Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Wonder where BP oil in the Gulf went?

Old 10-04-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Cool
Old 10-04-2011, 04:30 AM   #3
T4C0MA has a spectacular aura aboutT4C0MA has a spectacular aura about
T4C0MA's Tacoma Gallery
Is it edible?
Old 10-04-2011, 04:30 AM   #4
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
OP, swim to the bottom w/ a shovel if you're worried about it
Old 10-04-2011, 04:32 AM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
This going to interrupt my Bottom-Ocean morning jogs without a doubt.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:33 AM   #6
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MadMtnMikey's Tacoma Gallery
They could always stop drilling and we can all start walking and riding our bicycles to work.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:38 AM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMtnMikey View Post
They could always stop drilling and we can all start walking and riding our bicycles to work.
Thus ending Tacoma World, highway transportation and electricity. Sounds like a great plan to me! 1820 here we come!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:39 AM   #8
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Thus ending Tacoma World, highway transportation and electricity. Sounds like a great plan to me! 1820 here we come!

Amen brotha !!!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:44 AM   #9

Actually, you forgot about the wonderful petroleum replacement plan that's in place. No worries, we have a reliable alternative .....

Oh.... wait..... no we don't.... and people are living an average of 10 miles or more from where they work in some areas

Old 10-04-2011, 04:47 AM   #10
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
LOL at some of the posts. Awesome!

No need to read into this post. Seeing things on television has a way of desensitizing matters, but seeing those same things up close tends to make it real. I don't care what overly large and highly profitable company it is, it's the lies that get me. It's also the lack of regulations, no the oil itself. That disaster put a ton of good people out of work.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:47 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
It didn't just magically disappear.......as long as we don't need oil to manufacture tires/tubes for our bikes then whatever..........and since we know where it is and it seems to be in a more easily retrievable non-animal soaking form, why couldn't they just go pick it up and refine it?

*** hint - the refine part wasn't really part of the question, it was just thrown in for bonus ***
Old 10-04-2011, 04:53 AM   #12
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
It didn't just magically disappear.......as long as we don't need oil to manufacture tires/tubes for our bikes then whatever..........and since we know where it is and it seems to be in a more easily retrievable non-animal soaking form, why couldn't they just go pick it up and refine it?

*** hint - the refine part wasn't really part of the question, it was just thrown in for bonus ***
The reality of it is they would spend more trying to calm the media down about the pick up than they would ignoring it's there in the first place. Not to mention all the more "protesting" gas consumers would do.

At this point the majority has forgotten about it, their logical thing to do is keep it that way.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:00 AM   #13

Quote:
The reality of it is they would spend more trying to calm the media down about the pick up than they would ignoring it's there in the first place. Not to mention all the more "protesting" gas consumers would do.

At this point the majority has forgotten about it, their logical thing to do is keep it that way.
Bingo

Likewise, what more would you have them do ? They did make a valiant cleanup effort... You think there isn't still remnants from the Valdez accident ? You start forcing companies out of business over accidents and watch what happens to the gasoline market. There's no good answer, damned if you do, damned if you don't type of scenario.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:00 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Guess, I shoulda just called the whole question rhetorical. Yes, majority of media educated sheep have forgotten it.....as with the nuclear meltdown in Japan, earthquake in Haiti, etc. Sad thing is sheeple just think all is well because it isn't making news anymore.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:12 AM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nah, you'll get better traction now
Old 10-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #16
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, that's the point. It DIDN'T magically disappear, there IS still remnants from all of these disasters, but sheeple continue to think all is well b/c it's no longer in the news. Scary to know how much media shapes our society, but what can be done if people know/hold this info? Damned if I have an answer. I don't have a clue as to how clean up the oil, or the radiation, or the island of trash in the Pacific, or tame the Middle East. Eh, maybe one intelligent fool out there will be able to heal each part of the world. I can only claim my little space on TW.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #17
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

^^^Yeah, that trash eddy in the Pacific is freaky shit.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:55 AM   #18
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 10-04-2011, 07:07 AM   #19
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't mind riding my bike to work more often - I've done it on occasion, it's about 30 miles round trip...it's all the damn traffic that scares me! Pedestrians get hit and killed by motorists all the time in Jacksonville, especially since there are hardly any bike lanes.

I personally will never get gas at a BP again...I don't care if they tried to clean it or not!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #20
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
quoted for possible sig. . . damn that killed me when i read it.