'm not religious and I believe in God in my own little way.....I don't go to church, was never brought up with it.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #19
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
Please prove to me that the book of Genesis is something more than a whimsical fairytale.
exactly....christians shun scientologists b/c its based off of a book...hmmm...pot says, "hey kettle, ur black!" if no one gets that reference, lemme know. the bible to me is like the greeks and romans creating stories of why things are the way they are b/c they didnt know how things really worked. all mythology

Old 10-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #20
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
That's a missing link. Not the missing link that proves everything. As for the Bible. Read up on Bible prophecies. Over 2,000 prophecies appear inthe Bible, and over 1,500 of them have been fufilled. Most recently, the rebirth of Israel as a nation - as well as Jews returning to their state in mass numbers.

Closed Thread

Products Discussed in this Thread