1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"180" Holocaust and Abortion Porpaganda (Graphic Content)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Slodgetto, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Sep 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    Slodgetto

Slodgetto [OP] Über Posre

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    I think you're right, it's not a debate about Hitler. It's a comparison between the justifications given by Hitler and his followers for the extermination of the Jews and the justifications given by people today for why it's ok to kill unborn babies... they're not really "human".

Sorry you felt like I wasted your time, man... It was about history in the begining and then gave a comparison of what's going on today. "Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it."
    Agreed. And that's pretty amazing about your grandfather!
    Sorry you feel that way as well...
    Ok......... well I at least hope you don't feel like I wasted your time since you learned some intersting historical info. :) This video was mostly made to simply get you to think...

Lol. I thought godwinning an argument had to do with the unintelligent use of the Nazis or Hitler to berate someone elses argument when they have nothing to do with the topic.... I thought this video did a great job of comparing the justifications of the holocaust to today's justifications for abortion. It was presented very logically.
    But the video is saying human life ISN'T a matter of opinion--it's much too valuable to be subjected to opinion...

Guilting people? How about just trying to make them think by posing tough, hard-hitting questions? :notsure:

I'll agree, the lack of education was astonishing to me!!!

2. Sep 28, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    Slodgetto

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    Not staged.... but that Neo-Nazi dude was :eek:!!!
    I want some.... :spy:

:D
    Alrighty then.

You don't agree that an un-born baby is human?
    :confused:

3. Sep 28, 2011 at 4:14 PM
    Saskquatch11

Saskquatch11 TRUCK YEAH

Member:
    Anyone who has read "Freakonomics - A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything" can tell you there is a direct correlation between legalizing abortion and a significant drop in the crime rate.

I would also like to see this guy interview someone of average intelligence.

4. Sep 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    subbed to watch later

5. Sep 28, 2011 at 4:19 PM
    ericb

ericb I'm a very neat monster

Member:
    First Name:
    Dexter
    surface of the sun
    Vehicle:
    Truck So Good
    I don't agree that some wastes of flesh walking this earth are human and I would give the poor dogs at the pound more quarter than I would them. if you posted this to go on one of the typical fanatical anti-abortion campaigns dissing everyone that disagrees with you, then I missed the point of your thread.... carry on

6. Sep 28, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
  7. Sep 28, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    ericb

ericb I'm a very neat monster

Member:
    First Name:
    Dexter
    surface of the sun
    Vehicle:
    Truck So Good
    Seriously the anti-abortionists are such hypocrites. three times as many people die of starvation every year so if you are such a life crusader and want to make a difference sell everything you own and head on over to africa and try to actually make a difference instead of pushing the rabid religious/moral ideology on everyone else.

8. Sep 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    Slodgetto

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    How'd they figure that out? And why is that the case?

He has before.... I'll dig it up if you want. It's an un-edited debate with him and a very intelligent athiest! Hitler even comes up... It's hard to tell who wins in the end, but it's very cool to watch! Lemme find it.... it's shorter than this one too...

9. Sep 28, 2011 at 4:27 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    i b t l.

10. Sep 28, 2011 at 4:33 PM
    Derpy Derek

Derpy Derek Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Brookings, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    ARB Bumper, Smittybilt X20, King suspension
    *snip*

This topic is going to get out of hand... I'm out of here.

Edit: Thanks for the negative reputation, leave a name next time you pussy ass bitch.

11. Sep 28, 2011 at 4:34 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
  12. Sep 28, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
  13. Sep 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM
    Slodgetto

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    Wow. Noted.... I believe all people are human beings and should be treated as such.

The purpose of this thread was to get people to think. I'm not trying to diss anyone here...
    Giving the history behind the Holocaust was necessary to present the idea that abortion is a modern day version of the Holocaust... You can't very well set up that argument without Hitler.

Again, I'm sorry you feel this way. It was posted to get you to critically think about these issues.
    lol :wave:
    I care about human life, period. But how does the idea that "anti-abortionists" don't care about people dying from starvation justify abortion itself??? Just because many people die from one cause doesn't mean you can justify another....

