Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

(SOCAL) what were you doing during the blackout?

Old 09-09-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
aint that some $h!t
GMIKE is on a distinguished road
Name: MIKE
GMIKE's Tacoma Gallery
(SOCAL) what were you doing during the blackout?

For all those who were in the black out just curious how you guys got through the day. what were your thoughts, what did you do to mean while and etc..just to share some stories..

ill start it off...

as for me. i worked the graveyard shift so i had pulled a double right before the blackout..got home like around 2pm 9-8-11 and got a call at 5pm to ask to come in to work and help out. been there since 5pm to 6am 9-9-11.everything was blackout out so had to check on everybody in there apart. every 2 hrs. unfortunately they were some emergencies needed to be delt with but nothing life threatening..just glad lights are starting to come on..
Old 09-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I was at work in carlsbad when it happened and after about 15 minutes of it being off the streets started to fill. I hung back for about 30 more minutes in hopes for the traffic to die down a little bit. Nonetheless it didnt so I took the elfin forest backroads back into escondido. We had a $100 generator from harbor freight at home and it lasted all the way til the power came back on which was around 130. We were able to power are 50" tv and the cable box so we still didnt miss the game