Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

kern county fires

Old 09-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
kern county fires

any firefighters on that fire right now got some down time and I'm currently on the fire wondering if anyone from forum that are firefighters are on this fire as well
Old 09-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
thats a lot of "on this'"
Old 09-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I havent heard about this fire yet? But then again I live in NV now but am originally from Simi Valley. Who do you work for?...City, CDF, BLM, Forestry?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm with mrca there a small wildland station part of the santa monica mountains recreation area and I'm a volunteer I got lucky enough to go on monday last week for the canyon fire then we got demobilized we got back thursday then on saturday I got the call that were going back to the kern becuase dry lighting cuase a lot fires to pop up
Old 09-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nic
UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
you up in tehacapi stallion springs right now?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
I'm with mrca there a small wildland station part of the santa monica mountains recreation area and I'm a volunteer I got lucky enough to go on monday last week for the canyon fire then we got demobilized we got back thursday then on saturday I got the call that were going back to the kern becuase dry lighting cuase a lot fires to pop up
Oh okay got yah. I'm assuming your getting the experience to eventually go city/county? Be safe out there!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBCrew View Post
you up in tehacapi stallion springs right now?
Yup right now there's a couple fires ones mostly contained and there one big one that hasn't been contained yet last time I check
Old 09-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #9
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

I like wildland a lot I'm wana keep at it I wana get into a hotshot crew that's my goal for now or maybe cal fire and right now I don't mind not getting paid because whole else can get this experiance
Old 09-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
UMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of lightUMBCrew is a glorious beacon of light

UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy is on that fire hes from fresno driving a dozer and playing doctor. names roger gonzales hes a big white guy tell him you know me nic from bakersfield
Old 09-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #12

UMBCrew's Tacoma Gallery
do you know how long your gonna be up there? you got your truck with you?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
I like wildland a lot I'm wana keep at it I wana get into a hotshot crew that's my goal for now or maybe cal fire and right now I don't mind not getting paid because whole else can get this experiance
Thats cool that you are into wildland. I have a couple buddies that work for the Forestry Service in Montana on their summer vacations. One is on a heli-tac crew and the other is a crew boss.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #14
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBCrew View Post
do you know how long your gonna be up there? you got your truck with you?
I wish I'm with my station in there fire trucks and last night I did a 24 hour shift and today just chillin then tomorrow were going on that big fire that hasn't really been contain yet
Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #15
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Thats cool that you are into wildland. I have a couple buddies that work for the Forestry Service in Montana on their summer vacations. One is on a heli-tac crew and the other is a crew boss.
That's rad and but I wana get more exp. before I go somewhere else I was looking into smoke jumpers do you know anyone that's in that
Old 09-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #16
Pacman86m is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Battalion 3
Name: Thomas
Pacman86m's Tacoma Gallery
Kern Co. FD here. Been crazy past few days. 50+ fires. I missed the canyon fire ST by 6 hours or so. Had just went off duty. Got called back this weekend and chased tons of strikes around. Work northern county usually, but called back to Mojave and Keene past few days. Good luck up there. EGH

I know there is one other KCFD on TW.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:47 AM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
That's rad and but I wana get more exp. before I go somewhere else I was looking into smoke jumpers do you know anyone that's in that
No not personally but I'm sure my buddies know some jumpers. I'll see if I can get some info for you.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #18
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman86m View Post
Kern Co. FD here. Been crazy past few days. 50+ fires. I missed the canyon fire ST by 6 hours or so. Had just went off duty. Got called back this weekend and chased tons of strikes around. Work northern county usually, but called back to Mojave and Keene past few days. Good luck up there. EGH

I know there is one other KCFD on TW.
We didn't get much action but I don't mind because this is my first campaign fire finally got out to the real thing I was so stoked and today were getting demobilized and heading home and I might look into kern county as well do you know when they usaully hire people
Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #19
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
No not personally but I'm sure my buddies know some jumpers. I'll see if I can get some info for you.
I was talking someone about it from what I heard you need at least 5 to 10 years expirience
Old 09-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #20
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
I was talking someone about it from what I heard you need at least 5 to 10 years expirience
Hmmm I'm not sure but I wouldnt be surprised. I know jumpers are bad ass though!! I'm not super well experienced with wildland since I am a city firefighter. We only respond with 1 brush truck right now, used to have 2 but one took a dump a couple years ago. My Chief is working on getting us a tender though.