LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

American BS thread

Old 11-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #46181
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
sukoshi nihongo o hanashimasu why do you need to learn?
Thats beyond my level

I'm still at "Anata na namae Marcel Desu"

and shit like "Genki Desu Ka"

Going to Japan in 3 weeks.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #46182
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
damn youre one busy motherfucker

also that sentence says "you name marcel"

"anata" is the person you're conversating with//"you"

boku is self in terms of if you have a penis, watashi is "me" generally
Old 11-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #46183
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've never tried to learn a "Phrase" type of language before. English/French/Spanish are all word and grammar between the words based. Japanese is frustrating as hell.

Like:
"Genki Desu Ka" = How are you today?"
"Ogenki Desu Ka" = How are you?
"Genki Desu" = I'm fine

WHAT. THE. FUCK. OVER.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #46184

One correlation I've found is "Ka" is pretty much the Japanese version of a question mark.

Every question type sentence ends in Ka
Old 11-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #46185
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

it's kinda confusing

like sentences are backwards, in terms of subjects

"Ohaiyou gozaimasu"
translated is literally

"Morning GOOD!"

"Otoire wa doko desu ka?"

"TOILET. WHERE IS IT?"

"genki desu ka" is "how are you", "Ka" is the japanese question mark

kyou wa genki desu ka" is "how are you today"
Old 11-04-2013, 01:21 AM   #46186

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
One correlation I've found is "Ka" is pretty much the Japanese version of a question mark.

Every question type sentence ends in Ka
beat me to it haha

wa/ga denotes the topic of the sentence

"Watashi wa genki desu"

"I am fine"

it sucks until you think about how fucking confusing english must be to learn

to too 2
there they're their
are our
in inn
dick penis schlong cock shiny phallus dragon
Old 11-04-2013, 01:22 AM   #46187

Youkoso is "Welcome"
"Ohaiyou gozaimasu" can't be literally "Good Morning" because
"Konbanwa" is "Good Evening" and
"Oyasuminasai" is "Good Night"
Old 11-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #46188

Quote:
beat me to it haha

wa/ga denotes the topic of the sentence

"Watashi wa genki desu"

"I am fine"

it sucks until you think about how fucking confusing english must be to learn

to too 2
there they're their
are our
in inn
dick penis schlong cock shiny phallus dragon
Phallus Dragon.. Fucking. Gold. haha

Yea but english has direct translations for every word, meaning you can start learning based off phrases & singular word definitions.

Japanese has the same word mean different things depending on context. As if thats not hard enough, they THEN use Multiple different words to mean 1 single thing. Fuck.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #46190

Quote:
are you going for business kinda shit or for shits and giggles?
Tokyo Motor Show
Robot Fighting & Sexy Japanese girls resturant
Kyoto Ancient Temples
800 yr old saki distillery
Go to GT-R factory and race GT-R's
Eat lots of sushi
Drink lots of everything

That all we've thought of currently.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #46191

Also the funniest one I've learned so far "Ichigo Ichi"

Means "One meeting, One time", phrase refering to chance meetings in life. Taught it to my buddy, he's going to try to use it as a panty dropper line.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #46192

yeah...
bring a tablet, pull a pic of something up and
"Kore wa doko desu ka?"
"Where is this?"

"Otoire wa doko desu ka?"
"where is the bathroom?"

"Gomennasai, nihongo o hanashimasen"
"sorry, I don't fucking speak japanese"

"eigo o hanashimasu ka?"
"do you speak english?"

"Sumimasen"
Excuse me, impolite "sorry"

"Gommennasai"
polite "sorry"

Arigatou gozaimasu
"thank you"

"watashi wa saishokushugisha desu"
"Fuck off, I am a vegitarian"

"Kaji! Kaji da!"
"holy shit something's on fire"

adding kudasai= "please"

keisatsu o yonde kudasai!
"CALL THE POLICE"

"Arimasen" cancels whatever you just said to pretty much say "don't do this"

"Keisatsu o yobidasu koto wa arimasen"
"FUCK DONT CALL THE POLICE"

think that's about all you need to know
Old 11-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #46193

How do I say:
"The hooker was dead before I got here?"

and do you actually know some Japanese or are you google translating this?
Old 11-04-2013, 01:46 AM   #46194

I took 3 years of it, kinda been exposed to it over the years

the only thing i googled in that was the "don't call the police" haha
Old 11-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #46195

Quote:
I took 3 years of it, kinda been exposed to it over the years

the only thing i googled in that was the "don't call the police" haha
Excellent, as I learn I will be drilling you full. Of Japanese.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #46196
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
HI MARCEL! Where the fuck have you been, didn't have time to read back, hope you are well, dont' get your cock stuck in a robot in Japan...
Quote:
"watashi wa saishokushugisha desu"
"Fuck off, I am a vegitarian"

"Kaji! Kaji da!"
"holy shit something's on fire"

adding kudasai= "please"

keisatsu o yonde kudasai!
"CALL THE POLICE"

"Arimasen" cancels whatever you just said to pretty much say "don't do this"

"Keisatsu o yobidasu koto wa arimasen"
"FUCK DONT CALL THE POLICE"

think that's about all you need to know
I think for Marcel, just these phrases plus shiny phallus dragon are all he will need...

I wonder if he knows they drive on the wrong side.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #46197

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
HI MARCEL! Where the fuck have you been, didn't have time to read back, hope you are well, dont' get your cock stuck in a robot in Japan...

I think for Marcel, just these phrases plus shiny phallus dragon are all he will need...

I wonder if he knows they drive on the wrong side.
all I know is that ALL cars there are fucking tiny as shit

and gas stations are awesome in the cities. It's impossible to find self service stations

the gas nozzles hang from the ceilings, you pull up, tell them what kind of gas you want
they use these long poles, grab the nozzles from the ceiling, and fill your car up while you try to convince your wife to try anal in the car

I saw an imported Ram drive through Harajuku, looked like a giant black man among a crowd of starving asians
Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #46198
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
all I know is that ALL cars there are fucking tiny as shit

and gas stations are awesome in the cities. It's impossible to find self service stations

the gas nozzles hang from the ceilings, you pull up, tell them what kind of gas you want
they use these long poles, grab the nozzles from the ceiling, and fill your car up while you try to convince your wife to try anal in the car

I saw an imported Ram drive through Harajuku, looked like a giant black man among a crowd of starving asians
I heard all their fuels include 10% sake and 10% tentacle.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #46199

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
I heard all their fuels include 10% sake and 10% tentacle.
God I hope so

hey Dick!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #46200
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
'merica fck yeah

Products Discussed in this Thread