And yes, many people die from starvation, (it's sad) but they weren't murdered!

14. Sep 28, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    Slodgetto

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    lol. Actually they both had camera's running and the athiest posted his video up on youtube.... Like I said, it's a completely unedited debate with no audience even.
    Like this guy? ;) I can dig it.
    [​IMG]
    I'll call you in a minute, dude, I'm at the library right now...

15. Sep 28, 2011 at 5:03 PM
    Saskquatch11

Saskquatch11 TRUCK YEAH

Member:
    It's a great book, I highly recommend it.
    some other section titles are "Why do drug dealers still live with their moms?", "How is the Ku Klux Klan like a group of real-estate agents?", and my personal favourite "Would a Roshanda by any other name smell as sweet?"

from section 4 "Where have all the criminals gone?" pg 126 - 127

What sort of woman was most likely to take advantage of Roe v. Wade? Very often she was unmarried or in her teens or poor, and somtimes all three. What sort of future might her child have had? One study has shown that the typical child who went unborn in the earliest years of legalized abortion would have been 50 percent more likely than average to live in poverty; he would have also been 60 percent more likely to grow up with just one parent. These two factors - childhood poverty and a single parent household - are among the strongest predictors that a child will have a criminal future. Growing up in a single-parent home roughly doubles the child's propensity to commit crime. So does having a teenage mother. Another study has shown that low maternal education is the single most powerful factor leading to criminality.

In other words, the very factors that drove millions of American women to have an abortion also seemed to predict that their children, had they been born, would have led unhappy and possibly criminal lives.

To be sure, the legalization of abortion in the United States had myriad consequences. Infanticide fell dramatically. So did shotgun marriages, as well as the number of babies put up for adoption (which has led to the boom in the adoption of foreign babies). Conceptions rose by nearly 30 percent, but births actually fell by 6 percent, indicating that many women were using abortion as a method of birth control, a crude and drastic sort of insurance policy.

Perhaps the most dramatic effect of legalized abortion, however, and one that would take years to reveal itself, was its impact on crime. In the early 1990s, just as the first cohort of children born after Roe v. Wade was hitting its late teen years - the years during which young men enter there criminal prime - the rate of crime began to fall. What this cohort was missing, of course, were the children who stood the greatest chance of becoming criminals. And the crime rate continued to fall as an entire generation came of age minus the children whose mothers had not wanted to bring a child into the world. Legalized abortion led to less unwantedness; unwantedness leads to high crime; legalized abortion, therefore, led to less crime.

16. Sep 28, 2011 at 5:17 PM
    Slodgetto

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    That makes total sense from an economic point of view, and I'll definately check out the book! Looks like a good read. :D + 1!

So I guess the question is this: Is it right to deprive a child of life because they will most likely live in a dreary situation and become criminals in the future?

Can you punish a baby for a crime they have not yet commited, only because they are very likely to commit that crime?

17. Sep 28, 2011 at 6:19 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2,

FWIW, I'm 110% Pro-life.

18. Sep 28, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    epic convos in here. sub'd to watch later..

19. Sep 28, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    tacoman15

tacoman15 Boobies

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Northeast Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD OR & 1985 SR5 4Runner
    i have never met anyone who doesnt know how hitler is? wtf how do you not know who he is :confused: i bet if the camera wasn't there people wouldn't be flip flopping answers either. i think he is just another televangelist lookin for a quick buck IMO

20. Sep 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    The answer is, woman should have the right to choose family planning methods including abortion of an unviable fetus without regard to future criminal likelihood. Reduced crime is a benefit of that ability to control procreation, not a justification.

That said there should be some medically determined gestation timeframe beyond which a fetus is considered viable and no longer terminable without medical cause. Good thing that is a rarity already.

[​IMG]
    To go futher, I'm Libertarian and find Roe V. Wade a travesty of judicial activism against the Constitution and states rights. But I would hope that each state would create laws or ammendments allowing abortion.

I find anti-abortion to be a form of sexism cloaked in the guise of protecting the right of the unviable fetus over the right of the woman to control her reproduction.

"If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament." Especially since man created the bible largely to oppress women.

If that doesn't lock this........... well I tried.:eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top