Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Speaking in tongue?

Old 10-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
$enior M3MB3R
jdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant future

Name: John
jdickey03's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking in tongue?

Thought maybe I could ask some fellow TW members who know some stuff about religion. Anyways my grandmother passed away yesterday morning, and my mom and dad were there by her side in her last few minutes. They said when she was talking to them she started saying how she was ready to go home (heaven) and then started talking in tongue for like 30-45 seconds. My grandmother was a very religious Christian, but her mother told her to never go to a church that spoke in tongue(not putting down any religions that do just repeating what I was told) so anyways she never did. Nor would she ever have ever been around it long enough to speak it. My parents were freaked out and when they told my aunts and uncles they too were freaked out. I've researched a little and tried to find out why someone would find it "bad" to speak in tongue, and my family doesn't want to talk about it. AnyOne have an explination why some religions would think it's "bad" ?
Old 10-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for later. dont feel like typing (the little i do know) everything on an Ipod.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
There is nothing (in my opinion) for them to freak out about or to be upset about. The Bible talks about speaking in tongues and different people interpret it different ways. I am Southern Baptist and we do not practice speaking in tongues, but I know friends who go to charismatic churches where they do it and I think they are "good christians" just like the churches who don't.
What is important is that your grandmother was a christian (gave her heart to Christ) - that is all that matters. Everything else is just personal interpretation and will not keep anyone out of heaven.
I think you can comfort your family and rejoice that Grandma is in heaven. It does not matter what language they speak there (I am sure it is not American English).